Expanding Ibrox

Ace

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Who we getting to do the work Wee Tam and his brother Billy fa roon the corner. 

No mate! we are getting proper builders in. We already have agreed a tender with O'Reilly's construction to begin as soon as they complete the perimeter wall for Sybil Fawlty.

Would love to see us increase the capacity, just not sure what is being considered is the right way to go.

Obviously we will have to wait until any plans are shown but I am not sure that this will happen any time soon and to be honest they push for 55 should be the first priority. 

I still get a feeling of dispair every time that grinning cunt Robertson appears, surely Rangers would keep him well away from a project like this if it ever became reality. 

Hopefully we can do this, 4000 extra seats at £30 a ticket (I know some would be kids tickets etc so cheaper) would be over 100k a match, I’ve no idea how much work like this would cost but generating millions extra every season it shouldn’t take too long to pay for itself unless I’m hugely underestimating how much it would cost?

26 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Would love to see us increase the capacity, just not sure what is being considered is the right way to go.

Obviously we will have to wait until any plans are shown but I am not sure that this will happen any time soon and to be honest they push for 55 should be the first priority. 

I still get a feeling of dispair every time that grinning cunt Robertson appears, surely Rangers would keep him well away from a project like this if it ever became reality. 

They will do exactly what they did to the front of the Govan Rear and add 3 or 4 rows  

Would I’ve liked to hear about any plans they have to improve the disabled spaces than increase the capacity. 

28 minutes ago, rossDas said:

What is the estimated lifespan of the current stands? 

Perhaps the only sensible opportunity for serious capacity expansion is when a stand needs to be fully replaced.

Properly built and maintained stands should last forever. 

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They will do exactly what they did to the front of the Govan Rear and add 3 or 4 rows  

Would I’ve liked to hear about any plans they have to improve the disabled spaces than increase the capacity. 

The Bar 72 seats idea ? That at least would stop this idea of lowering the pitch which I am not in favour off.

The disabled spaces are terrible especially in bad weather, they would need a lift fitted to what you think they might do and give an area in any new seating for them.  

1 hour ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Having just been to the Wanda Metropolitano , the concept of fannying around at huge cost to add a few thousand seats shows how far the mighty have fallen.  It's thoroughly depressing. 

How's it depressing?

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The Bar 72 seats idea ? That at least would stop this idea of lowering the pitch which I am not in favour off.

The disabled spaces are terrible especially in bad weather, they would need a lift fitted to what you think they might do and give an area in any new seating for them.  

Aye mate Bar 72 it’s relatively easy. We have lowered the pitch before and I’m sure it takes a lot to keep the pitch drained because of that, so I don’t  know if that’s even possible again. 

I know Mate, I look over at the disabled section when it’s pishing down and think fuck we could do something better than that for our disabled fans. 

4 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Might be petty but if expanding we should be making sure we’ve got more seats than the piggery.

History shows Rangers FC as the premier club of Scotland with the best standards and the biggest stadium , Since that changed in the mid 90's with Ibrox being smaller was always amazed that we never did anything about it. In this time Ibrox is too small and too old , new locks of paint here and there just look cheap and nasty. We all know the financial thing but something needs done.

3 minutes ago, lerxst said:

History shows Rangers FC as the premier club of Scotland with the best standards and the biggest stadium , Since that changed in the mid 90's with Ibrox being smaller was always amazed that we never did anything about it. In this time Ibrox is too small and too old , new locks of paint here and there just look cheap and nasty. We all know the financial thing but something needs done.

I would argue it’s too small and too old, 55k is a good capacity for us. 

Old doesn’t mean bad if it's been looked after properly which Ibrox hasn’t for over 20 years, hopefully that’s changing with the work slowly getting done. 

Just because something is big and relatively new (ie The PeadoDome) doesn’t mean it’s any good as the afore mentioned mess of a stadium shows. 

Expanding the stadium is something that needs to happen for me. More seats, more fans and more money for the club. Hopefully ups the chance of a standing area as well that every modern club should be having in their stadium.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

No mate! we are getting proper builders in. We already have agreed a tender with O'Reilly's construction to begin as soon as they complete the perimeter wall for Sybil Fawlty.

The builders involved have had a hut outside Ibrox all during Summer.

39 minutes ago, King Jela said:

That’s because it’s a lot of shite. The timing of this breaking news isn’t coincidental. 

We’ve had brand protection, and they want people to grass the hawkers on that one, how ironic eh, we’ve had snp haters on our doorstep welcomed with open arms and now crowd capacity increase, coincidence? Na. Just win the League for fucks sake. Sick of listening to pish.

Archived