*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still think its going to take a few more of those kind of wins before the players believe they can do it

Against Killie and today we looked like we were waiting for the sucker punch of them scoring, once we got the 1st today it should've been 3/4, they opened up and we sat back.

Not the best performance but after being away to Legia and with 2 big games coming up its 3 points we needed.

And very happy for Barisic

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Although, for those questioning the tactic, even after going behind, had that sub got a better touch, they’d have nicked a point.

That's as may be.  I'm assuming the thing that will (or should) be worrying Gerrard a whole lot more is why, despite all the summer spending and despite all the ore-season efforts, the players on the pitch are nowhere near ruthless enough in taking the very good goal scoring chances that the play has created.   Point being, the game would be well beyond any risk of StM getting a consolation which might have turned out to be an equaliser.      I don't know how he does it but Gerrard needs to somehow get from the players a far better return of goals scored to chances created.  

Just now, pollok-bear said:

Mate I am not trying to argue with people here. All I am saying is I don’t think any Rangers player should be blessing themselves on the pitch.

it’s disrespectful to what our club stands for and the tradition and heritage of our club.

Get this stupid walloper ta fuck. 

Good enough,bring on Legia

Helander did ok,did nothing wrong imo but needs to put on some beef

Happy for Borna,what a hit

Jones very quiet and nothing worked out for him today

Aribo is really getting into his stride now,love it

Tav was much better 

We really miss big Katic in the air at BOTH ends

2 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Mate I am not trying to argue with people here. All I am saying is I don’t think any Rangers player should be blessing themselves on the pitch.

it’s disrespectful to what our club stands for and the tradition and heritage of our club.

Are you saying we are a sectarian club?

3 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Look mate our culture is being pillared from all angles let’s not get hung up on this one

barisic or whoever can piss themselves, never mind bless themselves for all I care if we win the league

Mate a am getting a lot of angry responses from other posters. I don’t get why as I am just saying from my point of view a Rangers player should not be doing that.

2 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

There’s papes and there’s Rebel plastic paddy pape’s mate, our argument is with the latter.

1 minute ago, callumbo87 said:

Well seeing the BBC dont hide their agenda,

Stats on the match have us with only 40% possession and make it look closer than it was.

Maybe I'm being petty but they've put up misleading shite for a number of our games recently.

They've been doing it for matches across the board for a few weeks now - all leagues, europe etc

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Don’t agree we were sitting back mate, they defended well and we were constantly at them. 

Shouldnt have said sit back but we set upnto contain rather than push for a 2nd. That cost us last season and by some luck could have / should have cost us twice this season today and against killie.

Archived