2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to be clever about regardless of what side you sit on.

We are staring expulsion in the face for singing songs, after being highly praised by the opponents we have knocked out in the last rounds for our demeanor and fan behaviour. Simply singing songs.

Time to use this heightened awareness of our singing to highlight the covered up child abuse form the east. It’s not racial or sectarian but it’s appropriate and factual. Let FARE and Uefa hear that and await their reply......

34 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They accused us of cutting the grass into the shape of an orange collaratte first OF game of the 05/06 season.  He wasn’t taking the piss.  The day Boyd scored his only OF goal.

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

We need to be clever about regardless of what side you sit on.

We are staring expulsion in the face for singing songs, after being highly praised by the opponents we have knocked out in the last rounds for our demeanor and fan behaviour. Simply singing songs.

Time to use this heightened awareness of our singing to highlight the covered up child abuse form the east. It’s not racial or sectarian but it’s appropriate and factual. Lets FARE and Uefa hear that and await their reply......

To be honest, if we start a big chant about paedophiles, im pretty sure it could fall foul of the same rules.

I also dont really find the idea about singing about nonces to be very appealing in all honesty.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

They accused us of cutting the grass into the shape of an orange collaratte first OF game of the 05/06 season.  He wasn’t taking the piss.  The day Boyd scored his only OF goal.

Did we face any sanctions, or even serious threat of said sanctions?

Or did we laugh at them?

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, if we start a big chant about paedophiles, im pretty sure it could fall foul of the same rules.

I also dont really find the idea about singing about nonces to be very appealing in all honesty.

Tbh mitre I’m not that fond of it myself, but the songs I am fond of singing are being used against us at the moment. I can’t see where Uefa could say “ you can’t sing about covered up peadophelia” on what grounds? Your stating and singing about facts, and highlighting what is scotlands worst kept secret!

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Did we face any sanctions, or even serious threat of said sanctions?

Or did we laugh at them?

News paper ran the story and I’m sure speirs had something to say about it unsurprisingly. 

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Tbh mitre I’m not that fond of it myself, but the songs I am fond of singing are being used against us at the moment. I can’t see where Uefa could say “ you can’t sing about covered up peadophelia” on what grounds? Your stating and singing about facts, and highlighting what is scotlands worst kept secret!

It could easily be spun that it is grossly offensive. Not sure of the exact rules, but would be very careful.

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

How about just not singing about paedophilia?  

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You really need to put your SNPira handbook down.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Boyd scored in the last of that season mate.

Just checked it was the season after, don’t know why I thought he scored in that game.  Prso and Buffel no sure who scored the other maybe prso again?

edit see post above novo. 

2 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Oh behave yourself. My comment to you was based on your own personal feelings as to when it was acceptable to sing the songs. The answer clearly being, never in public/sports stadia.

The comment you’ve chosen to highlight in my own post is quite clearly a statement of what the board should do, shared by all on this forum. Completely different arguments.

Do you know something mate ? I honesty hate arguing with fellow Bears and just got angry at your first post because I have been angry since I noticed this latest story breaking on Twitter earlier.

I plan to be at the game tomorrow night and will certainly not be singing anything that might get us into trouble that is for sure. I just hope we can get through to the group stages. :thumbup:

PS we need a 'peace pipe emoticon' for this subject I think.  

We are being fkd over compared to others which is being pushed through by our worried enemy but let’s not pretend that we don’t know what songs or chants will and won’t get us a further charge. 

Uefa or Fare have filmed our away support in Warsaw at the lock in and hopefully this is a sign that’s it’s the final charge as anything else will be even more farcical.

I don’t think the board have a choice in regards to fighting uefa but they are certainly shite at fighting every other cunt domestically.

From what I’ve read UEFA highlighted BF1 and told the club to act which they have done.  As much as it’s easy to blame the UB especially with video evidence or other witnesses however we all need to own it as a support.

I think it’s easy to stop the TBB and other chants tomorrow night but our fans need to watch when we sing Follow Follow as that’s where we could slip up.

I can’t pretend I wont retaliate in kind should the fenians start their ira shite on Sunday though.

Footballing wise let’s win these next two games with the first bringing in another shitload of cash which can allow us to further speculate and win us 55 this season.

29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Right but, and with no disrespect intended, your opinion - or mines for that matter - doesn't matter a jot. It's down to the rules as they are. Iirc, the banner was 'Rodgers at work' and a play on a road sign. I totally get where its absolutely offensive but it doesn't come under the same offence as ours. The big difference is ous has a prescribed list of specific sanctions available regardless of how 'severe' the offence is, while the articles celtic have been charged with breaching tend to have a sliding scale of punishments available to them.

Their “Rodgers at work” sign next to weird alien looking thing dressed in IRA uniform was displayed against Linfield . A support that is well known to be made up predominantly of the loyalist community in Belfast. Their display and songs that night were carried out with full knowledge and hope of causing deep offence to the opposition support.  Questions have to be aksed of where was FARE that night? 

So let me get this right, we were charged in 2006 for sectarian singing in Villereal.  Personally I remember it well but that was 13 years ago. I'm assuming most union bears were just children then. I'm not naive to think they don't know that TBB is wrong but are/were they aware of the ramifications. There has been no transparencyy from the board or UEFA. We are getting fucked here.

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Their “Rodgers at work” sign next to weird alien looking thing dressed in IRA uniform was displayed against Linfield . A support that is well known to be made up predominantly of the loyalist community in Belfast. Their display and songs that night were carried out with full knowledge and hope of causing deep offence to the opposition support.  Questions have to be aksed of where was FARE that night? 

And they were fined for that but it doesn't fulfil the criteria of the anti-discrimination article

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It could easily be spun that it is grossly offensive. Not sure of the exact rules, but would be very careful.

I’d like to challenge it tbh. I’m grossly offended my country has its greatest ssporting scandal still covered up!

simply put with this heightened awareness of what we sing let’s turn this back onto celtic and their fans. This is where this shit show has arisen from. What a way for it to blow up in their faces with all of Europe watching and listening!!

3 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Imagine games of football in 20 years time. No cunt singing. No cunt clapping. Every cunt all sitting together, making new friends with the opposition. Players bigger pussys than they are now.

That's where we are heading. Fuckin boak.

Rugby.

The board need to be strong and clear on this. Release a statement making it crystal clear what will not be tolerated so there can be no ambiguity and, in that same statement, make it known that any fan not able to abide by the wishes of the club will receive a lifetime ban from Ibrox.

I imagine it would take only a few bannings, if any, to get people to toe the line. We are in the middle of rebuilding our squad, our club and our image. We don't need any of this absolute fucking nonsense at our door. 

Archived