2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sang all the songs when I was a teenager at Ibrox, 15-20 years ago.  But to be honest, I’ll be glad to see the back of them.  They have no place in 2019.

But this latest and second charge is outrageous and absolutely reeks. To be done in the space of 1 week for 2 separate occasions with no prior or fair warning before the 2nd is shambolic. 

I imagine there are many clubs throughout Europe that are guilty of far worse from week to week. And so, without doubt, this is now an overt, malicious witch-hunt.

Yes, there can be no more sectarianism in any stadia we play at. But equally, the club must act now to defend ourselves from FARE who are an abomination of an organisation.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The same Gerrard that was with Liverpool while their fans were taking the piss out of Everton for Steaua winning the EC after Heysel with a banner on the Kop? that sang Munich chants? that made plane gestures?

He wont stick around if we lose out on millions of pounds and have to downsize and he is expected to try and compete with a team who are raking in millions from Europe each year.

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

They voluntarily shut the GB section for 2 games after that whole rodgers at work banner against Linfield. It resulted in a fine of £20k instead of a forced closure of a larger section, etc

The rules that @The Dude has posted deem that irrelevant though. Under these regulations, they broke the same rules we have yet only we got punished for it.

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Oh I think I do, you see I live in the real world and know the laws of the land.

I am aware TBB, Roll of Honour and the Famine song have been deemed illegal by the courts.

I am also aware Fathers Advice is not as the YCV are not a proscribed organisation.

You're not understanding the point that has been made constantly on here for days now. 

It isn't going to end with them getting one or two songs censored, this is just the tip of the iceberg. 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He wont stick around if we lose out on millions of pounds and have to downsize and he is expected to try and compete with a team who are raking in millions from Europe each year.

Who else talks to you mate? Would you say there's more than one voice at a time?

1 minute ago, Sasa_Papac_No1_Fan said:

The rules that @The Dude has posted deem that irrelevant though. Under these regulations, they broke the same rules we have yet only we got punished for it.

Have the rules been tightened since then? Genuine question, as I have no idea!

Regardless, UEFA seem to be taking it far more seriously this year with clamp downs on clubs from all over the shop.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

You're not understanding the point that has been made constantly on here for days now. 

It isn't going to end with them getting one or two songs censored, this is just the tip of the iceberg. 

Then we need to move with the fucking times or face harming the club we are all meant to support!

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Are you saying they don't play in Europe> Four arrests against AIK last week. Now fuck off!

four arrests? oh well. send the army in.

1 minute ago, Sasa_Papac_No1_Fan said:

They didn't though. They weren't charged with discriminatory behaviour.

6 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Sorry read it wrong it was the hour before and after the game we could be heard singing the song. 

:thumbup:

I think my post still stands mate, did he or other Rangers people inform the fans that the hour before and after if in the ground means we can be done in that time frame ?

Archived