2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Which group was a sign proclaiming 'Rodgers at Work' discriminatory against? I can totally see why it would be offensive given the connotations but it's not anti- any of the protected categories.

It was next to a figure dressed in IRA uniform . That is pretty clear cut what the intention. It was clearly a pro-IRA display. 

2FE98EBE-C6AC-41BA-8C24-2E6E6CB45B4B.jpeg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes actually, that's the point 😂

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/no-singing-rule-britannia-please-were-british-182456.html%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwiogZC4lqjkAhWIiVwKHc4lCRgQFjABegQIEBAI&usg=AOvVaw3uHBx_NzFS8rLxWCzvzeFa&ampcf=1

It's been deemed militaristic by some, which in turns is offensive to those our British military encountered and defeated. Can you see where this is going......?

"by some" is the key words there.

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Which group was a sign proclaiming 'Rodgers at Work' discriminatory against? I can totally see why it would be offensive given the connotations but it's not anti- any of the protected categories.

I've always found it weird that you're not allowed to be critical of a religion.  Discriminating against a person or group  because of a religion is one thing, but criticising it?  Come on, some of the practices and actions carried out in the name of religion are often, to those not of that religion, abhorrent.  So why should people not be allowed to be critical or voice displeasure?  No different to a political party in my view. 

Always baffled me.

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

I've always found it weird that you're not allowed to be critical of a religion.  Discriminating against a person or group  because of a religion is one thing, but criticising it?  Come on, some of the practices and actions carried out in the name of religion are often, to those not of that religion, abhorrent.  So why should people not be allowed to be critical or voice displeasure?  No different to a political party in my view. 

Always baffled me.

People are allowed to be critical of religion. It's quote a common thing now.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

And that's still not covered by article 14.

I think an argument can be made that pro IRA equates to anti Protestant and that it probably should be covered under 14.

UEFA don't seem to agree.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

And that's still not covered by article 14.

So if the Rangers fans who are indulging in "sectarian/racists chants and songs"  switched the singing and chanting to support unionist paramilitary chants and songs we'll be fine apart from the odd fine?

That makes great fuckin sense!  :dunno::lol:

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

So if the Rangers fans who are indulging in "sectarian/racists chants and songs"  switched the singing and chanting to support unionist paramilitary chants and songs we'll be fine apart from the odd fine?

It's lunacy, but we would most likely be charged under the pro political stuff rather than the discimination stuff ( which carries the heavier punishments) if we did as you say.

It's how those bastards have managaed to avoid being charged under atricle 14.

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

Nobody has said you can’t slag them off.

Slagging someone is entirely different to signing sectarian songs surely.

What do want to sing at them?? 

“You've got a big nose and a ugly face” 

Calling someone a Fenian isn’t sectarian especially if they identify as a Fenian. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

People are allowed to be critical of religion. It's quote a common thing now.

Critical and voice displeasure.   In some circumstances, it seems not to be so. 

I'm not advocating a free for all, quite the opposite, in fact, I wish it didn't happen,  but I do find the whole thing entirely  immature, tedious and hypocritical.   

4 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Don’t remember any fines for Men Behind The Wire tbf

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

AFAIK UEFA have never punished us for singing WATP or Rule Britannia.

What evidence do you have that UEFA want us to stop singing either of those things?

They never used to bother with Fenian either. 

I give it 3 years before WATP is termed sectarian, should take about that long of the Fenians lobbying the halls of UEFA. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I give it 3 years before WATP is termed sectarian, should take about that long of the Fenians lobbying the halls of UEFA. 

I agree, but times are changing whether we like it or not.

We can either move with them, or be left behind.  

I hate all the PC stuff, but understand that to a point, I have to live with it.

i love my club,sung all the songs that was going on

but if its going to hurt our club i will still sing our

songs but miss out all the words that offend some

people,if we dont we will be banned,every we go

i know its shit,but it has to be done.😭.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No it’ll depend on how we are doing as a club. If the fenians have strolled to 11-12 in a row it won’t matter, just like fenian won’t again.

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think an argument can be made that pro IRA equates to anti Protestant and that it probably should be covered under 14.

UEFA don't seem to agree.

It's long established that it won't be though so it's pissing into the wind. They've dealt with several instances of chanting about paramliltary groups (by us, celtic and linfield iirc) by citing them all as 'illicit' chanting/banners under article 16 rather than discriminatory under 14.

15 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Critical and voice displeasure.   In some circumstances, it seems not to be so. 

I'm not advocating a free for all, quite the opposite, in fact, I wish it didn't happen,  but I do find the whole thing entirely  immature, tedious and hypocritical.   

Guess the context and manner in which that voicing displeasure takes is key. And whether a football match is the appropriate forum for it.

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What do want to sing at them?? 

“You've got a big nose and a ugly face” 

Calling someone a Fenian isn’t sectarian especially if they identify as a Fenian. 

You need to get with the times CB. You can't call them the F word anymore. Just called them a cunt. Sorted

Archived