2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Show me in those where “fenian” has been clearly stated as a naughty/sectarian/racist word since 2006?

Which other word/phrase in 'The Billy Boys' could be construed as sectarian?

Oh I know, let's look at UEFA's decision in 2014 to punish Ajax for a banner calling them 'Fenian Bastards'. Conveniently, it also references a previous 2011 decision to punish Rangers for use of the 'racist chant' 'we hate celtic fenian bastards' from 'Super Rangers'.

image.thumb.png.749c941389c38704774fc72f4984de11.pngimage.thumb.png.9e178aa089e1ba3c0f05023469cbf3b6.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rfc_watp said:

Reads to me that the board are conceding that the word fenian means Catholic when it doesn't, hence the offends our staff and players bit.

Same with Barry Ferguson in his column the other day...how about sticking your head above the parapet and use your platform to challenge people's perceptions of the word and state it's true meaning instead of sticking the boot into the support you appeasing handwringer.

The only person who conducted himself with dignity in this 'sectarian shame' is Stevie G when he got asked about parkheed calling him an orange bastard - he said it was just songs and it didn't bother him. Yet you have Steve Clarke nearly in tears. Now we have our own board and former captain slating the support for using a word in which the meaning has been twisted to suit their bitterness.

Which is?

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm confused as to why you think I can offer any explanation on a decision made by UEFA.

Or why I give a fuck about anything the taigs do.

Most of us don't, however I think that has also been a massive failing on our behalf and has eventually led to what we see today with them freely able to do what they like with minimal repercussions while all along they can report and complain about us freely with no challenge

Just now, OhW said:

Same to you. 

I'm not really sure you had one. You seem surprised that some posters aren't on here every waking moment. I'm on here far less than I used to be and tbh, it's not really a surprise it's noticeable at times there are pretty big stories out about us rather than when fuck all's going on.

3 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Reads to me that the board are conceding that the word fenian means Catholic when it doesn't, hence the offends our staff and players bit.

Same with Barry Ferguson in his column the other day...how about sticking your head above the parapet and use your platform to challenge people's perceptions of the word and state it's true meaning instead of sticking the boot into the support you appeasing handwringer.

The only person who conducted himself with dignity in this 'sectarian shame' is Stevie G when he got asked about parkheed calling him an orange bastard - he said it was just songs and it didn't bother him. Yet you have Steve Clarke nearly in tears. Now we have our own board and former captain slating the support for using a word in which the meaning has been twisted to suit their bitterness.

Any reason why you left out Derek mccinnes?? After all was he not sent off during a game for pointing out the sectarian abuse he was receiving during the game. Likewise kris Boyd 

Amazing how so many of our support don't highlight these issues but constantly go on about Clarke 

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm confused as to why you think I can offer any explanation on a decision made by UEFA.

Or why I give a fuck about anything the taigs do.

You are moaning at our fans feeling as if there is a campaign against us. We broke the rules I get that but they have broken the same rules as us and not even been charged or been charged under a different article. 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Any reason why you left out Derek mccinnes?? After all was he not sent off during a game for pointing out the sectarian abuse he was receiving during the game. Likewise kris Boyd 

Amazing how so many of our support don't highlight these issues but constantly go on about Clarke 

No particular reason I left him out, I also left out Neil Lennon. The contrast I was showing was between how Steven Gerrard and Steve Clarke handled it, and the difference in the offendedness of the general public and media.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Would you be happy to get arrested for something and the guy across the road doing the same but worse gets off with it. 

If you were warned beforehand that you would be arrested for doing something would you still do it?

UEFA are notoriously inconsistent with their punishments. Nicklas Bendtner was fined 5 times more money for showing an "unauthorised sponsor" on his boxers than Porto were for racism from their fans. In fact I can give examples of 3 different clubs/organisations being fined for racism and they've all been fined different amounts.

The fact is we've been warned not to sing songs or face punishment. Continuing to sing them and using the excuse that the taigs get away with doing worse is idiotic.

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No, they haven’t called the Board out on the shambles they have made of this. 

When the loyalist tunes get belted out and the Fenians spit the dummy out, I will be back to say I told you so. 👍👍

You got the answer regarding what to sing   Which is what you’ve been asking all day. 

👍👍

I hate the hypocrisy of all this with a fucking passion, but it’s crucial to box clever here.

It boils down to this at this moment in time: we know what songs have been cited, so if we belt them out we cut our own throats.

Like it or not, everything else right now is irrelevant. Obviously their agenda won’t end if we comply, but that’s a batlle to continue on the side; this one massive, immediate issue has only a single answer. Tbh I am not holding out a lot of hope that it  will happen as a lot of us are that pissed off over it and everything else tied to it, but if we don’t comply we’re fucked - it’s that simple.

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Never happened mate and anyway it’s not sectarian to call someone an Orange bastard or so the Fenians say anyway so it must be right. 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If you were warned beforehand that you would be arrested for doing something would you still do it?

UEFA are notoriously inconsistent with their punishments. Nicklas Bendtner was fined 5 times more money for showing an "unauthorised sponsor" on his boxers than Porto were for racism from their fans. In fact I can give examples of 3 different clubs/organisations being fined for racism and they've all been fined different amounts.

The fact is we've been warned not to sing songs or face punishment. Continuing to sing them and using the excuse that the taigs get away with doing worse is idiotic.

We were never warned though. 

So yes or no, the guy gets off for the same as you get a nice stretch in jail?? 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Never happened mate and anyway it’s not sectarian to call someone an Orange bastard or so the Fenians say anyway so it must be right. 

That's exactly why we should always be highlighting these and ignoring Clarke etc. They have been doing it for years and it's worked for them we should start doing the same. 

Also Barry Ferguson mentioned Parma in his column and how good the atmosphere was and how it would be a shame if we were closed for a European game and we should recreate the atmosphere etc. Aye Barry and what were the fans singing that night...the same fuckin songs that are banned, you didn't fuckin go on your high horse then about it then :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, delparlane said:

I hate the hypocrisy of all this with a fucking passion, but it’s crucial to box clever here.

It boils down to this at this moment in time: we know what songs have been cited, so if we belt them out we cut our own throats.

Like it or not, everything else right now is irrelevant. Obviously their agenda won’t end if we comply, but that’s a batlle to continue on the side; this one massive, immediate issue has only a single answer. Tbh I am not holding out a lot of hope that it  will happen as a lot of us are that pissed off over it and everything else tied to it, but if we don’t comply we’re fucked - it’s that simple.

No one is singing TBB on Thursday mate or any other Euro game. 

I’m sure they will find something else to report us for though, and I’m sure the usual crew will be along to apologise to everyone who has pointed that out to them. 

Archived