Gerrard bottled it

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They lost at home to Aberdeen in May 2018 in last game of the season in the league to let Aberdeen finish ahead of us l in second. 

Oh aye :lol: 

Anyway the point stands, I cannot see them dropping more points than us for the rest of the season. It looks like it would need to be an away game, and they’ve just taken 3 points and a clean sheet in their hardest away game, without breaking a sweat.

If we stick to our formation I would like to see Morelos as the inside forward off Defoe. He's built to do that job well. He hunts wide naturally and occupies the back line. At the same time he bullies his way back into the box and they are scared to tackle him. 

38 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

If we stick to our formation I would like to see Morelos as the inside forward off Defoe. He's built to do that job well. He hunts wide naturally and occupies the back line. At the same time he bullies his way back into the box and they are scared to tackle him. 

There’s panicking then there’s really really panicking 

In the cold hard light of the morning, and I still feel the same. It seems obvious in hindsight, but everyone around me was saying it when the team was announced. That team has no width and there is no out ball.

That coupled with the inexperience of Aribo and Ojo (when he come on), meant it would be hard for us to make an impact on the game. But to compound things, we seemed to double down and play defensively and sat of them, allowing them to press us. All of this clear in the first 10minutes, and although the change at halftime helped slightly, we should have changed in the 1st half. Jones and Morelos on earlier and we might have stood a chance.

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

When Kamara came off an Aribo dropped back I wanted to see Morelos up with Defoe. I'm not talking about putting him on the touchline. 

Try something we’ve only done once or twice before and that didn’t work then? 

Sounds like something Gerrard might do in a huge game tbf. 

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Try something we’ve only done once or twice before and that didn’t work then? 

Sounds like something Gerrard might do in a huge game tbf. 

Don't believe we've tried them together in a 3 at all. Should have been tried preseason

His comments to the team after losing to a rank rotten pape side.

Look we have done extremely well to get into this position to get neck and neck before a ball is kicked.

A million miles away from the words that would have came out of the mouths of Smith , Souness and Jock Wallace.......

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

His comments to the team after losing to a rank rotten pape side.

Look we have done extremely well to get into this position to get neck and neck before a ball is kicked.

A million miles away from the words that would have came out of the mouths of Smith , Souness and Jock Wallace.......

My sentiments entirely. He needs to learn when to keep the powder dry. It was pretty cringeworthy.

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

Oh aye :lol: 

Anyway the point stands, I cannot see them dropping more points than us for the rest of the season. It looks like it would need to be an away game, and they’ve just taken 3 points and a clean sheet in their hardest away game, without breaking a sweat.

they won't drop more points than us. not a fucking chance we are going to win this league, we have cemented ourselves as best of the rest but we are still miles away from challenging for the title. 

what surprises me about this is the absolute apathy shown towards the current situation by the rest of the teams involved in scottish football. nobody seems to really care about them dominating the league for the foreseeable future while they seem hell bent on denigrating our achievements. when we were winning 9 in a row or even as recently as Walter's return, it spurred on an absolute hatred towards us from every other club in the land. the same doesn't seem to be true of this mob and clubs seem happy to play in a league where there could realistically be no challenge for the title for years to come. can't remember what manager it was that said last season that "celtic isn't their fight", turning up to games acknowledging that they are already pumped before a ball is even kicked. 

we have to rely on the scum dropping points against the other shit in the league which just won't happen with sufficient regularity to ensure that we can capitalise and go clear at the top. 

absolute fantasy dreamland shit thinking that we have a chance of the title. we just do not. a £9m striker scores with his first attempt, that's the difference and like it or not they are just fucking better than us, which is depressing because large elements of their team are total muck.

bizarre and frustrating situation but having a penniless board patching together this squad of misfits isn't helping. the transfer budget is fucking abysmal. we are fucked.