Gerrard bottled it

KeyserSoze

No time to read the rest of the replies. Gerrard got it wrong today, simple as. Why the fuck put Morelos and jones on the bench when they’d have been buzzing after Thursday is anyone’s guess??!! Fucking pissed aff like every other bear but we’ll carry on. The biggest worry is what other shitey team in this league will take points aff the inbred bastards?? Should’ve laid down a marker today as they are shite! Chance missed today big time. Still no medals handed out in September. Mon the gers 🇬🇧 

Line up and formation definitely never helped. However, i think we could have changed one or two players for others etc but not sure it would have made a huge difference to the result today

Very few, if any of our players came out on top in their personal duels today. They just seemed to want it more, not sure if being favourites affected us or motivated them but they suffocated us and we had no answer to it. They done to us what we did to them the last 2 games at Ibrox.

Maybe our players will start to realise that they have to be battle for every inch in this title race. Still a long way to go but bitterly disappointing with performance today.

I really like Gerrard but I agree. Today actually really puzzled me. There were times last season he made weird decisions that you put down to inexperience but today was crazy. His team selection was way off and he should have tried to change it a lot sooner. We may only be 4 games in but come the end of the season today was a 6 pointer 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Two shite full backs who have never played in an OF game and we played with no wingers. Made no sense.

It’s not even that they’ve not won an old firm, that left back has been slaughtered since he arrived and we never attempted to even test him.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Changed a winning team, played players out of position, starting players short of match practice and unsettled our best player who was probably the most confident man at Ibrox today. 

Ring any bells? January? Killie away? Has he just ignored past failures? Well done Steven, once again you’ve completely fucked our momentum. 

None of the issues from last season have been solved. 

Chasing in September, he needs to turn this round or its going to be a long season. 

Football is a simple game made complicated by coaches said Brian Clough, the answer against these patchwork papes was staring every one of us in the face, the management seemed to think otherwise and proceeded to fuck it right up with us gaining no momentum at all, it was a bad day.

5 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Didn’t bottle it just made an absolute cunt of it.

Jones played the ball to Buffalo on Thursday to get the win. Two of them would have been buzzin why not start them?

Leaving them on the bench was crazy and to bring ojo on before Jones was even worse.

Yeah my thoughts too. Tried to be cleverer than the situation needed in terms of team selection and tactics. Fucked it rather than picking best players, form players, and targeting their weaknesses. Played into their hands by over complicating it rather than just replicating what got us wins before.

Gaffer got caught up in the hype and myths of the game,  the old you need to win the battle then worry about the game , if he would have trusted our midfield to go man for man and played wingers , we would have run over them like we did last season , still raging with him 

18 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

Still absolutely spewing with that starting XI.

Must've caused all of sixty seconds of confusion in the away dressing room before the laughing began.

Scunnered.

Played right into their hands with that 11 today. 

You push high, press on them and they struggle to cope. 

We didn't do that today and we got punished for it. 

22 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Big fan of SG but for the first time he will have to admit that management fucked this up big style.  

He has had an easy ride so far and deservedly so because he has turned us round in jig time, but that line up and formation today was just plain stupid and the result and limp fuck up of a display proves that, he is a smart guy but why he went down the hold route rather than the one that won both games last season defies belief.

I don't understand Gerrard/the management teams thinking in not playing Morelos. It appears our line up today was influenced too much by focussing on what celtic might do and trying to nulify it. Can we go to their place and win this season? Not on this evidence.  We have a run of 4 games now which should be wins (on paper), including Aberdeen at home, until Hearts away which we still should win but could be tricky. Any dropped points, even at this stage will be costlt - we absolutely cannot be going into the next old firm more than 3pts behind. Now that we're in the europa league group stages the league has to be top priority, not equal priority. 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

And another thing . I had no time for SG hanging Jones to  dry in after match interview . With seconds to go , it meant very little

Saying , he would find it very hard to get back into team . It was a nothing incident , only frustration

Is this SG trying to appear all honest and curry favour with his friends in media .

He should have just left it . Not been a good day for our Manager in my book

Didn't watch it, but totally agree.

That should never have been said. Rather fucking hypocritical when Morelos got sent of 5 times last season and walked back in except for his last one.

With that fucking attitude he'll end up losing the dressing room and with any more tactics and team selections like today we can forget winning anything.

Pretty fucking disappoined in him and he needs to start recognising and doing something about his own faults.  

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

And another thing . I had no time for SG hanging Jones to  dry in after match interview . With seconds to go , it meant very little

Saying , he would find it very hard to get back into team . It was a nothing incident , only frustration

Is this SG trying to appear all honest and curry favour with his friends in media .

He should have just left it . Not been a good day for our Manager in my book

Yup agreed. El buff has gotten away with fuckin murder under Gerrard. Reeks of double standards. 

Just now, Lerry1971 said:

Yup agreed. El buff has gotten away with fuckin murder under Gerrard. Reeks of double standards. 

No it doesn’t. Morelos sat out a couple of games until the last game of the season, and even then was slaughtered by Gerrard and think he might have got fined

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

No it doesn’t. Morelos sat out a couple of games until the last game of the season, and even then was slaughtered by Gerrard and think he might have got fined

He's virtually said it's mighty difficult for Jones to get back in the side. He didn't say it with him. Not that I can recall.