Tavernier

rabc10000

2 minutes ago, bornabear said:

I've  been saying he's not as good as some folk think for weeks now and got pelters for it.

Thank fuck more folk can see it now.

I gave up criticising Tav a long time ago as its just not worth getting into the same debate with his cult following everytime, give it time you will too.

4 minutes ago, Coop said:

His game is good against the pish sides who park the bus but not so much when there's pressure in the opposite direction.  Any full back would look good if the team they're playing against sits back for 90 minutes.

Aye ok, do you think anycunt would have the returns he does in assists and goals ? Honestly ha ha fucking makes me laugh man. 

6 minutes ago, Coop said:

His game is good against the pish sides who park the bus but not so much when there's pressure in the opposite direction.  Any full back would look good if the team they're playing against sits back for 90 minutes.

Then why can't the three we've used on the other side of pitch manage to do it?

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

Aye ok, do you think anycunt would have the returns he does in assists and goals ? Honestly ha ha fucking makes me laugh man. 

Probably not because he takes the penalties.  But I say it again, any team that parks two buses against us, our full backs have nothing to do but get beyond our wingers and fire in crosses, no wonder he's going to have loads of assists.  If we're set up so that the left back and two centre backs stay back while Tav has freedom to get beyond, then he's going to have loads of balls into the box.

Just now, Coop said:

Probably not because he takes the penalties.  But I say it again, any team that parks two buses against us, our full backs have nothing to do but get beyond our wingers and fire in crosses, no wonder he's going to have loads of assists.  If we're set up so that the left back and two centre backs stay back while Tav has freedom to get beyond, then he's going to have loads of balls into the box.

I’ll just give up now as there is literally no point in taking to you. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Then why can't the three we've used on the other side of pitch manage to do it?

Because one side is asked to stay back and babysit the centre backs.  You're not going to get both full baks up by the oppositions 18 yard box the full game.  Tav probably has priority from Gerrard to do that role.

It was like the filth, Tierney would attack up the flank all game while Lustg sat back and babysat.

23 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

It’ll be a sad day when Tav leaves and everycunt that moans like fuck about him every fucking week then realised what he brings to the team. Absolutely amazing the shite he gets when as a team we don’t perform well. 

Naw, he's getting shite because he was shite and has been snce his return.

Plenty of others getting it tight on the other threads, but that's ok because it isn't Tav.

Gives you the fucking boak the Tav arse liking threads we used to see every week every time he gave an assist and it says everything when there hasn't been any since we started  back and I thank God for that small mercy

Just now, Coop said:

Because one side is asked to stay back and babysit the centre backs.  You're not going to get both full baks up by the oppositions 18 yard box the full game.  Tav probably has priority from Gerrard to do that role.

It was like the filth, Tierney would attack up the flank all game while Lustg sat back and babysat.

😂

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Obviously the teams don’t sit in for 90 minutes on that side. Tav is shite lets sell him as he’s easy replaced. 

No, obviously the manager doesn't say to BOTH fullbacks, "park your arses on the oppositions 18 yard box".

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Naw, he's getting shite because he was shite and has been snce his return.

Plenty of others getting it tight on the other threads, but that's ok because it isn't Tav.

Gives you the fucking boak the Tav arse liking threads we used to see every week every time he gave an assist and it says everything when there hasn't been any since we started after back and I thank God for that small mercy

I don’t lick his arrest and you know I don’t, when he’s shite I’ll say, just like every other player but fuck me he’s not the main cause of our poor display the day. 

Just now, Coop said:

Typically, one is asked to sit when Flanagan plays. Halliday and Barisic are given far more freedom to push forward with the central midfielder  then dropping deep to fill the gap left by the full-back going forward and then the likes of Arfield moving inside to take the space in midfield.

I don’t lick his arrest and you know I don’t, when he’s shite I’ll say, just like every other player but fuck me he’s not the main cause of our poor display the day. 

I agree with this.  The main fault was the managers selection and the lack of intensity from the players out there but probably mainly the manager.  We needed width to attack their fullbacks.

Just now, The Dude said:

Typically, one is asked to sit when Flanagan plays. Halliday and Barisic are given far more freedom to push forward with the central midfielder  then dropping deep to fill the gap left by the full-back going forward and then the likes of Arfield moving inside to take the space in midfield.

How many games has Tav played at right back and who has played anything like as much at left back?

1 minute ago, Coop said:

No, obviously the manager doesn't say to BOTH fullbacks, "park your arses on the oppositions 18 yard box".

No most managers worth anything will say to both full backs, go forward when the opportunity is there, sit in when it isn’t, not one cunt run into the opposition half all the time while the other doesn’t leave his half to protect the centre backs. I’ve never heard something so stupid 

No most managers worth anything will say to both full backs, go forward when the opportunity is there, sit in when it isn’t, not one cunt run into the opposition half all the time while the other doesn’t leave his half to protect the centre backs. I’ve never heard something so stupid 

Or you pick the one who has the best delivery/shot to do most of that.  I'm not saying 100% of the attacks but he does the most which tells me that's the managers instructions.

5 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

No one said he was the main cause. He was just shite like a few others. The only difference is, his easily offended fan club put him in an ivory tower like he's something special. Well if he is, then Ruth Davidson is certainly batting for the wrong side.

11 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

I gave up criticising Tav a long time ago as its just not worth getting into the same debate with his cult following everytime, give it time you will too.

I know what you mean mate, they even complain about this thread, you know, the same ones who start or comment on threads about other players.

You could not make it up.

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

Or you pick the one who has the best delivery/shot to do most of that.  I'm not saying 100% of the attacks but he does the most which tells me that's the managers instructions.

Or perhaps that’s just because the majority of the play happens to come from that side? Or the fact the other side doesn’t offer as much attacking thresh as he does ?