Tavernier

rabc10000

I think Tavs is one of our best players. Started the season very well but underperformed today. 

4 out of 10 performance  from your captain at home in a derby match is never good.

His first poor game of the season though (and he will know that)  and hopefully his last. 

Tav was really poor today, but some.of the blame needs to go to Gerrard on this. They doubled up on him all game. Was evident early on, and us playing two central players wide meant he had no support. 

Not excusing a bad performance from him, but he had no help on that side.

3 hours ago, teddybear1975 said:

Lets be honest Tav for whatever reason is half the player he was last season. Him and Arfield have hardly kicked a ball for us this season.

We have had a better start this season than last season  in every competition imo. Tavs has played well in all but one of those games.

You are on the wind up, steaming or fishing/all of them.

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We have had a better start this season than last season  in every competition imo. Tavs has played well in all but one of those games.

You're obviously well pished in that case.

15 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Tav was really poor today, but some.of the blame needs to go to Gerrard on this. They doubled up on him all game. Was evident early on, and us playing two central players wide meant he had no support. 

Not excusing a bad performance from him, but he had no help on that side.

Don't think so mate. He's been poor since the start of the season. Not as bad as today mind you, but the scum do tend to exploit him.

Gerrard did pick the wrong starting line up and tactics, bt it is still no excuse. Some have said he lacks poor awareness and positioning, but I say he s actually hiding.

I don't see the passion. I see an ordinary player living on a reputation that was never deserved and t is now time to deliver and he isn't up to the mark.

Sure, he's been a good servant, but that's where it ends. 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

None of those three, imo both these players are performing nowhere near the level they were last season. Tav just doesn't look as composed on the ball to me. Arfield is a yard short and his touch has deserted him. By the way I like both players they are just not doing enough for me.

21 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

None of those three, imo both these players are performing nowhere near the level they were last season. Tav just doesn't look as composed on the ball to me. Arfield is a yard short and his touch has deserted him. By the way I like both players they are just not doing enough for me.

We are talking about Tavs not Arfield. It's in the thread title  mate.

On that basis of he doesn't do it for you fair enough. He has improved. Not the defensive bomb-scare he once was for starters. 

Even if you think he was shite last season you have to admit he is less shite this season. 

He is improving. 

25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Don't think so mate. He's been poor since the start of the season. Not as bad as today mind you, but the scum do tend to exploit him.

Gerrard did pick the wrong starting line up and tactics, bt it is still no excuse. Some have said he lacks poor awareness and positioning, but I say he s actually hiding.

I don't see the passion. I see an ordinary player living on a reputation that was never deserved and t is now time to deliver and he isn't up to the mark.

Sure, he's been a good servant, but that's where it ends. 

Even my mum was saying all he was doing was mouthing off at other players and not doing anything. 

I'm not sure the extra help would have made a massive difference as we were poor all over the pitch, but Aribo was so out of his comfort zone on that side. 

Absolutely right though, he hasn't been up to standard so far this season and we may have seen the best he can offer. It was all one pace today and no ideas.

7 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

I never said that at all, but being honest as the captain he should have shown some leadership and attempted to get a hold of the game. 

Said before and say again unless he's having a purple patch and assiting almost every game he's a liability

Not seen the goals back yet, but they both seemed to come through his area of the pitch.

Although Agent Goldson didn’t help him with his ‘assist’ for the first.

On 01/09/2019 at 17:46, King Jela said:

What are you talking about? Arfield was given given the exact same position and role as last time today. 

Exactly how I saw the 2 games to , Arfield wasn’t playing the same roll he was 2v0 to us ibrox , absolutely no danger 

E7E25F05-E975-451D-899F-0B76E4280BC5.jpeg

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

I'm admittedly on little sleep and this looks like shitty FM analysis but this looked like the differences between the game in May and yesterday as far as I can see:

lineup.png

lineup (1).png

That second one just looks nuts. Surely even once pinned onto the tactics boards they must have thought ehh fucked up here.

16 minutes ago, Marky. said:

That second one just looks nuts. Surely even once pinned onto the tactics boards they must have thought ehh fucked up here.

When you see it like that what the fuck was the manager thinking setting us up like that in a scum game complete and utter madness.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Exactly how I saw the 2 games to , Arfield wasn’t playing the same roll he was 2v0 to us ibrox , absolutely no danger 

E7E25F05-E975-451D-899F-0B76E4280BC5.jpeg

If you saw Steven Davis playing on the right in the 2-0 game in May then I’m sorry but you are fucking mental. 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

If you saw Steven Davis playing on the right in the 2-0 game in May then I’m sorry but you are fucking mental. 

It’s baffling that people think that. The formation then and yesterday was the exact same, as it has been since after the 2-1 at Parkhead

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s baffling that people think that. The formation then and yesterday was the exact same, as it has been since after the 2-1 at Parkhead

:lol: I just don’t know what people watch sometimes. They’ll be telling us Defoe plays in midfield and Ryan Jack up front next 

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

:lol: I just don’t know what people watch sometimes. They’ll be telling us Defoe plays in midfield and Ryan Jack up front next 

I get different opinions on a player’s performance, look at the slagging I took yesterday 😂, but on a formation or position is daft

As I said on the other thread, Tav needs a link man in front of him. Currently he's isolated and trying to do it on his own and his all round game is suffering and leaving us vulnerable. He had that telepathic partnership with Candieas and it was most productive. If Gerrard wants same and the best from him, then he needs to set up better to sort it. The Candieas role hasn't been replaced and I don't know who could fill it.

The left side isn't much better with three very different LB's and Jones only getting cameo appearances but the arrival of Kent should help sort that. From the post match, looks like Flano will be the man, for a while anyway, so he defends, whilst we stil have Tav attacking down the right. Don't know, but the balance just isn't right for me.

For me we need a settled formation/shape and a settled way of playing, so that everyone knows their role that it becomes second nature and let the oppo worry about us and not the other way round.  It should be one player out and another in to slot into the system. We have all the right ingredients. The tinkering shite needs to stop and we should have better belief and fear no one and there is no need to try and outsmart a moron like yellow fang and his rank team.

2 hours ago, Marky. said:

Reminds me of how Milan used to line up. Think it’s called the Christmas Tree formation. They would have Pirlo at the base dictating the pace of the game Ambrosini and Gattuso as destroyers in the middle and then Seedorf and Kaka playing off of Shevchenko. Let’s just hope the next time Beale wants to experiment like that though he does it on his football manager save and not in a game against them.