2nd half

sausagetrunks

We were absolutely superb for most of the 2nd half.We played  some of our best football in years for long spells in the 2nd period.

Think we have a real chance of qualifying from what is a very difficult group - which would be some achievement. 

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

We were absolutely superb for most of the 2nd half.We played  some of our best football in years for long spells in the 2nd period.

Think we have a real chance of qualifying from what is a very difficult group - which would be some achievement. 

If we play as we did in the 2nd half and with full ibrox behind the squad. I think we can get 2 home wins to send us through

I honestly don't think there's enough being made about how we played last night. Fair enough there's plenty of acknowledgment of how good the result is, but the performance........fuck me boys. That's a CL team we've just bossed for about 50-60 minutes and not one of the also ran CL teams either. Porto went far in last years CL and were only knocked out by the eventual cup winners.

5 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I honestly don't think there's enough being made about how we played last night. Fair enough there's plenty of acknowledgment of how good the result is, but the performance........fuck me boys. That's a CL team we've just bossed for about 50-60 minutes and not one of the also ran CL teams either. Porto went far in last years CL and were only knocked out by the eventual cup winners.

imo if we took 3 points, no one could have complained.  looking back at that young boys result sickens me ffs. 

The performance really deserves a win imo but still other than Morelos chance that the goalie palmed away we never really created too much.  Around the middle and back lines we were good to watch but I think we attacked with the handbrake on in all honesty.  Still a good point after being wrote off by Charlie I’m sitting here thinking nicholas.    McGregor never had much to do bar pick the ball out and 2 top class saves.

woukd I have swapped the performance for a smash n grab win?? Possibly but playing the way have in Europe since Gerrard took over has got us more wins than any other time I can think of.

We play better when we're the underdogs, so hopefully the result last night doesn't go to the players heads and they think it's job done - we've seen complacency before from our players after good results.

I'm sure the manager will have them well drilled, but we'll still need to be at our best because Porto are more than capable of winning at Ibrox.

15 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

The performance really deserves a win imo but still other than Morelos chance that the goalie palmed away we never really created too much.  Around the middle and back lines we were good to watch but I think we attacked with the handbrake on in all honesty.  Still a good point after being wrote off by Charlie I’m sitting here thinking nicholas.    McGregor never had much to do bar pick the ball out and 2 top class saves.

woukd I have swapped the performance for a smash n grab win?? Possibly but playing the way have in Europe since Gerrard took over has got us more wins than any other time I can think of.

our midfield where outstanding in tight spaces.  bossed porto. 

16 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

I know folk don't seem to want to celebrate a draw. But it was an outstanding performance against arguably our toughest opponents for a very long time. Superb result. 

We are the only side in the group to pick anything up on the road so far. With young boys playing their two easiest games (assuming Porto on paper are the best side) should struggle to pick up another win and will probably fall outside off the 9 points needed. We are in excellent position. I’m confident that with fully fit squad we can win 2 out off last 3 and will definitely put us through 

16 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Mate I ain't getting carried away with the other night. We played well but until we can handle the pressure in the league and grind out results when things aren't going good then that's how we really should be judged. We failed at tynecastle.

Porto's home European record since the start of last season:

Porto 3 - 1 Schalke

Porto 1 - 0 Galatasary

Porto 4 - 1 Lokomotiv Moscow

Porto 3 - 1 Roma

Porto 0 -  2 Liverpool

Porto 3 - 2 Krasnodar

Porto 2 - 1 Young Boys

Porto 1 - 1 Rangers

And it was not backs to the wall. We were toe-to-toe over 90 minutes. Same possession, same shots, same quality of chances. Away from home.

We have a very, very good team wearing our shirts this season. When we learn how to turn up for every game from the start, we could be devastating.

Edit: oops, forgot Krasnodar

4 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Porto's home European record since the start of last season:

Porto 3 - 1 Schalke

Porto 1 - 0 Galatasary

Porto 4 - 1 Lokomotiv Moscow

Porto 3 - Roma 1

Porto 0 - Liverpool 2

Porto 2 - Young Boys 1

Porto 1 - 1 Rangers

And it was not backs to the wall. We were toe-to-toe over 90 minutes. Same possession, same shots, same quality of chances. Away from home.

We have a very, very good team wearing our shirts this season. When we learn how to turn up for every game from the start, we could be devastating.

Exactly we have to pull the choke out before we leave the dressing room.  We have to start flying out of the blocks.

Archived