*****Feyenoord v Rangers*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Was a draw actually a very good result? If we had beaten Feyenoord they’d be out, right? If we lose against YB there is at least a semi-safety net as if Feyenoord draw or win we are through, and they now have something to play for.

We'd be through if we'd beaten Feyenoord!

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We could have been 4 nil down at half time.

But yet folks are complaining about coming out the game 2 each.

I give up.

We started off too slow and McGregor did well, better second half gutted we didn't win it as we could have but blew it after the second goal.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Was a draw actually a very good result? If we had beaten Feyenoord they’d be out, right? If we lose against YB there is at least a semi-safety net as if Feyenoord draw or win we are through, and they now have something to play for.

Because of the Porto result a win wouldn’t have made much difference tbh. Obviously I’d rather win but the scenario of losing to YB and and Porto winning would still have put us out.

1 minute ago, The Monk said:

Because of the Porto result a win wouldn’t have made much difference tbh. Obviously I’d rather win but the scenario of losing to YB and and Porto winning would still have put us out.

We'd be on 10 points with Porto and through on head to head

4 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Are you sure? I thought a win for us tonight would have guaranteed a place in the next round?

Just now, BlueThunder said:

There were, oh, about 30 pages of permutations earlier! 😂 The point is, even had we win tonight we were guaranteed through if Porto also won.

I've realised now mate and hadn't read those pages, overlooked it would be a three way tie in the scenario mentioned.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Fucking absolutely. We head is fucked with the combinations. We were never going through if Porto won tonight. So, at least Feyenoordbhave an iron in the fire.

So if we had held on for a 2-1 We still wouldn't have been through because of the Porto win?

12 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

At fault for the first goal, caught out of position all night, decent ball for the Buffs goal and can't remember the brilliant defending your talking about 

Can't see how you blame Barisic for their 1st goal when it was a flukey og. How did you missed his diving header back to McGregor???

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

So if we had held on for a 2-1 We still wouldn't have been through because of the Porto win?

It is mad, I know, but I think we are in  a better position now! 😂

Feyenoord have something to play for in the last match, given they can go through if we win and they win.

If Porto hadn’t drawn tonight we’d already be through.

Archived