What ifs, Billy Gilmour

pcbear

What if he had held back on Chelsea he may well have been a first team fixture by now, I know he has had a few fleeting appearances for Chelsea but once their transfer ban is over the cheque book will be out again and getting anywhere near the first team will be pretty difficult for Gilmour, fair play to him for having a crack but I  can see him out on loan to some championship team soon then  seldom seen again anywhere near the first 11.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, pcbear said:

What if he had held back on Chelsea he may well have been a first team fixture by now, I know he has had a few fleeting appearances for Chelsea but once their transfer ban is over the cheque book will be out again and getting anywhere near the first team will be pretty difficult for Gilmour, fair play to him for having a crack but I  can see him out on loan to some championship team soon then  seldom seen again anywhere near the first 11.

Still very very young so a loan move seems likely but just depends on where he goes and how much he develops wherever he ends up, hopefully bulks up a bit and we make a move 😂

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

He is 18 and making the odd appearance for the Chelsea first team and is receiving rave reviews in the youths whilst earning a fair whack. 

Highly doubt he has a single regret.

I have heard we offered him more to stay than Chelsea were paying so it was not about wedge, he is a classy little player but 18 or not Chelsea will not stand still and will carry on hoovering up the best kids around and if a younger one is better he will be down the order, and once the transfer ban is lifted the ready made finished articles will be purchased.

Regrets? maybe not right at the minute but give it a season or two of nothingness then  we will see, don't tell me he is not watching the European games big scum games and not thinking that he could be slap bang in the middle of that lot.

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don’t think he’d be able to handle the “physicality” up here yet, you just know the hammer throwers would have a free pass to kick him off the park every game

Unfortunately true. Little or zero protection for technical players up here.

Kinda holds us back on the international front, any environment that allows the likes of porteus to thrive is incompatible with developing and improving the game.

8 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

'Chase the money' be set for life and all that, but if I was a Rangers youngster with that talent, i could not have left us for all the money in the world, easy to say I know, but playing for us would have been enough for me.

Same, thats why Scott Allan annoys us all so much!!

9 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Same, thats why Scott Allan annoys us all so much!!

Honestly Scott Allan rips ma pish, grew up a die hard then said he wasn't, deep down he knows he should have waited another six months, he's harmed his career big style, the boy has or had talent but now he'll never realise it and it serves him right! Stupid boy.

14 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He'd be an absolute superstar for us, technical ability is off the scale for our level and the so called hammer throwers wouldn't be able to get near him.

As has been said numerous times his move to Chelsea was fuck all about chasing the money.

You believe he wasn't chasing the money?

8 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Honestly Scott Allan rips ma pish, grew up a die hard then said he wasn't, deep down he knows he should have waited another six months, he's harmed his career big style, the boy has or had talent but now he'll never realise it and it serves him right! Stupid boy.

He got greedy and made a terrible decision. Pretty sure the guy regrets it but there's no way back for him.

Just now, Bearsden bear said:

He got greedy and made a terrible decision. Pretty sure the guy regrets it but there's no way back for him.

Listen I'm sure it hurts him like fuck, if he came out and said 'look I made a massive mistake joining the scum, I'd forgive him, he could complement what we've got but his ego would never let that happen, Hivs is his level now.

18 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

You believe he wasn't chasing the money?

I obviously don't know him or his family, but from the podcast he and his father were on, from the odd interviews in the media and from what I've read here and there from people who do know his family the move was all about what they thought gave him the best chance of being the absolute best player he can be. I've also heard we offered him more money than Chelsea but have no idea whether that's true or not.

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I obviously don't know him or his family, but from the podcast he and his father were on, from the odd interviews in the media and from what I've read here and there from people who do know his family the move was all about what they thought gave him the best chance of being the absolute best player he can be. I've also heard we offered him more money than Chelsea but have no idea whether that's true or not.

If you ask me the family seen pound signs. Fair play to the lad, and maybe going there will have pushed his career even further than staying with us, but that's still to be proven.

6 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

If you ask me the family seen pound signs. Fair play to the lad, and maybe going there will have pushed his career even further than staying with us, but that's still to be proven.

Did you watch the podcast he was on with his da? Billy (and his da, for one of them anyway) seemed sensible with his head screwed on and all out to do what he can to reach the top.

Would love to see him on loan to us, not that I see it happening.

Archived