*****Official Braga v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, McKissock said:

As bad as Katic was, I wouldn't have dropped him for this one.

Now that Edmundson is in he should stay in the squad for a sustained period. Chopping and changing helps nobody.

8 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I hope Edmundson grabs this opp with both hands, I do have the fear about this though. Katic has been good in Europe and although he's been shite since the start of the year - has at least got used to the European game. 

Thing with Edmundson now, he knows it takes one mistake to be dropped, chances are that will be on his mind and he'll be nervous and cagey, not the way you want your centre half to be tonight

1 minute ago, hooooootchy said:

Kent is our only pacey player tonight, dropping him for aribo and we'd have nothing on the break (not defending Kent, he's been awful for weeks, he's our only player with decent pace though, since I don't count ojo as a player) 

I see your point, but for me Kent gives the ball away far too often. I'd rather have seen Kent on the bench and given the chance to run at tired legs. 

Glad Katic (who I really like) has been dropped, he had a poor game on Sunday and he obviously knows that S G does not really trust him and that along with being called out after games I believe has done for his confidence. 

Let's hope we can at least get the draw that puts us through tonight. 🤞 🤞  🤞

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Huge call dropping Katic for a guy that he dropped after a dodgy performance at Hamilton.

Aribo can feel hard done by, A worldie last week and a goal on Sunday yet dropped tonight.

Its poor management imo, katic and Edmundson will both play fearing that one mistake gets you binned for god knows how long

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thing with Edmundson now, he knows it takes one mistake to be dropped, chances are that will be on his mind and he'll be nervous and cagey, not the way you want your centre half to be tonight

You have to hope the manager has given him some reassurances this won't be the case. Or at least that Edmundson has the strength of character/belief to channel it positively.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

At least Goldson does not have that problem. :pipe:

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Just highlighting the point that if both Goldson and Katic have a poor game it's only ever going to be one of them that gets dropped, it's bonkers. 

There was no comparison to the two performances on Sunday, Katic was 100% to blame for the goals conceded.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its poor management imo, katic and Edmundson will both play fearing that one mistake gets you binned for god knows how long

Players and fans alike are becoming so sensitive. Katic deserved criticism for his performance on Sunday and deserves to be dropped tonight. Buckle down, train harder, play better and you are back in the team. Just ask Borna Barisic.

Have to question what the fuck Aribo must be thinking right now, when Davis, Arfield and Kent are starting ahead of him. 

Not sure Katic being dropped is the right move, more because Edmundson is so inexperienced rather than him not deserving it. 

Big calls by Gerrard, desperately hoping they come off for us. 

Have a funny feeling we might just get a result tonight. 

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Just highlighting the point that if both Goldson and Katic have a poor game it's only ever going to be one of them that gets dropped, it's bonkers. 

Not really, Goldson is more experienced and far better. 

Bit of a target for the fans of late, while others who’ve contributed far less get a free ride. 

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Players and fans alike are becoming so sensitive. Katic deserved criticism for his performance on Sunday and deserves to be dropped tonight. Buckle down, train harder, play better and you are back in the team. Just ask Borna Barisic.

People have been saying Gerrard should be more ruthless and drop players who don’t perform and then when he does drop a player who didn’t perform - put in one of the worst individual performances of the season - then they complain about that because it isn’t a player they wanted to see dropped.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Cunt’s canny be serious about Goldson staying in, Katic has been worse and we have one other centre back. 

Aribo should be in.

Edmunson is young but a capable player who is hungry to succeed, I think he’ll do well tonight. He also has a fair turn of pace which will be a useful attribute against the Portuguese front line. I feel for Aribo, however he will come on at some point and hopefully make the impact we know he is capable of if required...

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

People have been saying Gerrard should be more ruthless and drop players who don’t perform and then when he does drop a player who didn’t perform - put in one of the worst individual performances of the season - then they complain about that because it isn’t a player they wanted to see dropped.

Again, personally speaking I don't have a problem with him being ruthless and dropping players, as long as he doesn't pick and choose which is what he's clearly been doing. 

Reverse the roles on Sunday and there is absolutely no chance Goldson is getting dropped. 

Archived