BREAKING: SPFL chief Neil Doncaster warns coronavirus outbreak could threaten entire league season

Smile

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Oh aye, if it gets that bad, then it should trump fitba etc. I'm just cynical enough to remember the fuss over Sars and the Millennium Bug and all these other catastrophes that were going to strike. 

I was to but we're way past SARS in far less time. 

Screenshot_20200303-160836_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, dougal72 said:

I was to but we're way past SARS in far less time. 

Screenshot_20200303-160836_Samsung Internet.jpg

Aye we're well past it but of those 90k infected something like 85k are in China. And of those 85k, more than half have been discharged from hospital already. 

2 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

1st death from Corona virus in the UK today.

I think if the worst came to the worst the SFA would play games behind closed doors until the tarriers have their league flag.

Thats exactly what the will do, unless players are infected, which they probably will be within that next month.

As soon it hits the actual teams, and not just the fans, this is when it comes to the point of cancelling things.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

If one catches it and recovers, can it be caught again?

Doubtful, but there are two strains of it now.

The person reported to have had it twice is more likely to have had it and not fully recovered and the symptoms have got worse again.

You can catch both strains of it though, although the new strain is the more infectious and is the one doing the rounds int his country.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Doubtful, but there are two strains of it now.

The person reported to have had it twice is more likely to have had it and not fully recovered and the symptoms have got worse again.

You can catch both strains of it though, although the new strain is the more infectious and is the one doing the rounds int his country.

Are both strains the same symptoms?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Aye we're well past it but of those 90k infected something like 85k are in China. And of those 85k, more than half have been discharged from hospital already. 

For now yes but pretty much every government is admitting they can't contain it.

36 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye both pretty much the same. One seems to transmit easier, but that about the only difference.

Its quite common for a virus to mutate quickly once it has jumped species, so not quite as scary as it may sound.

Thanks for the advice and info. I have MS and want to be prepared for what's coming.

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Thanks for the advice and info. I have MS and want to be prepare for what's coming.

On an individual basis, the risk is still really quite low, so im sure you will be absolutely fine.

Its just one of these things that when it hits the whole population, it has a big effect.

Back to the subject, in a way the chance of this happening makes the current form all the more frustrating. There is still a possibility of us holding out long enough to stop them clinching the title but we'll probably blow that as well. If the season shuts down in April and they have already won the title I'll be fucking livid.

7 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I get your point but it's not like they aren't winning this one fairly

True, but tbf if we were sitting at the top of the league with the same gap the campaign to void this seasons honours would be well underway, they have no shame...

Nothing will be voided, particularly in wee nations like ours, the bigger nations who get actual summers off have a bit of lee-way to postpone things but UEFA comps start early July and they'll want all participating clubs confirmed ASAP.

Would imagine we'll finish the season playing behind closed doors, scant consolation is when they win the title no cunt will be there to see it in person, same with the cup final, played at an empty hampden, would ve quite surreal to see tbf

8 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Nothing will be voided, particularly in wee nations like ours, the bigger nations who get actual summers off have a bit of lee-way to postpone things but UEFA comps start early July and they'll want all participating clubs confirmed ASAP.

Would imagine we'll finish the season playing behind closed doors, scant consolation is when they win the title no cunt will be there to see it in person, same with the cup final, played at an empty hampden, would ve quite surreal to see tbf

Can see them ditching the scottish cup tbh . Will do their best to finish the league. A real chance uefa comps will be put on hold next year if it really takes hold in Europe.

9 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Good point or just restrict the tickets for one set of fans .More likely 

Archived