The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mclean RFC said:

the end result is a massive financia hit globally, no point making it worse and prolonging it.

a national emergency needs to be called and people giving a chance to prepare, then we all go into isolation.

If Westminster call a state of national emergency, it could be the beginning of the end for SNP rule. Westminster will have the power to overrule Holyrood on any infrastructure that could be effected by Conronvirus, which is just about everything. There'll be nothing left for them to do.

From BBC as said above:

Posted at 13:1013:10

BREAKINGTonight's Europa League games to go ahead

Alistair Magowan

BBC Sport

Uefa saying that tonight’s Europa League games will go ahead as planned.

No news on next week’s game as yet.

19 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Anybody saying they want compensated for this when it could put the club back in financial problems hang your head in fucking shame, it’s hardly the clubs fault there’s a fucking pandemic ffs, anyone who seeks compensation for their season ticket should have it removed and someone on the waiting list will gladly take it. 

Aye, it's times like this you sort the wheat from the chaff. You find out who's more customer than fan.

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They should have a vaccine ready for later in the year. 

I’m no expert but to develop one and mass produce it by October/ November sounds almost impossible, looking at a year at best, so I suppose whatever happens now could be repeated again in 6 months, 2nd wave.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Why the fuck would any Rangers fan give a fuck about these two shity wee clubs? 

No Rangers fan, but just trying to think how would the SPFL try and get round the promotion/relegation problems. It's one solution they may consider. I woud just like most of them to go bust and the league being rolled in to a British League; that would be sweet.

Uefa statement on coronavirus: "In the light of the ongoing developments in the spread of COVID-19 across Europe and the changing analysis of the World Health Organisation, UEFA has today invited representatives of its 55 member associations, together with the boards of the European Club Association and the European Leagues and a representative of FIFPro, to attend meetings by videoconference on Tuesday 17 March to discuss European football’s response to the outbreak.

"Discussions will include all domestic and European competitions, including UEFA EURO 2020."

I wouldn’t want a refund but fully understand anyone who does, club should give people the option to be refunded or not.

Club over charged me for tickets a few years ago and I still get emails every now and again telling me to go to the ticket center to collect what they owe me. 😆

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Or who’s more skint 

Yip, no problem with folk in genuine need or who genuinely can't afford it. People that can looking for refunds need to make sure they've got their priorities right thought.

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

If Westminster call a state of national emergency, it could be the beginning of the end for SNP rule. Westminster will have the power to overrule Holyrood on any infrastructure that could be effected by Conronvirus, which is just about everything. There'll be nothing left for them to do.

Every cloud has a silver lining 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

The SFA would hand the taigs a 3-0 win on Sunday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Probably mate just want us to be proactive. If others are being told to work from home or it's to dangerous to go and watch football why are the players not being protected.

Archived