The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Having looked at the rule book and the government chat I’m 100% certain that the league will be ended in the next few weeks and current standings will be ‘end of season’ placings. Won’t be voided, and nice as that would be. 

It is probably as ‘fair’ a decision as can be made, even though it’s extremely unpalatable. 

Euro competitions are a certainty to be binned this week. 

It wouldn't be a fair decision.   The only fair decision is to null and void the season and start again next season. 

SFA would leave themselves wide open to lawsuits from clubs as well. I doubt hearts would take a relegation and revenue loss lying down.

If clubs don't like it then tough shit. Sporting integrity needs to be kept

I haven't read all of the thread but here's my take on it.

There is no way that the League will be cancelled until it is arithmetically impossible for anyone else to win the league other than everyones favourite paedophile club. The SFA and SPFL want/need the mhanks to win the league, it's the slitty eyed ones command and the only acceptable conclusion to the season for them. We shouldn't accept the fact that it's a foregone conclusion that they would win the league from here on in. The teams at the bottom fighting for their survival would probably be happy if they all stayed up but what about those teams due promotion from the Championship? They're not going to be happy playing another year down there and miss out on the blue pound etc.

It's a mess but from our perspective it would be marvelous to watch the utter meltdowns and timplosion if the league was voided

4 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

If league gets cancelled do we get a partial refund on our STs or have it deducted next season? 

Would we want it? Would likely cost the club a helluva a lot. 

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Would we want it? Would likely cost the club a helluva a lot. 

Would be down to individual. Even 50% of the remainder or something off next year. I would be a bit meh if they increased the prices put it that way. Especially after blowing money into womens football. Wonder if that contributes to the club commercially.

47 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

If league gets cancelled do we get a partial refund on our STs or have it deducted next season? 

I'd be happy with some for of credit for next seasons. Tbh, doubt we'd get even that, think it would just get retained by the club or ST holders would get a free friendly or something.

How long does this virus last if you "self isolate" and our govt decides to put is in a contain stage? Limiting social contact as they say? Does the virus die off?  How long is it transferable? Or is everyone just being told to be good little rabbits and getting in their hutches ffs and the economy taking a tanking affecting our lives far worse than a week of flu symptoms. Far as i can fathom its basically a flu, that kills less people than the flu we already know of every year.

8 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

I haven't read all of the thread but here's my take on it.

There is no way that the League will be cancelled until it is arithmetically impossible for anyone else to win the league other than everyones favourite paedophile club. The SFA and SPFL want/need the mhanks to win the league, it's the slitty eyed ones command and the only acceptable conclusion to the season for them. We shouldn't accept the fact that it's a foregone conclusion that they would win the league from here on in. The teams at the bottom fighting for their survival would probably be happy if they all stayed up but what about those teams due promotion from the Championship? They're not going to be happy playing another year down there and miss out on the blue pound etc.

It's a mess but from our perspective it would be marvelous to watch the utter meltdowns and timplosion if the league was voided

Loads of other issues including European places and promotion/relegation need to be resolved too.

If the scum were mathematically uncatchable then you’d have to give it to them but that doesn’t address the umpteen other problems.

I truly believe that, if we are seeking a moral, just solution for all clubs which is the least worst option, that has to be scrap the season and start again after summer based on where we started this season with the scum on 8IAR.

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

Nothing, you suck it up.

That might be fine if there is plenty of ham at work but at end of the day you are paying for a product and the product is getting cut short. Like others have said, even a free friendly or a poke at polsters mrs cabbage would suffice.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

How is voiding the league any fairer though? 

Like abandoning a match through fog or snow.

You don’t award a win because Team A were a goal up midway through the second half when the blizzard started FFS.

10 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Would be down to individual. Even 50% of the remainder or something off next year. I would be a bit meh if they increased the prices put it that way. Especially after blowing money into womens football. Wonder if that contributes to the club commercially.

Even that would be millions to the club. 

Spent money as far as I'm concerned. A hundred quid would make little difference to me compared to the cost to the club.

Null and void seems the only plausible action, since you can’t say for any certainty what the outcomes would be. The ramifications for the relegated club could be huge and it would be in the courts in no time if the decision was to end the season early and the standings are valid at that point.

It either gets finished (most likely behind closed doors) or it gets cancelled. If one player has it then even closed doors becomes impossible. Footballers have family members young and old like the rest of us and it’s not like the players will get stored in incubators between matches. The no handshake rule is fucking daft when you consider this us a contact sport with players grabbing a hold of each other at set pieces or general play, players are sweating and then coming into contact with each other.

it depends what’s the delay phase entails and whether any clubs/players are affected

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Even that would be millions to the club. 

Spent money as far as I'm concerned. A hundred quid would make little difference to me compared to the cost to the club.

Tap me a couple hundred please 😎

6 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

That might be fine if there is plenty of ham at work but at end of the day you are paying for a product and the product is getting cut short. Like others have said, even a free friendly or a poke at polsters mrs cabbage would suffice.

Man Utd are giving fans who bought a ticket through them fir the away game in Austria £350. Each.

Our fans will get the square root of fuck all.

Archived