Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Even if Dundee were to finally submit a note vote, even within the next hour ... it won't finalise anything.

We are about a week into this 28-day period where NO votes can be changed to YES votes but not the other way around.

They'll take receipt of the NO vote and then spend next 20+ days trying to get them to change it and we have another (almost) 3-weeks of uncertainty until they get what they want because they (Dundee) have proved to be indecisive. 

Agreed in 20+ days some of the clubs could be in deep financial trouble. They should just ask for the loan option of their money.

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Ring rust mate.  Easing back into things.  I've banned two since I got back :lol:

No reports to look through though..........

Sparkle and which other new mod ?

Gogzy the Peter Lawell of RM and twice as ruthless............

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed in 20+ days some of the clubs could be in deep financial trouble. They should just ask for the loan option of their money.

The clubs that voted no, Dundee apart, will never be changing their vote. No need to worry there.

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

They did investigate the conflict of interest,but came back and said there were none 😳

Im guessing, would that of been an "internal investigation"  by any chance :)

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The clubs that voted no, Dundee apart, will never be changing their vote. No need to worry there.

Good. They don't need to change their no vote. The smaller clubs should just ask for the loan option now, instead of waiting until the time limit is up on this proposal.

Just now, GSBear said:

Im guessing, would that of been an "internal investigation"  by any chance 🙂

Probably a “secret one “ 

2 questions asked ,Peter is this McLennan character alright ,aye he’s a good Tim 

then to SFA Hoi Riley is this McLennan character alright,aye he’s a good Tim 

12 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

ByGary Ralston

13:30, 15 APR 2020

Rangers chairman Douglas Park demands SPFL's Murdoch MacLennan to refute magazine claim he 'hates' Ibrox side

The Ibrox chairman has demanded answers from the SPFL over an article in Private Eye.

Ibrox chairman Douglas Parkhas demanded Murdoch MacLennan refutes allegations of an anti-Rangers bias.

The motor tycoon has no faith in the SPFL chairman overseeing an internal investigation into the resolution controversy that has plunged the game into a bitter civil war.

Hampden sources have revealed Park, who replaced Dave Kingas Ibrox chairman last month, has written to MacLennan insisting he clarify his stance on an article in Private Eye.

The satirical magazine claimed MacLennan “hates” Rangersand has a “loathing” for the club and quoted him as saying: “Ah cannae stand the b******s”.

MacLennan, 71, has never publicly addressed the article, which appeared shortly after he took up his post on Hampden’s sixth floor in July 2017.

It’s understood Park wrote to MacLennan earlier this week, in response to a letter from the SPFL’s figurehead on Saturday night that demanded Rangers produce their evidence to justify calls to suspend Neil Doncasterand the low level paper gatherer Rod MacKenzie.

Mr Park has replied and part of his letter asks MacLennan flat out about the Private Eye article.

It’s the latest development in an increasingly rancorous battle for the heart and soul of the SPFL amid claim and counter claim over the proposal to call the leagues as the only way to release a £9 million prize pot to cash strapped clubs.

Record Sport revealed this morning the SPFL board have now sanctioned an in-house investigation over events of the past fortnight, which have led to criticism of the executive and splits between member clubs.

Rangers also remain unhappy their call for an investigation into the impartiality of MacLennan was rejected by the SPFL board in May 2018.

King raised questions over MacLennan’s suitability after he was appointed non-executive chairman of Dublin-based Independent News and Media earlier that year, a group which included celtic powerbroker Dermot Desmond among its shareholders.

MacLennan remains on their board, but Independent News and Media were sold to Belgian company Mediahus last year in a £125 million deal.

The SPFL have been contacted for comment.

Tbf, I absolutely hate the DR and have no respect for the majority of the utterly horrific sports 'journalists' that work for it.  But Gary Ralston is far from the worst out there and at least tries to take a balanced view.  So while I'm certainly not keen on them having exclusives/given too much access, there's no harm in having them propagate this news far and wide.  Especially if it makes Jackson choke on it.

Well done Donald Park and David Graham.   And make no mistake, Dave King is behind much of this action too.  We know he loves a fight but he undoubtedly knew his integrity/status was compromised, so couldn't go on the offensive before.  It's no coincidence that with him gone as chairman, we've turned our guns on them.

One thing's for sure too, SPFL board meetings must be pretty fucking interesting right now if you're Stewart Robertson.   I just hope he has the balls to sit there and stand his/our ground during them.

11 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

It is hardly just giving them a 13 point advantage - it is giving us 38 games to claw back any points difference rather than 8 (and at the same time trying to avoid the filth just being handed the title  in a few days, which is what will happen unless some other alternatives are put forward)

Madness. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

I love how we started on dungcaster and rod now just a here you ya prick what about this to the scummy bastard 

When we released that statement we weren't ever going to be just after Doncaster and McKenzie. We are after the whole lot.

1 minute ago, BearInTheToon said:

Tbf, I absolutely hate the DR and have no respect for the majority of the utterly horrific sports 'journalists' that work for it.  But Gary Ralston is far from the worst out there and at least tries to take a balanced view.  So while I'm certainly not keen on them having exclusives/given too much access, there's no harm in having them propagate this news far and wide.  Especially if it makes Jackson choke on it.

Well done Donald Park and David Graham.   And make no mistake, Dave King is behind much of this action too.  We know he loves a fight but he undoubtedly knew his integrity/status was compromised, so couldn't go on the offensive before.  It's no coincidence that with him gone as chairman, we've turned our guns on them.

One thing's for sure too, SPFL board meetings must be pretty fucking interesting right now if you're Stewart Robertson.   I just hope he has the balls to sit there and stand his/our ground during them.

No issue with Gary but we should not be giving them hits regardless of writers.

I went to school with Gary.

Just now, BearInTheToon said:

We gave him, specifically him, a little bit of what was said in the letter for a reason.

Every step we are taking so far is for a reason.

We forced the resignation of our vice chairman for singing a song by outside sources but the guys running Scottish football can jump about openly talking of their hatred for the biggest team in the country.  No chance time to fight this and get rid of these Rangers hating charlatans.

Archived