Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

7 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

How the fuck does it have to be 50% of clubs for investigation. Who made that rule? Was this just made up when we asked for it.

It is a vote, set at a high percentage, to safeguard a company, club etc. Any place run by a committee.

If you are, for example, a member of, say, a golf club, social club etc., you will find it in every rule book.

The procedure to call for an EGM (for whatever reason) is easy as it calls for a small percentage of members to do so, in spfl case, 3 members

The motion % is set, usually at 66% in order to pass any motion.

With a simple 51% majority, members could continually call for EGMs, thus undermining the committee who were voted in.

So a higher % rate is used to safeguard the sitting committee and let them get on with their job.

Therefore, unless there is a fuck up by the committee, or a near total revolt by the club members, the motion % will fail as it doesn't reach the required criteria numbers.

Hope that explains your concern mate.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bornabear said:

It is a vote, set at a high percentage, to safeguard a company, club etc. Any place run by a committee.

If you are, for example, a member of, say, a golf club, social club etc., you will find it in every rule book.

The procedure to call for an EGM (for whatever reason) is easy as it calls for a small percentage of members to do so, in spfl case, 3 members

With a simple 51% majority, members could continually call for EGMs, thus undermining the committee who were voted in.

So a higher % rate is used to safeguard the sitting committee and let them get on with their job.

Therefore, unless there is a fuck up by the committee, or a near total revolt by the club members, the motion % will fail as it doesn't reach the required criteria numbers.

Tbf, we've never complained about the requirement for large majorities when it's suited us. It's a known democratic format, even in politics.

2 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Aye SPFL managed to get they numbers mate to get their vote through by hook or by crook, Rangers now needing same numbers to get Independent Investigation is sadly a different story.

Unfortunately, they managed to get their vote through with false promises, bullying and deceit, while we have to try and get ours through with true facts and actual evidence of the above happening... 

Shows the corrupt little cesspit of a country we now have to put up with... 

cheers, I did not know this.

May as well stop moanin at my golf club then.

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Unfortunately, they managed to get their vote through with false promises, bullying and deceit, while we have to try and get ours through with true facts and actual evidence of the above happening... 

Shows the corrupt little cesspit of a country we now have to put up with... 

Never a Truer word said Mate 👍

All this over a simple investigation over what has happened. The massive war drums the SPFL have been banging suggests there is far more behind the scenes than even what we have asked to be looked at. There wouldn't be all this furore from SPFL headquarters if they thought there was a bigger picture that could unfurl with an independent investigation. Only Lawwell would demand such a defence I think.

27 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Well Park did talk today. But only to the Sunday papers. Tonight/tomorrow morning will be fun. Fucking hell this is just relentless 😂😂😂

Putting the full transcript on our website is a smart move, no doubt some journalists would try to twist what was said

Just now, bluenoz said:

cheers, I did not know this.

May as well stop moanin at my golf club then.

I know what you mean mate, been on committees myself.

Nobody wants to go on a committee, but moan like fuck at what the committee are doing, simply because they don't know what is going on in the background, such as finances. Folk moan, but don't have the guts to go on a committee, you'll always get it.

I always conversed with members, found out there concerns and was always open to suggestions which I took to the committee room. A consensus came in handy at times.

Always remember, unless you vote at election time, you will end up with the committee you deserve.

2 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

Putting the full transcript on our website is a smart move, no doubt some journalists would try to twist what was said

The fact this is out there now will probably make one or two (hollicom) make last minute edits to their piece about it.  Should be something out tonight around 10/11ish.

26 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Park editorial in the morning means one more spfl fuck up before the EGM because for sure they will want to get the last word in.

That is the way of the bheast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the guilty.

I know what you mean mate, been on committees myself.

Nobody wants to go on a committee, but moan like fuck at what the committee are doing, simply because they don't know what is going on in the background, such as finances. Folk moan, but don't have the guts to go on a committee, you'll always get it.

I always conversed with members, found out there concerns and was always open to suggestions which I took to the committee room. A consensus came in handy at times.

Always remember, unless you vote at election time, you will end up with the committee you deserve.

You sound like my da. I don't mean that in an age sense. He was always up to speed with that stuff.

Anyway, we will take them on in court instead where it is simply guilty or not guilty. 

4 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

That's why Trump (I know) tweets a lot.

The media in US spins everything he says, but they can't spin a tweet.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You sound like my da. I don't mean that in an age sense. He was always up to speed with that stuff.

Anyway, we will take them on in court instead where it is simply guilty or not guilty. 

I'm probably older than your da btw.

I'll just call you son from now on, without being derogatory. :whistle:

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

All this over a simple investigation over what has happened. The massive war drums the SPFL have been banging suggests there is far more behind the scenes than even what we have asked to be looked at. There wouldn't be all this furore from SPFL headquarters if they thought there was a bigger picture that could unfurl with an independent investigation. Only Lawwell would demand such a defence I think.

Which brings the question what exactly do we have here?

You ask a question knowing full well panic will set in and yet you haven't really said that much.

This whistleblower has surely provided Rangers with something that will blow the lid off of a massive corruption scandal of epic proportions.

Or is that just wishful thinking?

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Love too hear his take on the so called threats 👍

Looking forward to his take on these allegations... Always has came across as Doncaster "poor me" the victim... Wonder if he ever did report all the other supposed threats he claims happened, to the police... 

That little nugget seems to have disappeared into thin air as fast as the tarriers internal investigation into child abuse... 🤔

4 minutes ago, Canabear said:

You ask a question knowing full well panic will set in and yet you haven't really said that much.

This whistleblower has surely provided Rangers with something that will blow the lid off of a massive corruption scandal of epic proportions.

We live in hope Canabear ;-)

1 minute ago, Canabear said:

I don't think the issue is what we know, it's what we could know. Very subtle yet major difference. This whistleblower stuff we have could be a damp squid but to them it could be a fucking nuke the way they have acted. What is it they are hiding that they are so adamant they don't want it getting out? I think to the SPFL this independent investigation is a gateway to something much larger and far more damaging to the whole organisation and clubs involved.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Right. Who’s getting oot their pit at 7am to read Park’s transcript.....not me :lol:

Yeah that will definitely be me 😂 usually up at 6am regardless anyway. Will be staying up tonight to read what the papers say too.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

I don't think the issue is what we know, it's what we could know. Very subtle yet major difference. This whistleblower stuff we have could be a damp squid but to them it could be a fucking nuke the way they have acted. What is it they are hiding that they are so adamant they don't want it getting out? I think to the SPFL this independent investigation is a gateway to something much larger and far more damaging to the whole organisation and clubs involved.

The sheer escalation of panic could lead to all kinds of shit happening like say hard drives being destroyed or going missing only to find out that when an internal investigation DOES go ahead Rangers are sitting with copies of all the shit that mysteriously disappeared.

All cloak and dagger James Bond thinking i know but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Archived