The much-maligned "bridge building"

6 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Ahhh the auld "bridge building" has went well, like well a . . . bridge on fire.

i have been saying for years and i will say it again all these clubs care about is money  stop taking away tickets and fuck them in the pocket  after all this i hope hearts and Rangers refuse to take away tickets for every spl ground

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, billscott said:

i have been saying for years and i will say it again all these clubs care about is money  stop taking away tickets and fuck them in the pocket  after all this i hope hearts and Rangers refuse to take away tickets for every spl ground

I am reading there are supporters club starting to look seriously at this now and not before time, the only way to hit them looks like in the pocket and unless Rangers comes up with evidence of corruption this time to stop them in their tracks then they will continue to intimidate, harass and ride roughshod over clubs in the foreseeable future. 

3 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

I am reading there are supporters club starting to look seriously at this now and not before time, the only way to hit them looks like in the pocket and unless Rangers comes up with evidence of corruption this time to stop them in their tracks then they will continue to intimidate, harass and ride roughshod over clubs in the foreseeable future. 

it is time fans took their head out the sand and look at the bigger picture  i know they like to support the team away have a good day out get pissed etc  but this is the only way to make clubs like aberdeen hibs dundee utd etc suffer   most away games are on tv  or i am sure we could beam them back to ibrox and make a few bob there

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

A large section of the support (myself included) have slaughtered the club for the bridge building (or attempts at it) since what we've endured since 2012.

Now, whilst I understand this widespread corruption in Scottish football isn't solely our battle and responsibility, this does seem to drop at our doorstep as Scotland's biggest club and the other big hitter of the two (the other obviously being the tarriers) 

If reports are true that Hibs and Livingston want new votes, couple with statements and on-record sound bytes coming from many more teams like Hearts, Partick Thistle, Dumbarton, Inverness, Dundee (before they were got to and bribed), East Fife, Peterhead, Falkirk (there may be more, I'm unsure)

Is now the time to sense a change of tide and actually start forming proper (but fair) relationships with the rest of Scottish football to get our voice back and fairness into the game in Scotland throughout all the divisions that not only benefits us, Rangers, but everyone else too rather than the monopoly of power celtic and Lawwell seem to have in thier grip?

It obviously won't happen overnight but I could easily be persuaded if the rest of Scottish football are showing a genuine appetite to rise against this cabal and a certain teams unjust influence

EDIT - Important to say, to be clear - I'm asking if there's genuine remorse and a realisation that they have fucked it and see the influence celtic have had on our game - could we and/or should be capitalise? it's a genuine question rather than me wanting to jump into bed with teams that hate us. I am not saying they voted to award celtic a title they haven't won, let's jump into bed with them.

A lot of shite.

37 minutes ago, billscott said:

it is time fans took their head out the sand and look at the bigger picture  i know they like to support the team away have a good day out get pissed etc  but this is the only way to make clubs like aberdeen hibs dundee utd etc suffer   most away games are on tv  or i am sure we could beam them back to ibrox and make a few bob there

My thoughts exactly, beam back would be lucrative.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

It's 100% necessary to be politically savvy. To bridge build, in other words. With the right people. Obviously the sellic place men are a no go, but CEOs at most clubs are likely to be open to skillful negotiation. Most of them don't care about sellic, and most probably don't hate us the way their fans do, so back room dealing is likely quite possible. As said elsewhere, a lonesome, resentful of everyone crusade won't get us anywhere. 

This 100%  

6 hours ago, British_Empire said:

A large section of the support (myself included) have slaughtered the club for the bridge building (or attempts at it) since what we've endured since 2012.

Now, whilst I understand this widespread corruption in Scottish football isn't solely our battle and responsibility, this does seem to drop at our doorstep as Scotland's biggest club and the other big hitter of the two (the other obviously being the tarriers) 

If reports are true that Hibs and Livingston want new votes, couple with statements and on-record sound bytes coming from many more teams like Hearts, Partick Thistle, Dumbarton, Inverness, Dundee (before they were got to and bribed), East Fife, Peterhead, Falkirk (there may be more, I'm unsure)

Is now the time to sense a change of tide and actually start forming proper (but fair) relationships with the rest of Scottish football to get our voice back and fairness into the game in Scotland throughout all the divisions that not only benefits us, Rangers, but everyone else too rather than the monopoly of power celtic and Lawwell seem to have in thier grip?

It obviously won't happen overnight but I could easily be persuaded if the rest of Scottish football are showing a genuine appetite to rise against this cabal and a certain teams unjust influence

EDIT - Important to say, to be clear - I'm asking if there's genuine remorse and a realisation that they have fucked it and see the influence celtic have had on our game - could we and/or should be capitalise? it's a genuine question rather than me wanting to jump into bed with teams that hate us. I am not saying they voted to award celtic a title they haven't won, let's jump into bed with them.

All clubs are motivated by fear and greed and septic have played those cards well in getting other clubs to do their bidding. Part of this, is the amount of bile generated towards Rangers over a substained period of years. We should only look out for ourselves as building bridges with clubs who have been complicite in damaging you is folly. After this present situation has worked it's way out, then we could look at joint projects that benefit us and others but we should not forget how two faced are the clubs we are dealing with and always treat them as if they would stab us in the back at a drop of a hat.

3 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

My thoughts exactly, beam back would be lucrative.

RTV already show all away games for £7.99 an the money goes to the club all that is needed is a VPN

16 minutes ago, ZZed said:

All clubs are motivated by fear and greed and septic have played those cards well in getting other clubs to do their bidding. Part of this, is the amount of bile generated towards Rangers over a substained period of years. We should only look out for ourselves as building bridges with clubs who have been complicite in damaging you is folly. After this present situation has worked it's way out, then we could look at joint projects that benefit us and others but we should not forget how two faced are the clubs we are dealing with and always treat them as if they would stab us in the back at a drop of a hat.

That's the whole point mate. I just think something has to give and now, provided there's a wind of change we could capitalise. 

Anyway, I suppose not many agree. That's cool. At least you've actually debated it a wee bit rather than some of the pure wanker replies, so cheers.

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

That's the whole point mate. I just think something has to give and now, provided there's a wind of change we could capitalise. 

Anyway, I suppose not many agree. That's cool. At least you've actually debated it a wee bit rather than some of the pure wanker replies, so cheers.

I think that how the club goes about things and how fans want to go about things are two very diffrent things. I think the club now knows most other clubs are untrust worthy, the fans just want other clubs to die.

7 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I'm not saying they aren't cunts or they haven't not done the wrong thing.

I am asking, if there's a genuine remorse now and realisation, is it something we should consider? for our own good. 

I don't need reminding of what's went on. They've behaved appallingly. Allowed themselves to put money over sporting integrity and allowed themselves to be bullied.

It also shows the weak mentality of them that it took one man from one club in Inverness to come out then they all jump on the bandwagon.

Should we capitalise? that's what I'm asking. 

A long way to go yet mate, IMO a long way for we forgive bstds that illegally dropped us of a bridge but I see where you are coming from.

4 minutes ago, ps95v7 said:

A long way to go yet mate, IMO a long way for we forgive bstds that illegally dropped us of a bridge but I see where you are coming from.

Don't need to forgive them mate. I'll never forgive them for what they done, but I'm meaning forming a proper working relationship with them to get our power in the Scottish game back. 

8 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Don't need to forgive them mate. I'll never forgive them for what they done, but I'm meaning forming a proper working relationship with them to get our power in the Scottish game back. 

I don't disagree with you that we need political allies in what has become a dirty battlefield. I get the sense that where the disagreement is here is in the way you are proposing to make these allies.
Too often in the past, especially in 2012, we have relied on what we thought were allies only to receive rejection. Why?
You can't blame the smaller clubs for veering towards where the money is for their own survival. I suppose Reid and Liewell did a good job in convincing the majority of them that Rangers were in trouble and that they should hitch their wagon to celtic's engine. It worked for a while, but I think they have seen through the deceit in celtic's methods for a while now but have had nowhere to go.
This is where I differ in your intention of actively seeking allies. I think Mr.Park's actions are going to attract clubs who wish to reach out to him and ally themselves with Rangers. They see his strong position and the inherent sense of right from wrong in his strong stance. They have seen how he asked for them to be protected at this time and that means survival without coercion. We'll take as many allies as we can get.
I doubt any of them are kidding themselves on that Rangers are not looking after themselves here, but better a beneficent giant than a malevolent creature rotten to its core.
It's better that we have allies who want to side with us because they feel respected and are fairly treated rather than have resentment from almost all sides. Ask the east-enders about that - Rome is burning! 

19 hours ago, billscott said:

Rangers.tv show the games for a price do they not?

Alright the commentary can be annoying as fuck at times but there is always a mute button.

EDIT: I am too slow, @Zulu mentioned it first.

21 hours ago, Inigo said:

It's 100% necessary to be politically savvy. To bridge build, in other words. With the right people. Obviously the sellic place men are a no go, but CEOs at most clubs are likely to be open to skillful negotiation. Most of them don't care about sellic, and most probably don't hate us the way their fans do, so back room dealing is likely quite possible. As said elsewhere, a lonesome, resentful of everyone crusade won't get us anywhere. 

100%. Fuck all wrong with playing the game, as long as you win. 

21 hours ago, Inigo said:

Sanctimonious shite as well, they hate us and back them did 2012 teach you idiots nothing.

On 14/04/2020 at 12:00, British_Empire said:

No that's not what I said at all. 

I'm asking if there's a genuine remorse at this decision and there's an uprising against it - due to the examples I've given regarding teams feeling bullied, bribed and now even wanting a new vote, is it the time to look a productive relationship for our own good? it's a question. 

Strike while the iron is hot.

I'll maybe try dumb it down a bit for you.

There is no remorse. Every club that voted no did so because it suited their personal desire and not to support us or upset the tarriers. If the circumstances had been different every club that voted no could well have voted yes.  For example if Falkirk had beat Raith Rovers the week before the shutdown they would be 2 points ahead of Raith instead of 1 behind. In that scenario Falkirk would probably have voted yes and Raith voted no, even though their chairman is in the media saying the yes vote is the only obvious way forward. 

2 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

The bridge has been built, a fucking great flyover and we were chucked in the concrete foundations around 2012. 

This 100%,  36 out of 41 clubs fucked us over, in 2012

1ab64cc9-3d55-4b9e-8c4f-fce0e4127bbb.thumb.jpg.9fc0b5e4daadea0c1c6091a975565567b.jpg.6909ad8b1dac25bbe763a6d6e7ea3321.jpg

You build bridges from a position of power until  then the other clubs will simply tell us we aren’t the power in Scottish Football so thanks but no thanks. 
We can’t get anything done for them except give them empty promises and we know what our board are like when it comes to empty promises. 

So until we smash the Fenian cabal in Scottish Football nothing will change. 

BTW there should be fuck-all bridge building now.

When I made this thread it was predicated on these teams mentioned growing a set and waking up with a tide of change/realisation. 

That's not happened. 

The resolution has passed and not one club has so far made a statement against it (other than Budge which holds fuck-all water as she's got what she wanted out of it - to head up reconstruction) 

These teams had their chance to come out and force a new vote in light of the revelations that they don't need to vote for yesterdays resolution to get their money.

Soft as shite. 

I want now for Rangers to come out and blow the resolution to bits in court and send some of these YES voting teams to the wall.

But they won't. 

Archived