Our fans in the 80's

King Jela

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

The Inter Milan game in '84 often goes under the radar. 

3-0 down from the first leg I think there were only about 35k in Ibrox night - but what a noise there was. 

We won 3-1 on the night. That was a very strong Inter side - whilst we had the likes of Dave McKinnon, Cammy Fraser and Dave Mitchell!! 

I'll always remember that night. 

Great performance, when we lined up at kick off I couldn't believe John Mc Clelland was playing up front, we had every intention of going for it, and nearly managed the overall win.

2 hours ago, rbt1548 said:

Great performance, when we lined up at kick off I couldn't believe John Mc Clelland was playing up front, we had every intention of going for it, and nearly managed the overall win.

They had Rummenigge at his best too and (I think) Brady. When I think of us getting stuck into opponents more technically gifted than us, it is this game and the 2-0 win over Juventus I think about.

8 hours ago, King Jela said:

When did it die out though? That's quality. 

It’s sounds brilliant as a large choir or the whole support singing it , but the notes are high .So if there’s only a dozen or so .It sounds cringe .I think that’s what I remember from it 

16 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

What a shower of cunts that Morton team were.

The goalkeeper right after it went 2-0, was it “orange bastards” he shouted? 

They could have seen 5 reds there. 

Morton have always been a taig loving club and in those days ,it was no different 

Full of ex scum players 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

It’s sounds brilliant as a large choir or the whole support singing it , but the notes are high .So if there’s only a dozen or so .It sounds cringe .I think that’s what I remember from it 

What about the 'Rangers, Rangers  Rangers' chant and 'its Glasgow Rangers, Glasgow Rangers FC' Fucking love hearing our fans sing those. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

What about the 'Rangers, Rangers  Rangers' chant and 'its Glasgow Rangers, Glasgow Rangers FC' Fucking love hearing our fans sing those. 

I used to love it . We used to sing very often when were behind . especially in Old firm games , Cup finals or when the tramps started their ynwa

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Morton have always been a taig loving club and in those days ,it was no different 

Full of ex scum players 

I mind I went to a game against them at love street, I think it got played there and not sure why was played there. They wur total scum. Basically all taigs singing ira songs and most had tim tops on.

5 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

I mind I went to a game against them at love street, I think it got played there and not sure why was played there. They wur total scum. Basically all taigs singing ira songs and most had tim tops on.

Can't mind that one mate . May have been a league cup tie or something ,or maybe Cappielow was getting their prayer box installed 

It was one of the best things a bear could see, when this club went hurtling down the leagues , never to return. Hopefully not  . Pity it couldn't happen to quite a lot of others 

Nowadays they do censor any "bad words" and the other week when they showed the 2002 Scottish cup final the BBC apologised beforehand for "some of the songs as it was 18 years ago" fact is...only Rangers's songs are considered "bad".....strange that eh...

On 22/04/2020 at 19:34, Blacky Bear said:

We always out sung everyone over the years even better at old Hampden when the West Terracing amplified the songs of Praise.

I still swear the media, turn our songs down to this day.

34 minutes ago, Kaydubya11 said:

Nowadays they do censor any "bad words" and the other week when they showed the 2002 Scottish cup final the BBC apologised beforehand for "some of the songs as it was 18 years ago" fact is...only Rangers's songs are considered "bad".....strange that eh...

Since the SNP have been in power 'fenian' has been dubbed anti Catholic and an arresting offence while Orange bastard is fair game 🤷‍♂️

On 23/04/2020 at 13:54, pollok-bear said:

It was Scottish Cup tie about twenty years ago, Craig Moore scored the only goal of the game,I think it was moved because Cappielow couldn't get a safety certificate for the crowd they were expecting, your right about Morton fans,I think they used to call the cowshed at Cappielow little Dublin.

On 22/04/2020 at 20:36, Blacky Bear said:

I was spoiled, me old granda got me and his Season Tickets every year, Main Stand from 78 to 87

The Atmosphere at Ibrox was always Electric in Particular Euro nights, remember Inter Milan, think it was 84, Sensational.

Best ever on that era in my Opinion was beating Borussia Dortmund, think the Goalie was Schumacher, anyway he got Pelters.

Fuck reminds me Big Dave Mitchell, fuck im old

It’s wasn’t Dortmund it was Koln that Schumacher played for

On 25/04/2020 at 10:40, Wee Bud said:

It was Scottish Cup tie about twenty years ago, Craig Moore scored the only goal of the game,I think it was moved because Cappielow couldn't get a safety certificate for the crowd they were expecting, your right about Morton fans,I think they used to call the cowshed at Cappielow little Dublin.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 22:34, gmcf said:

Another good semi there with a great atmosphere . The chants are short and to the point :lol:  Was at this too , one of the games of the season imo against a team that would win the league a few weeks later . 

Big Peter had a good game.  Still the spine of the 78 treble team keeping us no pushover.

Weird those days.  We all remember the good days and a lot of good days there were.  But compared to now:

We used to take loads every where ever we went and packed out other clubs'grounds with crowds they could only dream of today and....

We were superb in the big games, atmosphere far better than now,  but.....

Unlike today where we sell out every league game, we had crowds of less than 10000, yes less than 10000 for some less attractive games.

So looks like we had a much more bipolar fanbase then, incredible in the big games and nowhere to be seen in the shite games.    Now we just plod along somewhere in the middle. 

14 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Weird those days.  We all remember the good days and a lot of good days there were.  But compared to now:

We used to take loads every where ever we went and packed out other clubs'grounds with crowds they could only dream of today and....

We were superb in the big games, atmosphere far better than now,  but.....

Unlike today where we sell out every league game, we had crowds of less than 10000, yes less than 10000 for some less attractive games.

So looks like we had a much more bipolar fanbase then, incredible in the big games and nowhere to be seen in the shite games.    Now we just plod along somewhere in the middle. 

Is this true or is it just tarrier myth would like to see proof and us having less than 10k at home games on more than a couple of occasions at the end of a shity season.  

Crowds where obviously smaller but saying we regularly got crowds of under 10k for lesser league games at Ibrox I’m not convinced this is true.  

Archived