The Gaffer

Blacky Bear

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TMB said:

The collapse coincided with Defoe’s injury and Morelos being banned and losing form.  Defensively we’ve conceded the same amount of league goals as celtic and had the best defensive record in our Europa League group.  Offensively the goals dried up after the winter break and our season collapsed with it.  I think we were too reliant on Morelos for goals and we can’t go in to future seasons like that.  Again, this is something that can be fixed.

Those things didn't help but we knew after the old firm that he wouldn't be available for a couple of games due to suspension, 3 weeks we had to go and sign someone else to cover us for the rest of the season, expecting Defoe to play 3 games a week and not pick up an injury or some sort of niggle was impossible, we did sign Kamberi but that was after we had shat the bed against Hearts. 

Agreed about the over reliance on Morelos as we couldn't have handpicked an easier start up until March, even without Morelos and Defoe we should still be taking care of the likes of Hamilton and Kilmarnock. 

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Embarrassing is the morons clapping in the 8th minute and us losing to fucking Hamilton days after losing to Hearts in the cup. 

I genuinely got up off my seat and went into the concourse. Not because I hate the manager because I don’t  but because it just screamed diddy support. 

People are forgetting we got turned over by Hamilton before the shut down fs. The manager was on serious shaky ground with the tarriers, Leverkusen away and St Mirren after that his next 3 games. 

The shutdown has totally erased people’s memories of the previous 4 weeks in the league. The whole support, rightly had turned on Tavernier for his pathetic excuse of an injury when he went off after Hamilton scored. The team got pelters and were getting booed after every bad bit of play when Hamilton scored. 

I’m genuinely surprised people in here are still defending the manager and team blindly. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

People are forgetting we got turned over by Hamilton before the shut down fs. The manager was on serious shaky ground with the tarriers, Leverkusen away and St Mirren after that his next 3 games. 

The shutdown has totally erased people’s memories of the previous 4 weeks in the league. The whole support, rightly had turned on Tavernier for his pathetic excuse of an injury when he went off after Hamilton scored. The team got pelters and were getting booed after every bad bit of play when Hamilton scored. 

I’m genuinely surprised people in here are still defending the manager and team blindly. 

Too many  star-struck wee lassies in the support that don’t care about performances on the pitch and only care about having a big name as the manager.

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Embarrassing is the morons clapping in the 8th minute and us losing to fucking Hamilton days after losing to Hearts in the cup. 

Completely loser mentality to do something like that and I’m somebody who doesn’t think we should be replacing him at the moment.

Archived