SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

I think that's gamesmanship tbh ... he can confidently say on one hand we won't move it (to keep some folk happy) whilst knowing there's a plot to have it game 11 (to keep others happy) meaning if it's game 11, the fans will be back (or a good chance of it)

If you believe the reports, obviously. 

He's saying it won't be after game 11. That's good as that would be unethical. 

Nothing other than routine has it early September so even if its game 11 its fair. But yes unusual. I think it will be mid to end of  September but tbh we'll  deal with whatever.

Rangers greeting about something within rules would be pathetic. And the chances of huge numbers of fans back in October are slim.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's saying it won't be after game 11. That's good as that would be unethical. 

Nothing other than routine has it early September so even if its game 11 its fair. But yes unusual. I think it will be mid to end of  September but tbh we'll  deal with whatever.

Rangers greeting about something within rules would be pathetic. And the chances of huge numbers of fans back in October are slim.

The rule is meant to be the fixtures are computer generated with certain criteria applied. We've next had an Old Firm game matchday 11 so it would be right to ask questions of why now, if that's what it generates. 

If the fans aren't back in October anyway, then it's a moot point.

5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

celtic and Rangers derby delay hopes dashed as Neil Lennon's fan return solution ruled out

SPFL secretary Iain Blair insists holding derby matches back until supporters can attend is not possible.

League secretary Iain Blair insists the Glasgow rivals will meet in the first round of Premiership fixtures even if stadiums remain empty.

Parkhead boss Neil Lennon sparked hope the derby matches could be delayed until coronavirus restrictions on mass gatherings had been sufficiently eased.

The idea was backed by midfielder Callum McGregor, who floated the notion of several meetings in just a few weeks towards the season's end.

But Blair has asserted the SPFL have deemed the reshuffle unfeasible.

He told BBC Sportsound : "It wouldn't have been possible for us to do it.

"The first one has to be somewhere between round one and round 11 and when you look at international and European dates there are only around four dates you can put it in.

"You wouldn't want to open the season with it due to celtic being presented with the flag. I don't think that is the best time to have an intense derby.

"It will be somewhere between games two and 11, the second one will be on the second of January and I have no idea when the third one will be but it will be before fixture 33."

2nd Old Firm game on 2nd Jan 2021.

Pretty significant date that. 

50th anniversary of the disaster. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they use that to flip the first game BCD to Ibrox to avoid the scum from disrespecting another remembrance. 

14 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

The rule is meant to be the fixtures are computer generated with certain criteria applied. We've next had an Old Firm game matchday 11 so it would be right to ask questions of why now, if that's what it generates. 

If the fans aren't back in October anyway, then it's a moot point.

And theres no rule about which roundof games the 1st OF game is, so whilst its unusual if it got moved later as long as its before we head into Q2 then its within rules. Which is my point. Fight rules being broken, not when its something different but still within the rules.

3 minutes ago, Brackley said:

2nd Old Firm game on 2nd Jan 2021.

Pretty significant date that. 

50th anniversary of the disaster. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they use that to flip the first game BCD to Ibrox to avoid the scum from disrespecting another remembrance. 

They won't, imo that's just paranoia. A bit like believing all OF games were to be moved into 2021, or the 1st one would be delayed until fans returned.

But if they did, then I think we'd be justified in complaining as typically the 1st fixture alternates each year.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And theres no rule about which roundof games the 1st OF game is, so whilst its unusual if it got moved later as long as its before we head into Q2 then its within rules. Which is my point. Fight rules being broken, not when its something different but still within the rules.

So you don't think they'd be breaking any rules, if they intentionally broke the habit of a lifetime and key'd in specific criteria so the fixture generator generated the first Old Firm game last, on matchday 11.

Alright then.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

So you don't think they'd be breaking any rules, if they intentionally broke the habit of a lifetime and key'd in specific criteria so the fixture generator generated the first Old Firm game last, on matchday 11.

Alright then.

Which rule are they breaking?

Which certain criteria within the rules is it that is being breached?

Typically 1st OF games alternate.  The 2nd league OF game is at NY at the alternative home ground to the 1st OF game. Similar rules apply to other derbies. They try to not have 2 teams from same city at home the same weekend.

But I really don't envisage there's anything about when the 1st OF game is. I get the benefits it building drama from game 1 to the OF fixture typically game 4 or 5 but doubt its a rule.

And if its not a rule, fuck having a Board statement whingeing about it.

I think that's gamesmanship tbh ... he can confidently say on one hand we won't move it (to keep some folk happy) whilst knowing there's a plot to have it game 11 (to keep others happy) meaning if it's game 11, the fans will be back (or a good chance of it)

Game 2 back on 2nd January to toast the Queen. That will annoy them. Get it on the big screens 

No need for the SPFL and SFA to sort out the football fixtures, just give the sheet to Paedo pete and he can sort it all out and then it can be published.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

But we erred by demanding they should have been suspended before we disclosed the evidence.

We didn’t really have any evidence as such 

Just a massive list of questions that needed answers of extremely questionable behaviour ,Even the liberal level taigs in he media backed these questions up as relevant 

Not just us but the rest of the game in this country hasn’t been given the respect it deserves to answer these questions that should never have been needed to ask 

10 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

We didn’t really have any evidence as such 

Just a massive list of questions that needed answers of extremely questionable behaviour ,Even the liberal level taigs in he media backed these questions up as relevant 

Not just us but the rest of the game in this country hasn’t been given the respect it deserves to answer these questions that should never have been needed to ask 

I disagree.

There was enough in the dossier to evidence wrong doing. Such as the 10m broadcaster omission. But we needed the II to bottom it all out.

What we demonstrated in the dossier should have been enough to see suspensions. Calling for it before releasing the evidence was silly.  That was our faux pas.

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I disagree.

There was enough in the dossier to evidence wrong doing. Such as the 10m broadcaster omission. But we needed the II to bottom it all out.

What we demonstrated in the dossier should have been enough to see suspensions. Calling for it before releasing the evidence was silly.  That was our faux pas.

There's an irony in all of this in I think Rangers could have saved the SPFL but if Hearts & Partick win their court action then I think the SPFL is a busted flush

6 minutes ago, The hustler said:

There's an irony in all of this in I think Rangers could have saved the SPFL but if Hearts & Partick win their court action then I think the SPFL is a busted flush

You could well be right.

And the fact it was Rangers producing the dossier doomed it to failure. Yet the fact it was so professionally compiled by Rangers means we may get our desired outcome via other clubs.

Scottish fitba hates itself.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You could well be right.

And the fact it was Rangers producing the dossier doomed it to failure. Yet the fact it was so professionally compiled by Rangers means we may get our desired outcome via other clubs.

Scottish fitba hates itself.

I do think our dossier will be getting brought up as evidence during this. If that copy of the letter is real then Doncaster has really shot himself in the foot. Clubs that already doubted him will use this as proof and clubs that sit on the fence surely can't see this as a good thing. An absolutely astonishing letter to send out right before a court hearing is about to take place.

29 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

What have I missed, what's Dungcaster managed to make a complete erse of today?

Doncaster sent a letter to all clubs. Not yet seen in full but snippets suggest it encourages other spfl clubs wanting to see the legal documentation to join the campaign against Hearts and Thistle, this being supported by spfl lawyers.

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

From jambo kickback

The SPFL letter is a circular to all clubs saying that despite requests they cannot inform the clubs what their defences are on Wed. That's correct but he is implying that Hearts / Partick have made their action public. All Court Petitions are posted public documents, the mans a clown. He needs to watch out as he is drifting into defamation territory.

This reminds me of how clubs were petitioned to punish our club for taking the unlawful embargo to court. We were then forced to accept the punishment for going to court and the embargo.  Are the SPFL trying to bully Hearts and PT the same way by petitioning like this?

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I do think our dossier will be getting brought up as evidence during this. If that copy of the letter is real then Doncaster has really shot himself in the foot. Clubs that already doubted him will use this as proof and clubs that sit on the fence surely can't see this as a good thing. An absolutely astonishing letter to send out right before a court hearing is about to take place.

Our dossier is at the core of evidence imo.

Its no longer about clubs views. Its about the judge's views on governance and malpractice issues. Other than Thistle and Hearts, no other clubs views matter a fuck.

I honestly think Doncaster et al believe themselves above the law, acting as if its business as normal to manipulate over and above legal protocols 

Tick tock.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its no longer about clubs views. Its about the judge's views on governance and malpractice issues. Other than Thistle and Hearts, no other clubs views matter a fuck.

I honestly think Doncaster et al believe themselves above the law, acting as if its business as normal to manipulate over and above legal protocols 

Tick tock.

Years and years of abusing their power has turned them seemingly invincible. Probably backed up to the heavens by Lawwell.

Just mental that in the year 2020 a league chief executive along with a lawyer and chairman can act like this.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tick tock.

PT also have the legal advice from two QC they presented to the SPFL as evidence. The SPFL were aware of the situation but still proceeded to carry on with-out doing an independent inquiry.

Archived