Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taylor would be very underwhelming. He’s 30 and not that good - I remember him when he was at Partick thistle.

We can’t have a forward line of Stewart, Defoe and Taylor (assuming Morelos leaves).

Roofe of Leeds is more the level and age we need.

8 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Taylor would be very underwhelming. He’s 30 and not that good - I remember him when he was at Partick thistle.

We can’t have a forward line of Stewart, Defoe and Taylor (assuming Morelos leaves).

Roofe moved to some Belgian mob I’m sure 

23 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

I'm not saying Taylor would be a good signing or anything, but was he not at Thistle in 2012 or 2014? he could have improved, but if it was upto me he's not someone I'd be going for.

Just now, British_Empire said:

I'm not saying Taylor would be a good signing or anything, but was he not at Thistle in 2012 or 2014? he could have improved, but if it was upto me he's not someone I'd be going for.

He was roughly 24 when he was at Thistle. He wasn’t too impressive for that age when he was there.

His goals / game at Charlton is decent but he’s not getting any better. Would have to be third choice at most but for the wages he would be on there’s no chance that would happen.

1 minute ago, Born Sinner said:

He was roughly 24 when he was at Thistle. He wasn’t too impressive for that age when he was there.

His goals / game at Charlton is decent but he’s not getting any better. Would have to be third choice at most but for the wages he would be on there’s no chance that would happen.

Aye that's the reason I wouldn't sign him either. Reported to be after 30k a week. Would rather use that substantial wedge elsewhere and look for someone else to add to the attack.

28 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Roofe left Leeds and joined Anderlecht nearly a year ago. I doubt we could afford him.

If the best our scouting department are coming up with is a 30 year old striker who has scored less goals this season than Martyn Waghorn then I think we need a cull of the scouts.

Tried to find a Youtube video of Taylor. Never seen him play and not heard of him until he was linked to us.

In fairness to him, didn't try too hard and chose the first one listed. Title said something like 'Lyle Taylor - Insane skills!', and so I thought 'this will be good'.

Cue 2 minutes of the cunt scoring a couple of 1 yard out tap ins and then half a dozen penalties - not one 'insane skill' to be seen.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Never too early to read and believe newspapers who haven't a clue on our transfer strategy, and to use that to be negative towards the club👍

The papers didn't have a clue about the bassey deal. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come with the papers being kept out the loop

Expect however we'll see a few bullshit links before the window is up. 

15 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The papers didn't have a clue about the bassey deal. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come with the papers being kept out the loop

👍

Even 4lads guy is saying club are giving nothing awayabout transfers, not even to the likes of him  who tend to be fed other stuff ie Castore.

Nothing until new signings announced. The way it should be.

17 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Best deal like that that just landed on us was Averladze. 

I mind watching him on Eurosport for Ajax thinking he's a player etc ...then just one night was watching Sky Sports News and it said we signed him, no paper talk or anything. Class.

Archived