Rangers TV

The Beast

What's the deal with Rangers TV, there seems to be two membership options £6 per month or £60 for a year. Both say "Excluding live video".

How do you sign up for Rangers TV to actually watch games?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, The Beast said:

What's the deal with Rangers TV, there seems to be two membership options £6 per month or £60 for a year. Both say "Excluding live video".

You need to live outside the UK to get live games. 

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

I think they're both the same, just one option gives you a discount for paying a year up front, but aye, UK based you generally can't get live games

20 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Live or be outside? Can you be on holiday for instance?

As long as your computer is outside the UK or THINKS it’s outside the UK all live games will work.  So what I’m saying is download a VPN.

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

What’s the script with season ticket holders and those games will an RTV subscription be needed? 

I think you get them free while the stadiums closed , but if you want them as bonus points on your MyGers you have to buy a subscription . 

12 hours ago, aird said:

You need to live outside the UK to get live games. 

OR invest in a reliable and secure VPN (Virtual Private Network) 😉

Nord VPN, which I use, is currently available for around £30 a year if you take out their 3 year plan.

Subscribe to the full RTV package (£240 pa) fire up the VPN on your device on game day,  chose a country BEFORE logging into RTV and the VPN tricks the system into thinking you are living outside the UK.

Works out at around £270 for pretty much every Rangers game live, from the comfort of your couch.

The only bugbear is that RTV doesn’t broadcast  the EL/CL group games live as UEFA dont allow it.

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I thought it was just premier sports

I thought so mate cheers.just had the missus on to virgin sports there and she ended up getting me premier sports for an extra 30pence a month on my bill so happy days.

2 minutes ago, kingtom80 said:

six pound a month or 60 pounds a year,last year it   was 5 pound  a month                                   and 49 pounds a year.

Aye they upped the price

1 hour ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Was last nights game on rtv and is saturdays along with the other friendly games on it or is it just premier sports ? Any help with this is much appreciated.

Yes, but only if you live outside the UK or have access to a VPN

11 minutes ago, beararse said:

Yes, but only if you live outside the UK or have access to a VPN

That's right, and only if you have the £240 package.  I'm in Spain, have the standard subscription (£49, about to become £54 in August with the 10% MyGers discount - should be £60) and I had to pay £9.99 last night to watch it on RTV.

I'm tempted to upgrade to the £240 package, mainly just to give the club more money but for that, I'd be expecting a much better product.  The live games on RTV still feel like an initial pilot of streaming games on the internet from 2009!  And Tom 'The Commentator'... fuck me.   Get him so far to fuck.  We need a much slicker person for the job.  Tom is pure amateur hour.

Hoping the whole RTV interface gets a facelift too following the website redevelopment, as it's really clunky/has some real format issues.  If they fix all that and get a proper media/pundit team involved pre/post match and at half-time, I think they'll make a fortune.

10 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

That's right, and only if you have the £240 package.  I'm in Spain, have the standard subscription (£49, about to become £54 in August with the 10% MyGers discount - should be £60) and I had to pay £9.99 last night to watch it on RTV.

I'm tempted to upgrade to the £240 package, mainly just to give the club more money but for that, I'd be expecting a much better product.  The live games on RTV still feel like an initial pilot of streaming games on the internet from 2009!  And Tom 'The Commentator'... fuck me.   Get him so far to fuck.  We need a much slicker person for the job.  Tom is pure amateur hour.

Hoping the whole RTV interface gets a facelift too following the website redevelopment, as it's really clunky/has some real format issues.  If they fix all that and get a proper media/pundit team involved pre/post match and at half-time, I think they'll make a fortune.

It’s still the same lame fillers at half time and Tom Miller prattling on with the full subscription package.

hopefully things will change but I can’t see that happening anytime soon.

I found the stream was a bit stop start last night but generally it’s very good.

On 17/07/2020 at 18:22, BearInTheToon said:

Everytime Tom says it's an "Exocet" of a shot it makes me want to slap him.

I pay the 240 quid to the club.  I usually end up watching most of the games via IPTV on Rangers TV / SkySports / BT but it makes me feel better to give the money to the club.  The commentary (even with Sutton) is just miles better on SkySports or BT.  Thankfully that muppet Sutton wont be around on SkySports next year.

On 16/07/2020 at 20:49, The Beast said:

You don't in Britain (yet)

Archived