***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

24 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

No mention of Hayes booting Morelos other than McCoist mentioning how much he admires the wee wank a minute later. 

Apologetic is marginally better than biased mate .Still happy If Ally gets all our games tbh 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, shaka said:

Considering that's the kind of games we kept failing to win last season, can't complain.  We were efficient and stopped them having any chances.  They were a bunch of thugs as predicted but we didn't rise to their bait.  Last season someone would've reacted to getting kicked, pushed and hacked constantly and got sent off.

We were winning them, this side of xmas, 

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

When did Considine get booked. 

The red card probably counts as a booking, doesn’t matter anyway as bet365 would’ve paid out on it so whether you think it counts as a booking or not doesn’t matter 😂

3 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Kent was excellent today by the way... amazing what the trimming of your rats tail can do for you!

Aribo also was impossible to take the ball off of today. Unreal. I love when he’s on the ball, you just feel comfortable.

Agree about Aribo. His close control is superb 

2 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Eh? He absolutely dominated everything that came at him today. I know you are fucked off with the club with MyGers and everything but credit where it's due FFS. What be had to do he did, and was outstanding at it.

first of all you stalking me :lol: secondly I said already he did ok but come on aberdeen hardly made an attempt to attack Rangers - oh and outstanding's a bit over the top 

Jack and Kamara against a pub team , out the full 96 mins Kamara hit a shot 12ft over the bar and over hit a cross, that’s their full contribution and there will be 15/20 games exactly the same this season, until such times they 2 are replaced we’ve no chance 

How can anyone try to say that’s not a red. Ok he gets the ball but if you allow challenges like that when a player doesn’t get the ball someone ends up with a broken leg.

20 years ago winning the ball was enough, these days if it’s dangerous it’s off.

Good :3 points on the board. Edmunson won’t be getting as much sympathy after Balogun’s performance (not that I dislike George I’m any way)

Bad:

We don’t seems to have learnt to play a different way. The mentality seems wrong and we could easily have conceded an equaliser even though the sheep didn’t do much. Heart in mouth every time Tav or Goldson tried to dribble out against a player.

Hagi, Kent and Aribo all flitting in and out the game.

Why the hell was Helander warming up instead of Edmunson? I sometimes think they don’t have a clue.

Just now, Bristol loyal said:

How can anyone try to say that’s not a red. Ok he gets the ball but if you allow challenges like that when a player doesn’t get the ball someone ends up with a broken leg.

20 years ago winning the ball was enough, these days if it’s dangerous it’s off.

Studs well up

of course it's a red

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

The red card probably counts as a booking, doesn’t matter anyway as bet365 would’ve paid out on it so whether you think it counts as a booking or not doesn’t matter 😂

That was my original question, did he think they would have paid out on it being a straight red. 

3 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Eh? He absolutely dominated everything that came at him today. I know you are fucked off with the club with MyGers and everything but credit where it's due FFS. What be had to do he did, and was outstanding at it.

Yeah but last season we had games where the likes of katic and Goldson strolled it, but again our failings up front show through, opening day of the season and we look toothless up front, 

Our subs bench is an absolute disgrace given what we have spent on the squad, 4 defenders, and arguably 4 midfielders, all 4 that probably aren't good enough 

We need more and better options up front, when we signed the balogun people were defending it claiming "what if goldson or edmunson get injured and helander is injured" well if kent or hagi get crocked what do we do

3 points is 3 points, but we have learned absolutely nothing from the last 2 seasons

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Jack and Kamara against a pub team , out the full 96 mins Kamara hit a shot 12ft over the bar and over hit a cross, that’s their full contribution and there will be 15/20 games exactly the same this season, until such times they 2 are replaced we’ve no chance 

Either Jack or Kamara is more than enough for an SPFL game, absolutely no need for both, showing that shite far too much respect although selections in midfield are limited with options we have there tbf, desperately need another midfielder in wether that be Zungu or someone else 

Archived