ONCE A RANGER

WATP-FOREVER

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main reason he came up with to give us some off the ideas they had at brentford. As they have a money ball esque Transfer policy. The rebuild when we came back up was always going to be slow and he got the brunt of it.  

3 minutes ago, manx-bear said:

The main reason he came up with to give us some off the ideas they had at brentford. As they have a money ball esque Transfer policy. The rebuild when we came back up was always going to be slow and he got the brunt of it.  

Didn’t Warburton leave Brentford because of the proposed moneyball approach?

Probably get flak for this but when Warburton left the wage bill was 10.4 million and he was given peanuts to spend on transfers. Aye some of the capitulations where embarrassing but compared to later managers he was never backed anywhere to the same extent.

Compared to some x players he never has a bad word to say about us.

11 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Probably get flak for this but when Warburton left the wage bill was 10.4 million and he was given peanuts to spend on transfers. Aye some of the capitulations where embarrassing but compared to later managers he was never backed anywhere to the same extent.

Compared to some x players he never has a bad word to say about us.

Room for criticism, of course, as with any manager. I remember Souness being slated, Walter too for defend first policy.

On the positive side, Warburton side played brilliant football. Played celtic off the park during the semi final, when we were a division behind - and with a minute, fraction of their budget.

Credit where it's due - still like the guy, and he obviously likes us.. 

That’s just his home office isn’t it? This is from the This is Ibrox podcast/H&H podcast they did with him.

He speaks well, and I really liked him for the first wee while where he transformed the team. It just all went downhill after the high of the semi-final. I still can’t get over that final, it was in our hands whether we were shattered or not. Two corner kicks can never be the difference between victory and failure at Rangers.

Don't wish him any harm though, we’ve moved on, he’s moved on.

People are quite right to point out he wasn’t properly backed, and he’s right to say unfair expectations were put upon him to challenge in the first season back. But he would never have been successful here. 

Above all else, he just didn’t understand the need to win every week. 

Was decent for the championship and maybe our first season back up , I don't regard him as a total failure for us. 

Had we won the Scottish cup under him , I think things would have panned out a wee bit better , in terms of the challenge we mounted the season after. 

I'm not feeling the buzz at all for the start of the season so tried to watch some Scottish football preview shows.

Lasted fucking 2 minutes of that PLZ show as Peter McGuire had a full Larsson wall behind him the fat cunt.

Then started Open Goal and on show was the celtic bumblebee kit and 3 fenian bastards talking about us and how it's nearly impoosible for us to stop the '10'.

I'll never fucking learn! :britney:

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I'm not feeling the buzz at all for the start of the season so tried to watch some Scottish football preview shows.

Lasted fucking 2 minutes of that PLZ show as Peter McGuire had a full Larsson wall behind him the fat cunt.

Then started Open Goal and on show was the celtic bumblebee kit and 3 fenian bastards talking about us and how it's nearly impoosible for us to stop the '10'.

I'll never fucking learn! :britney:

Was wee Barry playing best mates with them all 🤔

14 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Was decent for the championship and maybe our first season back up , I don't regard him as a total failure for us. 

Had we won the Scottish cup under him , I think things would have panned out a wee bit better , in terms of the challenge we mounted the season after. 

We blew the Scottish cup

No other way to describe it .So he gets no credit for nearly and what could have beens for me 

That day alone was one of the worst in my footballing life 

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

That’s just his home office isn’t it? This is from the This is Ibrox podcast/H&H podcast they did with him.

He speaks well, and I really liked him for the first wee while where he transformed the team. It just all went downhill after the high of the semi-final. I still can’t get over that final, it was in our hands whether we were shattered or not. Two corner kicks can never be the difference between victory and failure at Rangers.

Don't wish him any harm though, we’ve moved on, he’s moved on.

Game was in control with Waghorn pulling their defenders wide .He was injured but he was still creating .Takes him off and puts Clark on .Ultimately one of the most costly subs in our clubs history 

Clark then puts in a “ on the beach performance and their extra defender bombs through the middle and he doesn’t chase back .Never forgive him for that 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Game was in control with Waghorn pulling their defenders wide .He was injured but he was still creating .Takes him off and puts Clark on .Ultimately one of the most costly subs in our clubs history 

Clark then puts in a “ on the beach performance and their extra defender bombs through the middle and he doesn’t chase back .Never forgive him for that 

2-1 up with ten minutes to go, should never be losing that final.

Forget how good Andy Halliday's goal was, that should have been one of our all time best strikes but it's utterly meaningless.

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Was wee Barry playing best mates with them all 🤔

I notice he is no longer in the PLZ promotional stuff so wonder if he has left the show.

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Madness sub, but fit into the system that was oh so fluid, yet rigid :lol:. Very well put mate.

Archived