Tactics - Jack/Morelos

stewaj3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HG5 said:

That’s 2 good ones then, and that was after they were down to 10, wasn’t it?

Think most of us are agreed that we didn’t create much, for all the possession we had, which is my point.

I dont have time to watch the game back just now as Im going to see my local team in a bit, but there were more.

17 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Him dropping back actually created the goal, though (and a number of chances).

Yes it created the goal, but why wouldn’t we want our top scorer to be in the box?

i don’t remember us creating too many chances to be honest and some our shooting was woeful. Including Morelos.

15 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Yes it created the goal, but why wouldn’t we want our top scorer to be in the box?

i don’t remember us creating too many chances to be honest and some our shooting was woeful. Including Morelos.

Quickly watched the highlights there and we created more than you think. We had 15 shots with 4 on target.. some were deflected wide etc, but you are right.. our shooting wasnt good enough. 

Our top scorer hasnt really been scoring, but our 10s/midfielders have. Its very much like Liverpool with Firmino etc. Morelos did have a couple of chances though.

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Quickly watched the highlights there and we created more than you think. We had 15 shots with 4 on target.. some were deflected wide etc, but you are right.. our shooting wasnt good enough. 

Our top scorer hasnt really been scoring, but our 10s/midfielders have. Its very much like Liverpool with Firmino etc. Morelos did have a couple of chances though.

It’s a fair assessment mate.  My biggest issue is that we need to get bodies in the box and yesterday I thought we struggled to do it at times.  Early days and a win on the board was the most important thing.

38 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I think Kamara and Jack are too similar. They both sit deep and hold. For me it should be either or holding with another Aribo type who can play box to box.

Fully agree most games in our league we don't require 2 deep holding midfielders. 

Another box to box would be ideal. 

1 hour ago, Mols94 said:

Jack and Kamara are far too negative on ball, terrified of passing the ball forward. We should only be playing with one of them at a time.

Jack ahould play ahead of Kamara imo. Kamaras passing is woeful and he constantly hits passes behind the players. Jacks not be at his best lately but was immense before xmas! 

Just now, berkshirebear said:

Jack ahould play ahead of Kamara imo. Kamaras passing is woeful and he constantly hits passes behind the players. Jacks not be at his best lately but was immense before xmas! 

Kamara works really well in European games. He is prone to holding the ball too long and has been caught though.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Kamara works really well in European games. He is prone to holding the ball too long and has been caught though.

He drives me nuts, constantly loses the ball, his shooting is woeful and he never seems to play the right pass.

Not sure what he brings to the team to be honest and wish we could sell him for a decent bit of cash (if some reports are true) 

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Kamara is often a 9/10 or a 5/10.  We need constant 8/10s plus and above across the Board.

Better for us in Europe. 

4 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I think Kamara and Jack are too similar. They both sit deep and hold. For me it should be either or holding with another Aribo type who can play box to box.

Jack has scored a fair few from the edge of the box or running forward into the box to support the attack.  Maybe we should let Kamara sit in the holding roll and give Jack more license to push forward.  We certainly don’t need two sitting deep against most teams. 

Our biggest problem is that no one, apart from Alfredo, seems willing or capable of making quick forward passes, one touch or two touch for runners. Invariably back or sideways or 4 touches before trying to find a pass by which time runs have been aborted and opponents have set up their defensive stall.

4 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

How 😂 imagine that was scott brown greeting we would be laughing our arses off at him fs 

Who gives a fuck about him, if anything it'd be because his team got beat that I'd be laughing.

Boy gives everything in a final, near wrecks his knee, loses his first real chance at a trophy with his boyhood team, and greets.

Rather he showed a bit of emotion than no care. 

Also, never in my life see anyone label Gascoigne embarrassing for his greeting.

Archived