Rtv commentary

jjbscotty12

3 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Its not a normal season. Club have us over a barrel. Don't see the point in moaning. If they can sell to non st holders and get money great.  

Need to agree to disagree mate 👍🏻

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Why did you renew then when you knew you wouldn’t realistically be in the stadium til January?

You really are just being petty now. You’re happy to invest in the club in whatever way possible surely?

I renewed more in hope than expectation of getting into games - never though I was going to get ripped off AGAIN by the club - this £9.99 for anyone is a fuckin disgrace - charge what you would pay to get into the game, a lot fairer 

9 hours ago, dougal72 said:

More money to the club means more signings like Roofe , Itten , Kent and Hagi. Not many are going to buy at  £28 a game.  Surely no one expects the club to turn down a lucrative revenue stream because we decided to renew season tickets in full knowledge we may not get to games. Selling to others  at £9.99 doesn't effect me or other season ticket holders at all.

Season ticket holders are paying that at least - charge the non-season ticket holders the same after all they'll be watching the players you mentioned

4 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Season ticket holders are paying that at least - charge the non-season ticket holders the same after all they'll be watching the players you mentioned

If u went into the ticket office and a st.mirren was £28 you'd need to pay it or u couldn't go. Sadly in the modern world not everyone can afford to go to the football. Its the value of my season ticket am talking about

There can't be a £18 difference between what season tickets pay per game and PPV the PPV price is set to low.

Hypothetical point here -  say we could get into a game, let's say St Mirren, St Mirren board tell Rangers  they've sold hardly any tickets, charge our fans £9.99 to get in and we'll sell our full allocation - would that be okay - naw

9 hours ago, Cedrick said:

I canny get my heed round  non season ticket holders can buy the full of August for a pound less than I’m paying for ST Mirren on Sunday , nobody will convince me that’s right 😂

You've bought your ST snd retained your seat. Covid prevents it currently obviously but you are paying for the right of entry and guaranteed ticket. The club are facilitating you seeing the game free of charge whilst charging others. 

I paid my money on the above basis, to ensure we're as competitive as we can be. With no guarantees. I assume many others did too.

The club now have to optimise sales from non ST holders and clearly think a tenner is the best price. Fair dos. 

If it were a financial decision I'd seek refund on my ST and get a stream, but its not. Its about paying what I would have paid, buying mygers and merchandise, and being delighted at the new signings I'm helping us afford, not challenging my spend and what I'm personally getting in return. There's others paying far more than me getting the same out of it.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You've bought your ST snd retained your seat. Covid prevents it currently obviously but you are paying for the right of entry and guaranteed ticket. The club are facilitating you seeing the game free of charge whilst charging others. 

I paid my money on the above basis, to ensure we're as competitive as we can be. With no guarantees. I assume many others did too.

The club now have to optimise sales from non ST holders and clearly think a tenner is the best price. Fair dos. 

If it were a financial decision I'd seek refund on my ST and get a stream, but its not. Its about paying what I would have paid, buying mygers and merchandise, and being delighted at the new signings I'm helping us afford, not challenging my spend and what I'm personally getting in return. There's others paying far more than me getting the same out of it.

Agree with all you say - well almost 

2 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Agree with all you say - well almost 

Do you agree the club should optimise the price for maximum sales?  If so, and they think a tenner is that figure, what's wrong with that?

The ST money is banked or due to be, its that money that allows us to plan for the season. This is a seperate revenue stream.

44 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Do you agree the club should optimise the price for maximum sales?  If so, and they think a tenner is that figure, what's wrong with that?

The ST money is banked or due to be, its that money that allows us to plan for the season. This is a seperate revenue stream.

A season ticket holder paying at least three times what a non-season ticket holders paying to watch the same  game - nobody in their right mind can say that's okay.   

This like a lot of things happening at the club just proves they don't give a fuck about the support .

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

A season ticket holder paying at least three times what a non-season ticket holders paying to watch the same  game - nobody in their right mind can say that's okay.   

This like a lot of things happening at the club just proves they don't give a fuck about the support .

So what do you think should happen? Games cost £30 for PPV? Season ticket holders get money back? Club compensate with a complimentary shirt or voucher for Castore stuff? What's your answer to solve it?

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When we’re back public sale should be a tenner mate coz this is exactly the same thing 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So what do you think should happen? Games cost £30 for PPV? Season ticket holders get money back? Club compensate with a complimentary shirt or voucher for Castore stuff? What's your answer to solve it?

I'd charge £25 - give them a wee discount for being loyal fans

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

£18 more for season ticket holders to watch Sunday than a non season ticket holder is ridiculous, it should be £28 minimum for non season ticket holders to , all about money for the club remember 👍🏻

Club can’t really price it much higher tbh as literally nobody would buy it, aye it’s not fair on season tickets holders but I’ve bought my season ticket to secure my seat and put money into the club so I’m not overly bothered, hopefully loads will buy the PPV and give us some extra revenue to strengthen against they tarrier bastards. 

ST holders knew when they renewed that it could be a while until they could sit in the seats they have paid for.

They get home games for free which is only fair.

For others to watch the game the price is 9.99. The club is looking to maximise income and they would have reckoned that at that price they will sell a hell of a lot more virtual tickets than they would if it was priced at 19.99. It's just a business/marketing decision. It is not a slap in the face to anyone.

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

When we’re back public sale should be a tenner mate coz this is exactly the same thing 

:lol: No it's not , nobody even  knew for sure all the games would be televised when they bought their season tickets. It wasn't sold as renew your ticket and you'll get the games free. Everyone renewed knowing they might get nothing in return.

6 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I'd charge £25 - give them a wee discount for being loyal fans

£18 more for season ticket holders to watch Sunday than a non season ticket holder is ridiculous, it should be £28 minimum for non season ticket holders to , all about money for the club remember 👍🏻

Then the club will get nowhere near the buys they would get for it being a tenner. I get what you guys are saying but being realistic it doesn't make much sense to charge as much as that just because season ticket holders are being charged that.

Season tickets were on sale and bought knowing that the chances of seeing the games in the ground were slim until at least October. Think the club could've made fair reductions on the prices then instead of trying to now make up for it.

Were you happy with the new signings? Are you happy weve built the squad rather than decimate it. Hivs have shut their academy and laid off loads of staff, the sheep are talking of a 10m shortfall needing plugged- would you rather see our club in this position heading into the 10iar season?

The club being "all about money" - our money to the club- is what allows us to challenge. If the club didn't maximise revenues we'd be down sizing. Pretty sure none of us want that.

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

ST holders knew when they renewed that it could be a while until they could sit in the seats they have paid for.

For others to watch the game the price is 9.99. The club is looking to maximise income and they would have reckoned that at that price they will sell a hell of a lot more virtual tickets than they would if it was priced at 19.99. It's just a business/marketing decision. It is not a slap in the face to anyone.

Not just home fans either. Can see alot of St Mirren fans buying in too. The price makes sense.

Just now, dougal72 said:

:lol: No it's not , nobody even  knew for sure all the games would be televised when they bought their season tickets. It wasn't sold as renew your ticket and you'll get the games free. Everyone renewed knowing they might get nothing in return.

So I’m not paying £18 more to watch the same stream as a non season ticket holder on Sunday , if you can tell me I’m not I’ll agree with you , in fact a non season ticket holder bear can buy an August package for a pound less than I’m paying for ST Mirren on Sunday if you can tell me that’s not happening I’ll agree your correct 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

So I’m not paying £18 more to watch the same stream as a non season ticket holder on Sunday , if you can tell me I’m not I’ll agree with you , in fact a non season ticket holder bear can buy an August package for a pound less than I’m paying for ST Mirren on Sunday if you can tell me that’s not happening I’ll agree your correct 

What are you paying for on Sunday?

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

No we don’t :lol: 

Archived