We will win the league

TheFamousPigeon

3 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Not unless celtic have an awful season. We are an ok team, who after winning a title may become a good one. We don't have the balls to go take it though.

This is my main fear. We'll get to the crunch moment and we'll trip over our shoelaces. Game over. 

I think that League Cup final will prove the sliding doors moment for SG.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usual bed wetters are pissing all over this thread.   FFS, today was dire but we are top without a goal conceded. We are all pissed off with today’s result, we want to win every game , but we keep going.    Played 4 , conceded 0, yes that is no goals against in 360 minutes.  

Look at the stats, it is pretty clear where we need to improve.  

75C8A3FE-EEC6-4323-94BC-88DB480B008D.png

We had a bit of a free hit today, thanks to the tarriers’ problems.

It was a chance to lay down a maker & say ‘catch us if you can’.

The opposition’s plans disrupted by the imminent loss of their star striker.

Instead, we gave back the 2 point advantage we’d suddenly been given, on the first occasion we didn’t have the safety blanket of our own stadium.

5 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Usual bed wetters are pissing all over this thread.   FFS, today was dire but we are top without a goal conceded. We are all pissed off with today’s result, we want to win every game , but we keep going.    Played 4 , conceded 0, yes that is no goals against in 360 minutes.  

This taking a clean sheet as a positive today is absolutely baffling 

Livingston didn’t even try to enter our half and still managed to end up with a decent chance to score near the end 

Just now, GA1972 said:

Livingston didn’t even try to enter our half and still managed to end up with a decent chance to score near the end 

It wasn’t for lack of trying on Helander’s part, either.

Rarely seen a worse CB effort, in a game which we totally dominated.

10 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

We've seen the exact same thing for countless seasons. A successful manager for us will be one who is able to change his team and approach to different scenarios. One system does not fit all in Scotland. SG is running out of opportunities.

17 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

A clean sheet is a positive and should never be baffling. What is baffling is only having 3 shots on target from 23 attempts.   Now that is baffling. 

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I'm no gonna jump in and sarky or cheeky and say you're on planet pluto

We might.

We still have every chance to.

We've the players and are capable,

But it depends on that stupid, ignorant, arrogant, stubborn prick Steven Gerrard learning from his mistakes and changing it.

Which he won't do. 

It's his third season in and we are still making the same mistakes as he has since day one.

I didn't like Windass and I didn't like Candaies but from midfield positions they'd get something like 30-35 goals from their scoring and assists. We've never replaced that.

I love Kent and think he's a class act, but the stats just don't add up the same. Likewise Hagi. 

He's took certain players out, and moulded us a team that revolves around 2 of Kamara/Jack/Davis who are average players who don't contribute going forward - and he refuses to ackowledge this.

It's that simple.

So for that reason, naw, I'm out - we aren't winning this league.

Post of the night 

It is being honest and true. Even if the scum were nervous. This lot will make is easy for them. 

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

tavs lost a little pace too

A few days ago I questioned whether our full backs were getting on a bit to play in our system, and you were one of the people who ridiculed me. 

Just now, chris182 said:

We've seen the exact same thing for countless seasons. A successful manager for us will be one who is able to change his team and approach to different scenarios. One system does not fit all in Scotland.

One system doesn’t fit all in any league.  What we need to do is be able to play the long ball, the short ball, the through ball, the cross field ball and the ball over the top but most importantly the right ball.  Too often we lack inspiration and creativity. 

The reason I don’t think we will win the league is because in games like that today the tarriers generally get the job done. Something in their mentality, whether it’s a player willing to try something adventurous or more common than not a bit of luck, they seem to be able to beat that low block and actually score 2 or 3 we just cannot handle teams that do that to us, especially away from home and teams know it. 

9 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

One system doesn’t fit all in any league.  What we need to do is be able to play the long ball, the short ball, the through ball, the cross field ball and the ball over the top but most importantly the right ball.  Too often we lack inspiration and creativity. 

Exactly right and something we are missing. If that's not rectified we're toast.

25 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

The scum have their off days like last week. We never capatalise. That has been shamful about SGs Rangers in league games. We also never harang refs for just about anything. The scum do it in groups so the refs find it hard to book 

Alfredo today did what hes done for 3 years. Threw a tantrum at the ref and got booked. That was deplorable. Not just because it was him doing the time honoured torn face. What was worse. No one else backed him up. No pressure on this ref. No other players angry with any other players. Not giving a fuck look on all their faces 

Composure, winning mentality, guts and bravery are all qualities missing from this lot. Tav, Goldson, Jack,Kamara  Alfredo are all the worst offenders for me 

And they are all the first guaranteed pics 😞  

Davie Robertson, Gough, Stuart mccoll, mccoist and Hately. Jesus fucking wept 

There are the easy targets outwith this group. Guys that don't play much. Yet it's this lot that should be doing more.,learning more but ultimately keep letting us down in these "capatisation games" if you like 

They are true bottle merchants 

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The scum have their off days like last week. We never capatalise. That has been shamful about SGs Rangers in league games. We also never harang refs for just about anything. The scum do it in groups so the refs find it hard to book 

Alfredo today did what hes done for 3 years. Threw a tantrum at the ref and got booked. That was deplorable. Not just because it was him doing the time honoured torn face. What was worse. No one else backed him up. No pressure on this ref. No other players angry with any other players. Not giving a fuck look on all their faces 

Composure, winning mentality, guts and bravery are all qualities missing from this lot. Tav, Goldson, Jack,Kamara  Alfredo are all the worst offenders for me 

Davie Robertson, Gough, Stuart mccoll, mccoist and Hately. Jesus fucking wept 

There are the easy targets outwith this group. Guys that don't play much. Yet it's this lot that should be doing more.,learning more but ultimately keep letting us down in these "capatisation games" if you like 

They are true bottle merchants 

Can't argue with any of that. Worrying.

33 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Great stats those. 3 shots on fuckin target. And with that much of the ball thats a disgrace.

10 minutes ago, dee9 said:

I'm actually more convinced than ever after today that this squad are not capable of winning the title.

They seem so fragile mentally.

Hope I'm wrong but I doubt I am.

Nothing's changed from last season.

12 minutes ago, dee9 said:

I'm actually more convinced than ever after today that this squad are not capable of winning the title.

They seem so fragile mentally.

Hope I'm wrong but I doubt I am.

You aint wrong. Give this team a target, go 11 points clear for example, and they will blow it. Every single fuckin time. You can bank on it.

35 minutes ago, OhW said:

A few days ago I questioned whether our full backs were getting on a bit to play in our system, and you were one of the people who ridiculed me. 

They shouldnt be losing pace at 28. I think the issue may be we shouldnt be relying on the full backs to give us width. Maybe the system aint great.  Tav actually played ok today as well. Cant really be fucked with this full backs providing all the width thing, get proper decent wingers to do that. Every cunt thinks theyre cafu now and unless theyre really good its a bit of a waste of time.

4 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

You aint wrong. Give this team a target, go 11 points clear for example, and they will blow it. Every single fuckin time. You can bank on it.

You sadly can and they would 

It’s all very well talking them up ,like we have done past few seasons ,not being bedwetters etc .Yet the facts are there .They consistently let us down .I honestly think this group will struggle to win a trophy .And if the same group played for the next 5 years .The scum would probably win another 5 trebles .Sometimes you just have to be realistic .

Breaks your heart saying this but deep down most of us know it’s true 

59 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck off Kirk man :lol:

Played 3 utter shite teams, and Aberdeen without their first choice strikers, anybody happy with 10 points from that 12 are losers.

Trying to down play our previous results isn't the best argument mate. 

49 minutes ago, HG5 said:

We had a bit of a free hit today, thanks to the tarriers’ problems.

It was a chance to lay down a maker & say ‘catch us if you can’.

The opposition’s plans disrupted by the imminent loss of their star striker.

Instead, we gave back the 2 point advantage we’d suddenly been given, on the first occasion we didn’t have the safety blanket of our own stadium.

This for me, had a great chance to put some pressure on the tarriers, but made a balls of it.

Having said that and to answer the OP, most of us know we can still win the league but results like this just make it much more difficult and a few more like today and we will soon be playing catch up, that for me is just being realistic knowing how our team can buckle under pressure. 

47 minutes ago, OhW said:

Well they shouldn't be but I have noticed a slight difference in tav.

Archived