Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

4 minutes ago, CharlieHamilton said:

When is our deal up with 32red? 

I think there's a while to run - we just renewed last year.

It's absolutely bogging having a betting company as our sponsor in this day and age. I'd happily see the club take less money for a more ethical sponsor, or just charge us £20 more for replica kits that were sponsorless.

Just now, esquire8 said:

The 70s electric fireplace 3rd kit is more red than orange but pretty spot on according to some club partner guy. The home and away kits are just okay. The boxt logo is now an outline rather than solid box. 

Wait, the fireplace kit is actually accurate?

Just now, esquire8 said:

So he says. Apart from like all the sponsors n logos the actual design is accurate but more red than orange.

Fucking knew it was.  When it first got posted and 4lads said it was close but not that and the designs were "fun", knew it was going to be that.

Like when our kits all got leaked and Castore point blank denied it. 

Doesn't bode well that the home and away are "just okay" either.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

Fucking knew it was.  When it first got posted and 4lads said it was close but not that and the designs were "fun", knew it was going to be that.

Like when our kits all got leaked and Castore point blank denied it. 

Doesn't bode well that the home and away are "just okay" either.

It's the last year of Castore deciding the kits. Club decide in the final year.

I dislike the fact that Castore seem to just copy old kits but I then criticise when it’s something different - even if it’s not the fireplace top above (which is fucking horrendous btw) so they can’t win with me 😂 If ‘radical’ with the home kit, I’d prefer they changed the shade of blue to a darker royal blue (like the 80s and 90s tops) but I’d expect a copy of a top from the 90s.

In saying that, I thought the white 150th top was outstanding and we wore it once. 

It’s just amateur hour again that they don’t release the top immediately as the season ends to maximise sales when we all go on holidays! 

10 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I dislike the fact that Castore seem to just copy old kits but I then criticise when it’s something different - even if it’s not the fireplace top above (which is fucking horrendous btw) so they can’t win with me 😂 If ‘radical’ with the home kit, I’d prefer they changed the shade of blue to a darker royal blue (like the 80s and 90s tops) but I’d expect a copy of a top from the 90s.

In saying that, I thought the white 150th top was outstanding and we wore it once. 

It’s just amateur hour again that they don’t release the top immediately as the season ends to maximise sales when we all go on holidays! 

The best kits Castore have made, were never actually for wear during a normal season.

The legends kit and the 150th anniversary kits are two of the best that Castore has done.

And we didn't use them as home away or third, because Castore stupidly thought the other kits were better.

I fucking hate it, but at least it’s something different. 

Starting to get fatigued by the “we will make an orange third tap and make a fortune” attitude that seems to have been around for a few years.

I also hate that we release fourth kits that just never get registered or used (except in friendlies where nobody gives a fuck). See if the team don’t play in it, call it a training top and be done with it.

Having said that, one time we played in a training top in a Europa league qualifier, looked like right fucking amateur cunts.

43 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I fucking hate it, but at least it’s something different. 

Starting to get fatigued by the “we will make an orange third tap and make a fortune” attitude that seems to have been around for a few years.

I also hate that we release fourth kits that just never get registered or used (except in friendlies where nobody gives a fuck). See if the team don’t play in it, call it a training top and be done with it.

Having said that, one time we played in a training top in a Europa league qualifier, looked like right fucking amateur cunts.

Weren't the fourth kits used on league duty this season and last?

5 minutes ago, Assegai said:

The fourth kits always get used once or twice. The white 150th kit was the only “official” kit that never got used. 

12 minutes ago, Assegai said:

The fourth kit didn’t get used in the league at all this season- it was worn once only in the Leverkusen friendly.

5 minutes ago, SPWF said:

The fourth kits always get used once or twice. The white 150th kit was the only “official” kit that never got used. 

Last year the white kit got worn once in the league against Dundee and had sponsors plastered all over it when we were told it wouldn’t.

IMG_1854.webp

20 minutes ago, Bydo said:

The fourth kit didn’t get used in the league at all this season- it was worn once only in the Leverkusen friendly.

Last year the white kit got worn once in the league against Dundee and had sponsors plastered all over it when we were told it wouldn’t.

IMG_1854.webp

I’ve not memory of this. I remember we were told we’d wear it, against Aberdeen I think, then the players wore it to warm up because we hadn’t registered it?