Alfredo, the press and the Rangers family

Soldier blue

5 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

If you can’t remember another Rangers Player getting as much negative press I’m guessing you’re too young to remember Gaza?

The guys still getting negative press, they’ll not leave him alone.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alfie has ran his course with us. In my opinion there is no way back for him. He has been brilliant for us, but we have also been brilliant for him. His attitude has been shite at times despite being idolised by the fans and molly coddled by the Management. As much as we all jumped in at times to defend him, his disciplinary record is pish poor. Yes he has had a hard time on occasion from the media but he did himself no favours skulking about and getting involved in skirmishes with hammer throwers. His sending off at the piggery in December was a classic example where he should have been putting us 3:1 up but chose to take a dive instead. Hopefully we still get decent money for him and he moves on quickly for everybody’s sake. I wish him well but he’ll never play for a bigger club than us whilst his arse points at the ground. 

9 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

If you can’t remember another Rangers Player getting as much negative press I’m guessing you’re too young to remember Gaza?

I watched documentary on Gazza  last night. Fuck me, that lad went through some fucking shite. Having his phone hacked by the fucking press and him having to question his mum and dad if they leaked stuff. Soul destroying for him. Hope he stays strong and can stay with us for a long time. The stories he has and hearing from Lineker as well were great. What a talent he was. 

3 minutes ago, josmc said:

Alfie has ran his course with us. In my opinion there is no way back for him. He has been brilliant for us, but we have also been brilliant for him. His attitude has been shite at times despite being idolised by the fans and molly coddled by the Management. As much as we all jumped in at times to defend him, his disciplinary record is pish poor. Yes he has had a hard time on occasion from the media but he did himself no favours skulking about and getting involved in skirmishes with hammer throwers. His sending off at the piggery in December was a classic example where he should have been putting us 3:1 up but chose to take a dive instead. Hopefully we still get decent money for him and he moves on quickly for everybody’s sake. I wish him well but he’ll never play for a bigger club than us whilst his arse points at the ground. 

D022DA1D-43C5-42D2-AB87-892D5E3F49F8.gif.31dbc6ee104555b18dcfa850163dbce5.gif

4 hours ago, Soldier blue said:

This is the first time I have started a topic on here but I have been saddened by some of the comments on here of late so here goes.

I believe that AM has been a good servant to our club.  He has always been honest that he viewed us as a stepping stone to enhance his career, many of us diehard Rangers fans would say that he already plays for the best club in the world but he is Coulumbian and had probably never heard of Rangers before he joined.  He has, generally,  performed very well for us and at times carried the team in Europe.  On top of that he was a bargain, thanks go to JJ, and he will undoubtably multiply our outlay x15 or more.  Looking good so far.

I have never witnessed a player in Scotland be subjected to the abuse, victimisation and negative attention that AM has endured from the MSM up here.  I won’t credit them by naming them but we all know the main offenders.  A prime example appeared in today’s press.  The article is, in my opinion, pure fiction as the tosser that wrote it would be amongst the last people on earth to obtain access to inside information at Ibrox.  So basically another litany of lies and sensationalism intended to tarnish AM.  He, like his fellow tossers, don’t care that it is the antipathy of good journalism as it plays to the majority in this cesspit who hate our club.  They like to believe that they are relevant and controversy achieves that in their view, even if it’s complete fantasy.  Our very own ‘The Dude’ is a good example of a journo who likes to be controversial,  without that they disappear.  He does get some brownie points for his occasional pro-Rangers articles unlike the MSM.

What has saddened me is that a minority of our fans are now turning against AM.  He feels it’s time to move on, I agree.  I have never seen any reports of him sitting in his own pish eating chips, taking drugs, charged with assault, battering his missus or gambling away his wages.  I have seen  real evidence of him looking after the poor people in the country he was raised, you know, remembering where he came from and giving back.  Nobody outside Ibrox knows for sure what is going on with Alfie.  It is clear that he has had his head turned, not the first and won’t be the last and no reason for any Rangers fan to be adding to the abuse he has endured from the toxic Scottish press.  They will be pleased and feel ‘job done’.  I do wonder who will be their next victim in our team though?

I hope Alfie goes and has a great career, he has the ability.  He will go with my thanks for some great memories and hopefully that will be the same for the majority of our fans.  Hopefully the minority who are turning against him can see the whole picture.

If he goes for 15-20 Mil then fair dues, look at the investment Liverpool made with the Coutinho money, a few more pounds for a few more players is always good for me.

Alfie was never going to stay, he was working his ticket to get into the EPL which is strange why he is going to Lille (if he does) but the way he is treated up here is so shit I don't blame the lad and wish him all the best.

2 minutes ago, Malvern said:

If he goes for 15-20 Mil then fair dues, look at the investment Liverpool made with the Coutinho money, a few more pounds for a few more players is always good for me.

Alfie was never going to stay, he was working his ticket to get into the EPL which is strange why he is going to Lille (if he does) but the way he is treated up here is so shit I don't blame the lad and wish him all the best.

Does well in France and an English team will pick him up. 

Arsenal in for a Lille player today for 27 million 

5 hours ago, AljayBoy said:

The fact he's had an undeservedly tough time from the so called Scottish 'journalists' doesn't excuse that in his three years here we've had about one and a half season's worth of good performances. This is because he's either suspended for behaving like a spoiled brat; or in the huff wanting to leave/get a new contract, of which he's had two improved contracts.

I hope he goes this window for the 20mil the board are holding out for, and there's about 6 or 7 weeks of the window to go so plenty of time. During which I want Itten and Roofe to be banging them in to show Morelos he'll need to work hard to either get back in the team or earn his move.

Tell me a player in the last 3 years who has been outstanding the full season? Even Allan Mcgregor who’s a top keeper has had his moments where you think wtf is he thinking

aye he’s made a cunt of a good few things while he’s been here but so has every other player in our squad not a single player has been at his best every season in the last 3 and the real reason we haven’t laid a glove on the tarriers come may, Morelos’ behaviour alone hasn’t cost us a league, far better players than Morelos, who have played for us in the past wouldn’t have won us a league title playing in our team in the last 3 years not gazza, laudrup, fuck not even messi would have won us the league 

some players hampered our chances at certain points and Alfredo is as guilty as any but certainly wasn’t the only one, and even if he was a model professional we still wouldn’t have won the title, far too many passengers and still too many I fear, tell ye what but he bailed his teammates out on several occasions aswell but too many ppl seem forget about that Now

he’ll be off soon and a lot of ppl on here will be happy but it will be a while before another 1m player makes us the return he will, even if it’s closer to 15m than 20m we want

To be digging in his heels and stropping about when he knows how important a season this is for the fans i don't see why he deserves respect when he isn't showing any he's signed till 2023 yet he's acting like it's the last year of his contract and we are just hanging onto him for the sake of it.

This should have been sorted out weeks ago, any bid over 16 million should have been accepted with add ons and a good sell on fee, sometimes you need to cut your losses and move on for the greater good of the club if this shit disrupts our campaign then we could end up losing more in the long run than a few million. 

This could drag on till October, hopefully Arsenal buying one of their players speeds things up considerably. 

8 hours ago, Soldier blue said:

This is the first time I have started a topic on here but I have been saddened by some of the comments on here of late so here goes.

I believe that AM has been a good servant to our club.  He has always been honest that he viewed us as a stepping stone to enhance his career, many of us diehard Rangers fans would say that he already plays for the best club in the world but he is Coulumbian and had probably never heard of Rangers before he joined.  He has, generally,  performed very well for us and at times carried the team in Europe.  On top of that he was a bargain, thanks go to JJ, and he will undoubtably multiply our outlay x15 or more.  Looking good so far.

I have never witnessed a player in Scotland be subjected to the abuse, victimisation and negative attention that AM has endured from the MSM up here.  I won’t credit them by naming them but we all know the main offenders.  A prime example appeared in today’s press.  The article is, in my opinion, pure fiction as the tosser that wrote it would be amongst the last people on earth to obtain access to inside information at Ibrox.  So basically another litany of lies and sensationalism intended to tarnish AM.  He, like his fellow tossers, don’t care that it is the antipathy of good journalism as it plays to the majority in this cesspit who hate our club.  They like to believe that they are relevant and controversy achieves that in their view, even if it’s complete fantasy.  Our very own ‘The Dude’ is a good example of a journo who likes to be controversial,  without that they disappear.  He does get some brownie points for his occasional pro-Rangers articles unlike the MSM.

What has saddened me is that a minority of our fans are now turning against AM.  He feels it’s time to move on, I agree.  I have never seen any reports of him sitting in his own pish eating chips, taking drugs, charged with assault, battering his missus or gambling away his wages.  I have seen  real evidence of him looking after the poor people in the country he was raised, you know, remembering where he came from and giving back.  Nobody outside Ibrox knows for sure what is going on with Alfie.  It is clear that he has had his head turned, not the first and won’t be the last and no reason for any Rangers fan to be adding to the abuse he has endured from the toxic Scottish press.  They will be pleased and feel ‘job done’.  I do wonder who will be their next victim in our team though?

I hope Alfie goes and has a great career, he has the ability.  He will go with my thanks for some great memories and hopefully that will be the same for the majority of our fans.  Hopefully the minority who are turning against him can see the whole picture.

Really? Fuck off!

8 hours ago, Soldier blue said:

Thread of 2020. Well fucking said. Nothing I could add to that.

Nail/Head. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

3 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Does well in France and an English team will pick him up. 

Arsenal in for a Lille player today for 27 million 

Some French teams are paying close to premiership players wages and the Scottish press down there might not get reported as much as it does up here, but I guarantee that his "reputation " has 100% been spoken about in football circles. The taigs are apparently getting offered £30m for that dembele replacement. 

4 hours ago, Swally said:

The guys still getting negative press, they’ll not leave him alone.

It's worse than that. Gets bottles of vodka left on his doorstep with the hope of getting a picture of him looking rough in the morning with a bottle in his hand. 

Got to be one of the scummiest things I've ever heard of.  

I was talking to a neighbour of a friend who is a Killie supporter just after the Livingston game. He told me that he hates playing against us because he genuinely fears whenever Killie take the field against Morelos, because wee Alfie is going to lose his heed and seriously injure one of his players. Asked him who Alfredo has ever injured and he told me that he stomped on McKenna, injured Christie and "tried to do that other wee boy" from a team he couldn't remember. Couldn't tell me what injury McKenna had or how exactly he injured Christie, he just insists that Alfie is dangerous and shouldn't be allowed on a pitch. This is MSM programming in full effect. Isn't the first person I've talked to who has said this kind of pish. The press have been very successful with their narrative.

14 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

I was talking to a neighbour of a friend who is a Killie supporter just after the Livingston game. He told me that he hates playing against us because he genuinely fears whenever Killie take the field against Morelos, because wee Alfie is going to lose his heed and seriously injure one of his players. Asked him who Alfredo has ever injured and he told me that he stomped on McKenna, injured Christie and "tried to do that other wee boy" from a team he couldn't remember. Couldn't tell me what injury McKenna had or how exactly he injured Christie, he just insists that Alfie is dangerous and shouldn't be allowed on a pitch. This is MSM programming in full effect. Isn't the first person I've talked to who has said this kind of pish. The press have been very successful with their narrative.

Cunt has a cheek trying to accuse Morelos of attempting to injure players...

1_Ryan-Jack.jpg

15 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

You should have punched fuck out of him

Archived