Graeme Murty

G.E.C.

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

When was this with HR? 

As for Halliday, wee shame his feelings got hurt n he took pelters n all that for the poor, wee boy but he seemed to think jogging around the centre circle for 40 minutes like a slower Forrest Gump was good enough that day. Tough shit. 

Are you Murty’s Da? 

If you know fuck all about it don’t comment, it was reported widely that HR were involved and people had the book thrown at them to the extent their futures were then tarnished at the club. I’ve heard interviews from various players saying what happened in the dressing room that day was a completely normal thing. You must be another snowflake that can’t handle a few home truths being banded around the dressing room. Managers job to deal with it and he couldn’t handle it. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

And we still can’t get them bedded in our first team 

🤷‍♂️

Cant do much when the manager is raving about some of them then refuses to play them.

Gerrard has hailed McCrorie as a future captain. How many others has Gerrard publicly praised yet refused to play regularly? McPake, Patterson, Kennedy, Palmer, Kelly, Mayo, Middleton, Barjonas, Rudden and probably a couple more.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tell me more about your interactions with him and experience of seeing him work closely with the Academy players.

Wit 😂. Don’t need to interact with him and don’t particularly care if you have. 

I seen his management skills with my own eyes for far too many games. The guy done a handstand whilst Dundee turned us over. The guy is an idiot. 

44 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Are you Murty’s Da? 

If you know fuck all about it don’t comment, it was reported widely that HR were involved and people had the book thrown at them to the extent their futures were then tarnished at the club. I’ve heard interviews from various players saying what happened in the dressing room that day was a completely normal thing. You must be another snowflake that can’t handle a few home truths being banded around the dressing room. Managers job to deal with it and he couldn’t handle it. 

Why are you so defensive? 😂 

Did my comments about wee Andy upset you? 

50 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Are you Murty’s Da? 

Weird that you've not mentioned that those same players have all said Murty wasn't in the dressing room at the time. 

14 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Wit 😂. Don’t need to interact with him and don’t particularly care if you have. 

I seen his management skills with my own eyes for far too many games. The guy done a handstand whilst Dundee turned us over. The guy is an idiot. 

So you seen him in a role which is a million miles away from the ones he's in now? 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Weird that you've not mentioned that those same players have all said Murty wasn't in the dressing room at the time. 

Never read that anywhere. Heard plenty of open goal interviews with various players over that period and without fail Ferry always asks them about that incident, never heard any of them say Murty wasn’t there or that anything that isn’t a completely normal dressing heated conversation took place. Murty wasn’t manager material enough to deal with what unfolded. 

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Never read that anywhere. Heard plenty of open goal interviews with various players over that period and without fail Ferry always asks them about that incident, never heard any of them say Murty wasn’t there or that anything that isn’t a completely normal dressing heated conversation took place. Murty wasn’t manager material enough to deal with what unfolded. 

They've all said it, Murty even said it immediately after the game iirc. 

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Cant do much when the manager is raving about some of them then refuses to play them.

Gerrard has hailed McCrorie as a future captain. How many others has Gerrard publicly praised yet refused to play regularly? McPake, Patterson, Kennedy, Palmer, Kelly, Mayo, Middleton, Barjonas, Rudden and probably a couple more.

All part of youth development that. Manager giving these players confidence publicly is key to that. 

I think Patterson will end up a key player for us. 

Just now, ChampionsAgain said:

All part of youth development that. Manager giving these players confidence publicly is key to that. 

I think Patterson will end up a key player for us. 

Does calling them the next big think then refusing to play them give them confidence? Certainly didn't seem to work with Ross McCrorie. 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hopefully in 10 year time we'll all have forgotten the likes of Murty, Halliday, Wallace and this era of utter shite in general. 

Keyword there being hopefully. 

Wallace will be remembered forever 

16 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Fuck Graeme Murty.

Snivelling runt.

No more Murty masks then?

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They've all said it, Murty even said it immediately after the game iirc. 

“There was anger, frustration, all the sorts of emotion you would expect from a changing room that has just gone through that," he added.

"There should be frustration and anger, it is just about turning that into positives and energy to power you through to the end of the season, rather than allow it to be disruptive."

direct quote from Murty. I’m no rocket scientist but it sounds like he was in the dressing room to me. 

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Quote...

talking nonsense because I remember him clearly saying something along the lines of it was a ‘very emotional and angry dressing room’ 

You've literally just quoted part of it. He said there was no point in going in to try and discuss the game immediately afterwards because there was an emotional and angry dressing room.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He’s certainly not going to slate any youngsters publicly that’s for sure. No decent manager would. 

but more so was your comment about several boards, managers and people under him all rave about him -  my point being they can rave all they like but it means fuck all if we have nothing to see from his actions.  

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s certainly not going to slate any youngsters publicly that’s for sure. No decent manager would. 

but more so was your comment about several boards, managers and people under him all rave about him -  my point being they can rave all they like but it means fuck all if we have nothing to see from his actions.  

There's only so much he can do if the the first-team manager won't play Academy players.

Gerrard doesn't need to slate young players - far from it - but he can easily avoid building them up before refusing to play them to any meaningful degree.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You've literally just quoted part of it. He said there was no point in going in to try and discuss the game immediately afterwards because there was an emotional and angry dressing room.

It clearly states in black and white from his own interview that he WAS in the dressing room and you’re still trying to argue that he wasn’t present? You stated he wasn’t there. He clearly was. 

and you wonder how you get into so many arguments and butt heads with other posters. 

6 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

It clearly states in black and white from his own interview that he WAS in the dressing room and you’re still trying to argue that he wasn’t present? You stated he wasn’t there. He clearly was. 

and you wonder how you get into so many arguments and butt heads with other posters. 

He wasn't present when it all kicked off. The quote you've lifted doesn't contradict that at all.

17 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I get into so many arguments and butt heads because people hate the fact that I'm usually right. Like I am here.

"There was no bust up. Murts  wasn't even in the dressing room"

Archived