Graeme Murty

G.E.C.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stepped up with very little experience not once but twice. He was never going to make it but alot of that is not down to him as far more experienced managers with much more backing in the transfer market also failed.

For a time I thought we had fluked out way to a decent manager but sometimes management doesn't work out like that because in a completely different era under completely different circumstances he could easily have been a success. Some new managers inherit a decent groupof established players who are already winners. Murty didn't have that luxury.

Hopefully things work out for him going forward. I still don't think the fire in his belly when he said he wanted to be our manager full time has fully extinguished.

11 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Surprised such pricks are still at the club under Gerrards reign , he doesn’t suffer fools gladly I’ll give him that 

I'm led to believe he isn't wanted here hence the move to get him off the training pitch and away from direct work with the players. Not sure why we can't just bin him, he's been moved all over the place the last few years. 

Gotta admit I like the guy.

Never a Rangers manager, but never claimed to be and was never comfortable in the role. He felt compelled/obliged. 

Mind a few years ago there was 3 of us over for unders match in Alkmaar (2-2 dodgy ref gave them a penalty last minute that never was to even the score) - the notorious midget linesman game - some of my pictures done the rounds on social media.

After the game he ensured we got a seat on the team bus and rode to the airport with the team and were made to feel very, very welcome as well. 

I've got a lot of respect for people like him (and Craig Mulholland) who arrange little touches like that - and they always make a point of coming over and saying hello whenever I see him (again likewise Mulholland)

However, I've no idea what happened that day at Hampden with him, Miller and Wallace. If there's a credible version of events that emerge from a solid source I'll maybe reconsider my stance on him but until then I can't say anything bad about the guy - other than he was never a Rangers manager (although there was some good memories - the 1-1 at Peadodome and the Florida Cup - but there was too many disasters to go along with that).

Archived