Should have been a red

Vision

Not surprised at all. Said in the match thread at the time I didn't think it was a red and took pelters for it. The frozen image people keep sharing makes it look 10x worse than it was also.

I dare say if he did get a straight red for it at the time it would have been overturned on appeal anyway.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Not surprised at all. Said in the match thread at the time I didn't think it was a red and took pelters for it. The frozen image people keep sharing makes it look 10x worse than it was also.

I dare say if he did get a straight red for it at the time it would have been overturned on appeal anyway.

Bollocks.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's not though. It wasn't even the worst tackle in that game.

Last season Cosgrove was sent off against celtic despite winning the ball and not even touching a celtic player.  They said he was ‘out of control’ and could’ve hurt someone.  It’s they way they play fast and loose with the interpretation of the rules.  You see the tackles going in on Roofe and Morelos and nothing happens.  Yet our players are constantly given yellow cards for the slightest thing.

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It is bollocks though. 

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play. ... Brutal actions involving excessive force (violence, endangering the safety of an opponent) must always result in a red card!

Challenge

Endangers opponent

= serious foul play

Serious foul play = red card

Which part are you disputing?

This is the one Cosgrove was sent off for last season.  He wins the ball and barely touches Ajer.  But, it’s deemed dangerous and a straight red is handed out.  Christie done the exact same thing during the Old Firm at Parkhead and nothing happened (Clancy was red).  Even this season some cunt went straight in to Roofe and almost injured him on his debut - Nothing happens!  It’s the lack of consistency that we can’t have.  Even the whole compliance officer process seems like a questionable.  Where was the compliance officer.  They’re just making it up as they go along.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

This is the one Cosgrove was sent off for last season.  He wins the ball and barely touches Ajer.  But, it’s deemed dangerous and a straight red is handed out.  Christie done the exact same thing during the Old Firm at Parkhead and nothing happened (Clancy was red).  Even this season some cunt went straight in to Roofe and almost injured him on his debut - Nothing happens!  It’s the lack of consistency that we can’t have.  Even the whole compliance officer process seems like a questionable.  Where was the compliance officer.  They’re just making it up as they go along.

Ajer’s rolling about is fucking embarrassing. What a gimp 😂

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's one of their worst for trying to deliberately get opponents into bother with refs.

Complete bellend.

Scott Brown does it too and we’re told it’s “gamesmanship”.  It’s okay for some to do it, but not others.

41 minutes ago, TMB said:

FullSizeRender.mov 18.9 MB · 4 downloads

That looked bad initially, but slow Mo shows he got the ball cleanly. Pity the way Ajer was rolling around you'd think his leg was barely hanging on.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Bullshit mate, Edwards had one thought in mind and that was to take Morelos out. It was a straight red whatever bollocks that prick Dermot Gallagher on Sky says and whatever crap a handpicked panel of celtic fans say in Scotland.

Clancy was intent on letting Utd try to injure Rangers players throughout that game and it was so obvious that even celtic fans I know have said it should have been a red card. When they're on our side you know it's bad.

11 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

Bullshit mate, Edwards had one thought in mind and that was to take Morelos out. It was a straight red whatever bollocks that prick Dermot Gallagher on Sky says and whatever crap a handpicked panel of celtic fans say in Scotland.

Clancy was intent on letting Utd try to injure Rangers players throughout that game and it was so obvious that even celtic fans I know have said it should have been a red card. When they're on our side you know it's bad.

Nonsense.

52 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Worse than a straight leg studs up above the knee? 

I'd say so.

One was a follow through after winning the ball. The other was a reckless lunge from behind.

9 times out of 10 it's the person on the receiving end of the latter that comes off worse so yes, that's more dangerous.

13 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Mate come on, he’s taken a literal chunk out his leg

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'd say so.

One was a follow through after winning the ball. The other was a reckless lunge from behind.

9 times out of 10 it's the person on the receiving end of the latter that comes off worse so yes, that's more dangerous.

A follow through after winning the ball?

He deliberately left a straight leg in above the knee, slightly lower and Alfie was looking at potential knee ligament damage, that’s endangering an opponent deliberate or not. In my view 100% deliberate and he could have pulled back and apologised for it. He done neither. And the Pawlett one just confirms it should have been two reds and Clancy is even more corrupt 👍

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It is bollocks though. 

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play. ... Brutal actions involving excessive force (violence, endangering the safety of an opponent) must always result in a red card!

Challenge

Endangers opponent

= serious foul play

Serious foul play = red card

Which part are you disputing?

@LaudrupsPatrickBoots

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

A follow through after winning the ball?

He deliberately left a straight leg in above the knee, slightly lower and Alfie was looking at potential knee ligament damage, that’s endangering an opponent deliberate or not. In my view 100% deliberate and he could have pulled back and apologised for it. He done neither. And the Pawlett one just confirms it should have been two reds and Clancy is even more corrupt 👍

That's exactly what it was mate.

I've watched it multiple times, similar to Jack on Stevie May which he was sent off for, wrongly imo.

I've seen it called a stamp and all sorts on here since the weekend which is just hysteria.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's exactly what it was mate.

I've watched it multiple times, similar to Jack on Stevie May which he was sent off for, wrongly imo.

I've seen it called a stamp and all sorts on here since the weekend which is just hysteria.

A follow through and your leg bends in the motion of retraction. 

It doesn’t remain straight unless you make it do that. 

Come on man. 

And Edit

If you didn’t mean it and hit your opponent that high leaving a hole in his leg you would always apologise and see how he is doing, Edwards stood back admiring his work. Scumbag.

Archived