Should have been a red

Vision

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 3 man panel of former officials. Aye right. A 3 man panel of celtic season ticket holders hand picked by Peter. 

Absolute disgrace that no action was taken at the time, but this is just blatant corruption and they are rubbing it right in our faces. We better put a statement out condemning this. 

But they have chosen to fine a DU player for not wearing a mask in a taxi......

It was clearly a straight red, whichever colour of tinted spectacles you choose to wear. Unless of course they happened to be tinted a sicky colour of green then it's a fair challenge and another sneaky wee two fingers up to Morelos just to keep him unsettled.

Yes, they all seem to be playing their part quite well.

Their clearly is a justice system used for and against Morelos in this country

What is more astonishing is the inconsistency with these scenarios.....remember they upheld the red card for Ryan Jack against Aberdeen....as pointed out at the weekend the Edwards challenge was similar but probably more dangerous due to the height he raised his boot....if this challenge is deemed not punishable then Ryan Jack has been treated shabbily by the compliance team....deep down we all know that it is Morelos who is being let down by the authorities in this country 

I have repeated this on many occasions that Morelos gets fuck all protection from the refs in this country, the night he got booked against Ayr was a disgrace.....centre half goes through the back and hits him a dull one.....no foul given (think it was madden ) Morelos punches the ground in anger at the decision.....yellow card Morelos.....the Scottish cup tie at Pittodrie.....Morelos got booted and pulled all over the park that day....I swear the only foul I remember him being awarded was in the 90th minute of the game....even walker in commentary said that Morelos had been booted all over the pitch by Considine & McKenna.....yip Clancy was the ref that day and the obligatory yellow card was handed out to Morelos for diving......for Clancy too not even give a foul on Saturday for that tackle but deemed Morelos tiny barge against brown a yellow card further emphasises the problem Morelos has to endure from these wankers of officials & the compliance team

19 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

What is more astonishing is the inconsistency with these scenarios.....remember they upheld the red card for Ryan Jack against Aberdeen....as pointed out at the weekend the Edwards challenge was similar but probably more dangerous due to the height he raised his boot....if this challenge is deemed not punishable then Ryan Jack has been treated shabbily by the compliance team....deep down we all know that it is Morelos who is being let down by the authorities in this country 

I have repeated this on many occasions that Morelos gets fuck all protection from the refs in this country, the night he got booked against Ayr was a disgrace.....centre half goes through the back and hits him a dull one.....no foul given (think it was madden ) Morelos punches the ground in anger at the decision.....yellow card Morelos.....the Scottish cup tie at Pittodrie.....Morelos got booted and pulled all over the park that day....I swear the only foul I remember him being awarded was in the 90th minute of the game....even walker in commentary said that Morelos had been booted all over the pitch by Considine & McKenna.....yip Clancy was the ref that day and the obligatory yellow card was handed out to Morelos for diving......for Clancy too not even give a foul on Saturday for that tackle but deemed Morelos tiny barge against brown a yellow card further emphasises the problem Morelos has to endure from these wankers of officials & the compliance team

The new defence to the comment that Morelos gets refereed differently is ,Well he gets away with stuff too .

The only stuff he gets away with is the stuff that’s highlighted to death in the media and that hasn’t happened for a long time .

Our wonderful media had Morelos charged and guilty for incidents in the game against the peados at Ibrox at the end of 2018 ,now they will say he got away with stuff their ,but by fuck has he been hung out to dry since ,Every misdemeanour is carded 

33 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I assume the bar and panel process for rescinding a red card is the same for trying to apply one retrospectively (unanimity amongst the panel), so it makes sense that Jack's one wasn't rescinded but Edwards wasn't given a red card.

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This may be the tipping point if Morelos was unsure about staying or not.

There is no consistency within the game.

They have basically set a precedent by saying you can tackle studs up as long as you get a bit of the ball.

Who can blame Alfie for wanting away? 

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I assume the bar and panel process for rescinding a red card is the same for trying to apply one retrospectively (unanimity amongst the panel), so it makes sense that Jack's one wasn't rescinded but Edwards wasn't given a red card.

No idea m8....I wouldn't be surprised if they have 7 or 8 ex refs employed and they pick 3 as they see fit for each case....it would certainly fit the agenda why their is differing outcomes to similar incidents 

If you win the ball and then injure a Rangers player that is no red card and no action is taken.

If you are in possession of the ball and pass it and your momentum follows through and injures an opponent and you play for Rangers that is a red card.

The disciplinary set up in Scottish football is a shambles.

Just now, hammer93 said:

No idea m8....I wouldn't be surprised if they have 7 or 8 ex refs employed and they pick 3 as they see fit for each case....it would certainly fit the agenda why their is differing outcomes to similar incidents 

What I'm saying is that its not surprising these things happen:

Jack incident - Perhaps 2 agreed it should be overturned, 1 didn't - therefore it stood.

Alfie incident - Perhaps 2 agreed it should be a red card, 1 didn't - therefore no retrospective red.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Pretty sure the Ryan Jack red card for a similar tackle was appealed and appeal denied .

Yup and if memory serves me right, every man and their dug defended jack on here, 

For me jacks wasn't a red and neither was the united boys, both yellow

3 man panel couldn’t make their mind up! So surely it must be 2\1 either for red card or not,is that not the reason it’s a panel of 3 in the first place so you actually get a decision one way or another. Yet again maybe they voted by email and one has disappeared.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What I'm saying is that its not surprising these things happen:

Jack incident - Perhaps 2 agreed it should be overturned, 1 didn't - therefore it stood.

Alfie incident - Perhaps 2 agreed it should be a red card, 1 didn't - therefore no retrospective red.

Which means clubs who get players carded (wrongly) are far more at risk than ones whose players get away with stuff on the park but face retrospective action.

Which penalises us as a club who constantly seemed to have players carded. Loaded against us like most other things in this shit hole.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Which means clubs who get players carded (wrongly) are far more at risk than ones whose players get away with stuff on the park but face retrospective action.

Which penalises us as a club who constantly seemed to have players carded. Loaded against us like most other things in this shit hole.

Have the majority of our appeals in the past few years not succeeded? Jack twice, Morelos twice. I think we have only lost two appeals - Morelos and Jack both against Aberdeen? I can't think of any others?

We've had a couple of wins and a couple of losses too on retrospective action, like Flanagan and Kent. Although no idea why we appealed Kent's one from Parkhead in the first place.

16 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Have the majority of our appeals in the past few years not succeeded? Jack twice, Morelos twice. I think we have only lost two appeals - Morelos and Jack both against Aberdeen? I can't think of any others?

We've had a couple of wins and a couple of losses too on retrospective action, like Flanagan and Kent. Although no idea why we appealed Kent's one from Parkhead in the first place.

The point stands as you made though. If it needs unanimity or the decision stands then a club getting players wrongly sent off has a difficult job correcting the wrong decision. And conversely one getting players off with things on field then have odds in favour of it not being reversed.

How awful the decision is imo the biggest factor in decisions getting overturned. Didnt apply today right enough.

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

3 man panel couldn’t make their mind up! So surely it must be 2\1 either for red card or not,is that not the reason it’s a panel of 3 in the first place so you actually get a decision one way or another. Yet again maybe they voted by email and one has disappeared.

3 man panel all have to be in agreement or it fails. 

It's really shit setup and should be majority rules. 

Not even a little bit surprised tbh.

Would actually have been astonished if the cunt did get a ban.

Regarding appeals we have won in the last couple of years, it doesn't change the fact we've had players wrongly sent off in certain games and had to play the remainder of said matches a man down.

It's not even just the sometimes ridiculous reds our players get (blowing kisses FFS) it's also the amount of yellows we pick up for incidents that opposition players don't even get spoken to for. All those joke yellows eventually lead to a suspension at some point in the season. 

The authorities have long since stopped trying to hide the shaftings we get on a regular basis. They don't even try to pretend anymore. 

13 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Not even a little bit surprised tbh.

Would actually have been astonished if the cunt did get a ban.

Regarding appeals we have won in the last couple of years, it doesn't change the fact we've had players wrongly sent off in certain games and had to play the remainder of said matches a man down.

It's not even just the sometimes ridiculous reds our players get (blowing kisses FFS) it's also the amount of yellows we pick up for incidents that opposition players don't even get spoken to for. All those joke yellows eventually lead to a suspension at some point in the season. 

The authorities have long since stopped trying to hide the shaftings we get on a regular basis. They don't even try to pretend anymore. 

Great points made. :thumbup:

Archived