Football Manager 2021

ForeverAndEver

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

What’s new about the match engine mate? Part of why I’ve lost the love of the game is because I feel like I concede/score the same goals and have done for about 12 years!

Everything. You want to play control possession? If your team is suited to it you will play controlled possession. You want fluid counter attack? No problem. Players always play how you have instructed them to, good or bad. And you see this in the match engine. Haven't seen goals being made and scored like this for years. Haven't seen defending like this for years. Sometimes just absolutely glorious to watch or hands over your eyes stuff. Just the best they've done probably ever.

Has to be seen to be believed.

3 hours ago, nik2402 said:

I know it's only the Beta version but it seems ridiculously easy so far. Only played a couple months so far and have won every game comfortably using a set fm tactic. Anyone else finding this?

The balance between strikers and defenders are being looked at by SI. Seen someone get a tactic where their main striker got 89 goals in a season. 

As you said it is a beta and they will make little tweaks here and there before the official release. 

The new match engine is fucking brilliant. Players actually behave how you would expect in a tactical set up, without having to second guess what player roles fuck up formations because of hard coded bull shit.

The new press conferences and team talks are a complete pain though. They have somehow managed to make them more annoying than what they were.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

The balance between strikers and defenders are being looked at by SI. Seen someone get a tactic where their main striker got 89 goals in a season

As you said it is a beta and they will make little tweaks here and there before the official release. 

Freddie got 40 in all comeptitions for me as i swept up all the trophies and made the QF of the Europa League before losing to Roma on away goals 😞

7 hours ago, nik2402 said:

I know it's only the Beta version but it seems ridiculously easy so far. Only played a couple months so far and have won every game comfortably using a set fm tactic. Anyone else finding this?

Im currently 46 games undefeated in domestic competion using my fm20 tactics. 

Ive only lost to  Leicester, Arsenal, Leverkusen and Roma. 

Started with Rangers as I always do but for the first time that I can remember, I really struggled.

Decided to go with an easier challenge to get me into it this year and went with Hearts.

Absolutely bodied the Championship. Got Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final and they are top of the Prem so think I'll have Europe next season?

Ryan Hardie and Liam Boyce have scored about 45 goals between them. Feel like one-on-ones have gone the opposite way this year and the majority go in. Just beat Invy 8-2 and it was 7-1 at half-time :lol:

22 hours ago, Johnsey said:

Started with Rangers as I always do but for the first time that I can remember, I really struggled.

Decided to go with an easier challenge to get me into it this year and went with Hearts.

Absolutely bodied the Championship. Got Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final and they are top of the Prem so think I'll have Europe next season?

Ryan Hardie and Liam Boyce have scored about 45 goals between them. Feel like one-on-ones have gone the opposite way this year and the majority go in. Just beat Invy 8-2 and it was 7-1 at half-time :lol:

Beat killie 9-1 the other day , was annoyed though as it was 8-0 at ht so expected double figures

On 19/11/2020 at 11:13, nik2402 said:

My wee brother's first year playing it really and he's won an invincible treble, and pumped the Tarriers 7-2 :lol: 

On 19/11/2020 at 14:45, McEwan's Lager said:

The new match engine is fucking brilliant. Players actually behave how you would expect in a tactical set up, without having to second guess what player roles fuck up formations because of hard coded bull shit.

The new press conferences and team talks are a complete pain though. They have somehow managed to make them more annoying than what they were.

The post match/pre match shite and media in general are the first jobs I throw the way of the assistant manager. Can’t be arsed with all that.

There's some tweaks needed for the game for sure getting some really high scoring games this year 10-1 v Killie, 8-0 v Ross County although 8-0 has happened this year so not so surprising, and then there was this.. still using a 442 from FM 20 only changing mentality game by game basis

Hopefully it'll be a bit tougher with the full release.

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 11.42.40.png

6 minutes ago, Fatman10 said:

There's some tweaks needed for the game for sure getting some really high scoring games this year 10-1 v Killie, 8-0 v Ross County although 8-0 has happened this year so not so surprising, and then there was this.. still using a 442 from FM 20 only changing mentality game by game basis

Hopefully it'll be a bit tougher with the full release.

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 11.42.40.png

I just pumped Arsenal 9-0 with Newcastle. Callum Wilson under a user manager, no AI, is a joke. He scored 6. The balance needs addressed. It's a tough game made easy by the vastly inferior AI defence/tactics.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

All the problems described above is why I always wait until January to consider getting it. I can’t be arsed getting deep into a save and all these bugs are rampant. Ruins it and wastes a club choice for the game.

Bugs are pretty much non existent now. They've balanced the match engine so that you don't end up pumping teams left right n centre. Well worth going into it now :thumbup: