Football Manager 2021

ForeverAndEver

• 4 weeks later...

Not liking the look of this version. Don't like it how they've went along with the covid thing that will dramatically affect the transfer system for seasons. The new interaction system looks like a complete waste of time too. Was going to do the beta when it's out the next week or so but will give it a miss for now. Can see this being a marmite year.

On 01/10/2020 at 15:36, Dennis Reynolds said:

Just how different do you expect it to be to the PC version? More likely closer to the pishy tablet version? 

It's an enhanced touch version but FM on a controller is horrible to play unless they've completely adapted the interface for it aswell.

If they’d released the game as normal, would anyone really have criticised them for being “unrealistic”? No, the depth of the game is incredible. Would their sales have been affected? No, people have more time than ever now to play and I suspect their sales will have went up. Is the game improved by including the virus? No, it just complicates things, and most importantly...

...it’s meant to be fun.

It’s meant to be an escape from work, arguments, health, stress, even bereavement ffs. My mental health has been supported more than ever by FM through this shite. I don’t want to open up my laptop after an awful day or some terrifying news report to see in-game notifications about a life changing pandemic.

Its so unnecessary and so disappointing.

21 hours ago, Essandoh said:

If they’d released the game as normal, would anyone really have criticised them for being “unrealistic”? No, the depth of the game is incredible. Would their sales have been affected? No, people have more time than ever now to play and I suspect their sales will have went up. Is the game improved by including the virus? No, it just complicates things, and most importantly...

...it’s meant to be fun.

It’s meant to be an escape from work, arguments, health, stress, even bereavement ffs. My mental health has been supported more than ever by FM through this shite. I don’t want to open up my laptop after an awful day or some terrifying news report to see in-game notifications about a life changing pandemic.

Its so unnecessary and so disappointing.

I wouldn't mind if they just had covid as a tick box option at the start of the game. Make it optional. Everyone experience for the first couple of seasons is going to be terrible.

For your other point it's only affecting the transfer/finance side of the game. Theres no covid injuries or anywhere mentioning it apparently. Though I think having it in period was a really shite idea.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I thought they would have learned with the Brexit update that they tried to be far too clever with scenarios that made the game less fun and actually less realistic in the long run.

Them writing in the code for the World Cup shifting from Qatar to Australia was another riddy.

The future Brexit was fucking stupid too. Just wait until Brexit happened. Instead we've had it for 3 games now and now its happening for real in the 4th game.

The code changed all the time. Pain in the fucking arse to plan for. It's a game, just have the world cup in Qatar in the summer. Can your AI players not play in made up heat? :lol:

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

The future Brexit was fucking stupid too. Just wait until Brexit happened. Instead we've had it for 3 games now and now its happening for real in the 4th game.

The code changed all the time. Pain in the fucking arse to plan for. It's a game, just have the world cup in Qatar in the summer. Can your AI players not play in made up heat? :lol:

I genuinely think they coded the Australia thing because they couldn't be arsed making a one off season shift for the WC.

44 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I genuinely think they coded the Australia thing because they couldn't be arsed making a one off season shift for the WC.

I had it in Qatar I think, it was in November anyway and my CL group was weird as fuck

48 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It wasn't hard coded from the start, had plenty of saves where the Qatar WC takes place in the winter. Plays fucking havoc with your season!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure this year.

I randomly crave playing it and get it, start a season and dwindle out of it.

Haven't managed to stick to a save for a couple of years.

Nothing will top getting Wimbledon back to the premier league with the heroics of Cephas Malele... the wonders of free transfers. Think he played for Palermo a few years back. F know what he’s up to nowadays.

Played about 10 hours or so now.

Very similar to 20 but the match engine is miles beyond last year, everything is great with it bar a slight issue with the full back/wing back crossing.

The match interface is now a massive pain in the arse. The whole press conferences and team talks are shite tbh. The new heart/arrow setup for fitness and match sharpness takes alot of getting used to and left me with a shitload of injuries. The transfer system is very much broken right now too.

It's good but needs a bit of work done to it. The match engine makes up for all the negatives though.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Played about 10 hours or so now.

Very similar to 20 but the match engine is miles beyond last year, everything is great with it bar a slight issue with the full back/wing back crossing.

The match interface is now a massive pain in the arse. The whole press conferences and team talks are shite tbh. The new heart/arrow setup for fitness and match sharpness takes alot of getting used to and left me with a shitload of injuries. The transfer system is very much broken right now too.

It's good but needs a bit of work done to it. The match engine makes up for all the negatives though.

What’s new about the match engine mate? Part of why I’ve lost the love of the game is because I feel like I concede/score the same goals and have done for about 12 years!