*****The Official SL Benfica v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

First meeting between two historic football teams. Live on BT Sport 3, 1755 KO.

McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic; Arfield, Davis, Kamara; Roofe, Morelos, Kent

Probably the team we should go with but I’m expecting Barker to start.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Not overly fussed with this one. No one expects anything out of these 2 games tbh. The other 2 teams we have beaten are the ones that the group for us will be decided. 

League first... Everything else Meh this season. 

Agree with this...although the money is still handy:) 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We should be looking for 3 points at home, imo mate.

I don't expect that mutch tbh, Benfica are a very good side and their pedigree in Europe is well known. Bit like Leverkusen really who were a level or two above us which is no surprise given the resources these teams have. 

Always thought 2nd in this group would be the best outcome and think that will happen. Our bread and butter is the league and hopefully that's where the focus is this season. Doing superb so far 

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I don't expect that mutch tbh, Benfica are a very good side and their pedigree in Europe is well known. Bit like Leverkusen really who were a level or two above us which is no surprise given the resources these teams have. 

Always thought 2nd in this group would be the best outcome and think that will happen. Our bread and butter is the league and hopefully that's where the focus is this season. Doing superb so far 

I think we’re over hyping the name Benfica rather than the team we’re playing a bit. Benfica are a good side but I don’t think they’re on that Leverkusen, out of our league level 

We really should’ve beaten Porto home and away last season and they ended their league 5 points clear of Benfica 

Having beat the 1st and 3rd best teams in Portugal I don’t think we have anything to fear 

I'm a Benfica fan and have been following your forum for some time now and I was extremely pleased to be lucky enough to play against Rangers in Europe!

I love your passion, deliver every game and follow your games carefully!

We are the two best teams in the group (by far) and it will be a balanced and beautiful game!

I just leave you a tip, Benfica (Jorge Jesus) is very different from Benfica of the last seasons!

Good Luck for Scottish League, I'm with you!

A hug from Portugal

22 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I think we’re over hyping the name Benfica rather than the team we’re playing a bit. Benfica are a good side but I don’t think they’re on that Leverkusen, out of our league level 

We really should’ve beaten Porto home and away last season and they ended their league 5 points clear of Benfica 

Having beat the 1st and 3rd best teams in Portugal I don’t think we have anything to fear 

They spent close to £90m in the summer and brought in experience like Vertonghen plus young talent like Darwin Nunez. Theyre a very good side 

34 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Benfica are a good side, they're literally top of their league atm and last won it in 2019. 

You don't seem to actually know what you're talking about here 

Benfica are probably closer to Leverkusen than Porto tbh. 

I’d take a minimum of 2 points over the two games and that should see us just about through. 

It’d be good to be through before Poznan and Leige play us again, essentially 2 free weeks for the majority of the first team to focus on the league game

33 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Obviously I want us to win but there’s something about this game that feels like a break and a “free hit” for us 

we’ve done what we’ve needed to in the league and I think we can beat them at Ibrox and one foot in progression 

Are you going over mate 

16 minutes ago, JohnLima said:

I'm a Benfica fan and have been following your forum for some time now and I was extremely pleased to be lucky enough to play against Rangers in Europe!

I love your passion, deliver every game and follow your games carefully!

We are the two best teams in the group (by far) and it will be a balanced and beautiful game!

I just leave you a tip, Benfica (Jorge Jesus) is very different from Benfica of the last seasons!

Good Luck for Scottish League, I'm with you!

A hug from Portugal

Prove you are who you say you are. 

Archived