*****The Official SL Benfica v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dazzareyes said:

Should be 2, Benfica might come back and win this, but I've seen nothing to suggest they are any better than the Porto side we faced last season.

There's a reason why they were knocked out of the CL qualifiers by PAOK with Chuba Akpom up front.

Only thing I can see is they have a bit of pace, so I would be looking to start Balogun and Goldson, which I think would be the case any way.

I see Akpom has now joined Middlesborough for £2.75 million , hopefully Alfie will ragdoll Vertonghen,

4 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

I see Akpom has now joined Middlesborough for £2.75 million , hopefully Alfie will ragdoll Vertonghen,

Our pace should cause them all sorts of problems, their backline is so slow, there will 100% be chances on the counter attack, I'm actually starting to think Barker starts for us with Kent and Morelos.

13 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Boavista are second bottom.

Benfica definitely being overrated by a few on here. Good side but without question beatable and not superior to the Porto side we played last season.

Do they have a strong team out? Not seen any of it.

Edit. Just seen your post above.

It's mad to think this is the first time we have played them despite both clubs illustrious' careers.

It's a shame fans can't get to visit and get to know one another, always found the Portuguese very frienfly and placid.

Onto the game and i'd bit the hand off you right now for a draw, they will be pretty on the eye but lets hope our physical pressing style upsets them.

31 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

They move the ball forward quickly at times but defensively they can be got at. High line and don't like the press.

Getting humped 2-0 now :lol: bring these cunts on 

They had a 10 point lead last year and cost me most of my accas

I have Porto this year so it’s a good result for my early season league bets 👍

They did look pretty good going forward against Poznań 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

They had a 10 point lead last year and cost me most of my accas

I have Porto this year so it’s a good result for my early season league bets 👍

They did look pretty good going forward against Poznań 

Sore one man 😂

On tonight's viewing Porto look a better side tbh, that should have been 3-0 there

Archived