Benefit of Mygers membership

will2203

Big thanks to the Club!

No option but to buy a Mygers membership but it came with benefits.... initial free gifts and then an exclusive discount on Rangers store purchases of 15%. Filled my boots and tried to defend my membership to the good lady. And then a week later all the goods I purchased on the Mygers exclusive weekend are available to all at..........20% off. 

FFS Rangers, stop treating us like fools. This love affair is feeling very one-sided.

There's no real tangible benefits as far as I can see. 

Unless you like gift packs and wee discounts on things you normally wouldn't buy.

I'm going to sound like a right two-faced, hypocritical bastard now considering the moaning I did about the scheme all summer but...

Going on the latest accounts we published (and without wetting my knickers or scaremongering) I've started to mellow a bit on the MyGers scheme - the club really need to max out every revenue stream that they can going forward. The money that Douglas Park has put in so far for no return has been incredible and he's promised to do it again to the tune of 15-million (along with Bennett).

In short, what I'm trying to say, is that I don't think it's a scheme that you will get a lot out of. It's certainly not a loyalty/reward scheme either - but if the likes of Park can pump the eyewatering amounts of money in to keep us going (and again for the next couple of seasons) in spite of the auditors 'note of concern' when signing off on the accounts - then the least the fans can do (if they so chose to) is stump up another £40/£50. 

It's always been about a revenue stream for the club rather than rewarding loyalty - no matter what the club say though.

I just hope that the nooks & crannies of the scheme can be sussed out and the regulars who go to all the away games discover a way to use the scheme to their advantage when the fans are allowed back in in their proper numbers next season so that they don't miss out.

It would be a real tragedy if they never - but something inside me thinks it won't be long until the buses and smart fans who are dedicated finds a way around it and to use the system to their advantage to still follow the team. I'm confident they will.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Unless you like gift packs and wee discounts on things you normally wouldn't buy.

I'm going to sound like a right two-faced, hypocritical bastard now considering the moaning I did about the scheme all summer but...

Going on the latest accounts we published (and without wetting my knickers or scaremongering) I've started to mellow a bit on the MyGers scheme - the club really need to max out every revenue stream that they can going forward. The money that Douglas Park has put in so far for no return has been incredible and he's promised to do it again to the tune of 15-million (along with Bennett).

In short, what I'm trying to say, is that I don't think it's a scheme that you will get a lot out of. It's certainly not a loyalty/reward scheme either - but if the likes of Park can pump the eyewatering amounts of money in to keep us going (and again for the next couple of seasons) in spite of the auditors 'note of concern' when signing off on the accounts - then the least the fans can do (if they so chose to) is stump up another £40/£50. 

It's always been about a revenue stream for the club rather than rewarding loyalty - no matter what the club say though.

I just hope that the nooks & crannies of the scheme can be sussed out and the regulars who go to all the away games discover a way to use the scheme to their advantage when the fans are allowed back in in their proper numbers next season so that they don't miss out.

It would be a real tragedy if they never - but something inside me thinks it won't be long until the buses and smart fans who are dedicated finds a way around it and to use the system to their advantage to still follow the team. I'm confident they will.

Two-faced, hypocritical bastard.

:superhappygay:

8 hours ago, will2203 said:

Big thanks to the Club!

No option but to buy a Mygers membership but it came with benefits.... initial free gifts and then an exclusive discount on Rangers store purchases of 15%. Filled my boots and tried to defend my membership to the good lady. And then a week later all the goods I purchased on the Mygers exclusive weekend are available to all at..........20% off. 

FFS Rangers, stop treating us like fools. This love affair is feeling very one-sided.

Gonae fuck up man.

How come people need to find something to moan at aw the time on here.

Things are going better than at anytime since the 2010/11 season.

If you need to justify spending 40 or 50 quid on a membership to your Mrs maybe you should trade her in 

49 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Gonae fuck up man.

How come people need to find something to moan at aw the time on here.

Things are going better than at anytime since the 2010/11 season.

If you need to justify spending 40 or 50 quid on a membership to your Mrs maybe you should trade her in 

Fight him mate

9 hours ago, British_Empire said:

This bit sticks out for me, and I see it as a good thing too, first and foremost we are a business. I think we are lucky to have 'patrons' who will cough up when we need it but it should also be down to us (the fans) to do our bit too (and we have) I don't think anyone signs up to Mygers or whatever to save money or take money out the clubs pocket, it's all for the good of the club, as long as we are seen not to be wasting money then it's a massive plus.

Not one of us who support the club will ever forget the horrible feeling in the pit of our stomach when we first heard of admin back in 2012, it really was the JFK moment. To think where we have got to now is barely believable, our commercial department is working wonders, it all seems to be heading in the right direction on and off the pitch at long last, far from being the joke that ran out of money we are now being talked about as a force again. Long may it continue.

45 minutes ago, G13 said:

This bit sticks out for me, and I see it as a good thing too, first and foremost we are a business. I think we are lucky to have 'patrons' who will cough up when we need it but it should also be down to us (the fans) to do our bit too (and we have) I don't think anyone signs up to Mygers or whatever to save money or take money out the clubs pocket, it's all for the good of the club, as long as we are seen not to be wasting money then it's a massive plus.

Not one of us who support the club will ever forget the horrible feeling in the pit of our stomach when we first heard of admin back in 2012, it really was the JFK moment. To think where we have got to now is barely believable, our commercial department is working wonders, it all seems to be heading in the right direction on and off the pitch at long last, far from being the joke that ran out of money we are now being talked about as a force again. Long may it continue.

People signed up because it helps get tickets...

You'd have to spend £300-400 in the store to earn back your money if that was the benefit of the membership you bought it for.

If the scheme didn't benefit the club they wouldn't have bothered as the idea is to bring in extra cash. That's why they call it a "loyalty" scheme. 

19 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

You'd have to spend £300-400 in the store to earn back your money if that was the benefit of the membership you bought it for.

If the scheme didn't benefit the club they wouldn't have bothered as the idea is to bring in extra cash. That's why they call it a "loyalty" scheme. 

Loyalty schemes a play on words that the gullible lap up 

Paying more than a grand on ST that you can’t use is pretty loyal imo

You’ve got non ST holders like @MorelosRangers jumping about the forum thinking he’s elite status as a supporter and should be first back into the ground cause he bought a Mygers membership 🤣

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Loyalty schemes a play on words that the gullible lap up 

Paying more than a grand on ST that you can’t use is pretty loyal imo

You’ve got non ST holders like @MorelosRangers jumping about the forum thinking he’s elite status as a supporter and should be first back into the ground cause he bought a Mygers membership 🤣

Exactly. It's a small gesture to make you feel like you are getting something extra.

It's the same with supermarkets offering something like 0.25p back for every £1 you spend if you shop there every week and use a loyalty card. Great for the company and keeps customer happy but the company is always the huge beneficiary. 

31 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Think I have already paid for 55! Just as well it's for the Rangers 🔴🔵

I think the post is bizarre considering the feel good factor with most bears is off the scale with us going 11 points ahead in a title race where we have a good chance of winning for the first time in about a decade, and then there’s the accounts 

2 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

At this moment in time am I getting any benefit from my gers? No

am I getting benefits for been a season ticket holder? No

Are we tap of the league and smashing it in europe? Yes

Thats all I care about.

Reported 

13 hours ago, British_Empire said:

While I can see the pluses in your post and yes it's always been a revenue for the club and not a loyalty scheme there wasn't a great deal of thought went into it to make it even seem fair.

You mentioned fans who go to away games might discover a way to use the scheme to their advantage, well that's where it's fucked me up. I've been going to away games for years with my son but because of MyGers can't see this happening in the future, my son is a fanatic compared to me so when they were awarding  points for Rangers TV I gave him the points and this resulted in us now being in different levels - so as I say I can see your points but it's not for me.

Archived