So this Ross County investigation

KingKirk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Yes mate, he came out a couple of seasons ago and said he would love the opportunity to play for Scotland if they came knocking 

Probably just being nice. I wouldn't want to play for Scotland and I'm Scottish. 

The only qualified for a tournament (by the fucking skin of their teeth) because of a change in the format in that competition.  

If it was the old Euro's qualifying system, we wouldn't have qualified.  The team is gash and will get embarrassed at the Euro's.

6 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Probably just being nice. I wouldn't want to play for Scotland and I'm Scottish. 

The only qualified for a tournament (by the fucking skin of their teeth) because of a change in the format in that competition.  

If it was the old Euro's qualifying system, we wouldn't have qualified.  The team is gash and will get embarrassed at the Euro's.

You’re not good enough to play for Scotland though, so incomparable imo. 

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You’re not good enough to play for Scotland though, so incomparable imo. 

Tav is too good to risk injury playing for Scotland, the team is a joke and will always be with the current Scottish mentality.

7 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Playing in the euros but don’t leave the uk in the group stages

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Gardyne has denied saying anything homophobic and their captain said he didn’t hear anything. They then went on to say goldson etc have blown it out of proportion!! File it under swept under the carpet!!

Maybe he didn't say anything though tbh. 

Just because it's Rangers and an opposition team doesn't mean it's automatically a stitch-up or been wronged. 

I think Gardyne said he called him a fanny - could Goldson have heard it as "fairy" with the accent Gardyne's got?

Gerrard himself is only going on what he was told was said, rather than hearing anything himself.

Suppose only Gardyne will ever know but that nonsense midweek in the PSG game when that he thought he heard the 4th official call him a negro got me thinking about this too where all this stuff is so hot just now, people hear and see it everywhere - even if they don't mean to. 

Just my 2p worth. I could also be wrong and he called Goldson a faggot or whatever. I'm just sceptical in this day and age what passes for offense and conjecture etc.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I thought when the camera was on SG he (and I’m not a professional lip reader) said “I heard it too”

iI might be mistaken though. 

Gerrard has never at any point said he heard what was said, only what he was told by our players what was said.

Id leave lip reading to lip readers.

13 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You are unbelievably gullible. 

4 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Maybe he didn't say anything though tbh. 

Just because it's Rangers and an opposition team doesn't mean it's automatically a stitch-up or been wronged. 

I think Gardyne said he called him a fanny - could Goldson have heard it as "fairy" with the accent Gardyne's got?

Gerrard himself is only going on what he was told was said, rather than hearing anything himself.

Suppose only Gardyne will ever know but that nonsense midweek in the PSG game when that he thought he heard the 4th official call him a negro got me thinking about this too where all this stuff is so hot just now, people hear and see it everywhere - even if they don't mean to. 

Just my 2p worth. I could also be wrong and he called Goldson a faggot or whatever. I'm just sceptical in this day and age what passes for offense and conjecture etc.

Why did ref book him,it wasn’t for saying Fanny.

5 hours ago, Dickie said:

Why did ref book him,it wasn’t for saying Fanny.

Dunno thought it was for mouthing refs do it all the time tbh the fact the refs heard something and acted would indicate that’s not as serious as made out 

I dunno tbh but if it was something bad there can’t be a cover up 

whether you think we live in too offended times or not doesn’t matter it can’t be one rule for us and another for everyone else 

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Dunno thought it was for mouthing refs do it all the time tbh the fact the refs heard something and acted would indicate that’s not as serious as made out 

I dunno tbh but if it was something bad there can’t be a cover up 

whether you think we live in too offended times or not doesn’t matter it can’t be one rule for us and another for everyone else 

If it was racist or homophobic then it’s a red card so maybe ref made his usual cunt of it or maybe it’s all over fuck all but I don’t see goldson going mental over something that is probably said on a football pitch umpteen times. What we have to remember is that Halliday was sent off for offending fans who were 60 yards away and Kent was hauled up for pretending to be Roy Rogers so we all know that if it was a Rangers player who said something then it would still be front page news.

18 minutes ago, Dickie said:

If it was racist or homophobic then it’s a red card so maybe ref made his usual cunt of it or maybe it’s all over fuck all but I don’t see goldson going mental over something that is probably said on a football pitch umpteen times. What we have to remember is that Halliday was sent off for offending fans who were 60 yards away and Kent was hauled up for pretending to be Roy Rogers so we all know that if it was a Rangers player who said something then it would still be front page news.

I'm not disagreeing but none of that is my point (apart from the last point which I just said myself in my last post) - all I'm saying is that given what went on at the PSG game, maybe Goldson misheard too? I don't know... I'm not downplaying it, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

It deserves to be investigated but if there's no evidence there, do we all just jump on the woke card because it's a Rangers player?

If it's proven to be something bad then throw the book at him. I do think it's a man's game and some of this stuff we're subjected to in modern football is OTT but if that's how it is, then, if proven, there's no way I'm having our players treated differently.

We already see that when Morelos is racially abused ffs - the papers and fans of other clubs say he brings it on himself. :megaanguish:

2 hours ago, Bluekev said:

I remember a time not that long ago when football was a man's game and players and fans used to taunt the opposition with all sorts of insults and it was brushed off because people weren't delicate little blossoms back then.

I'd love to see the reaction of the permanently offended brigade if two black rugby players called each other faggots. 

Heads would be spinning. 

Archived