***St Mirren vs Rangers***

Clemdog

22 minutes ago, TMB said:

Start with the strongest team possible.  Make the changes when the team are 2 or 3 goals ahead.  Hopefully we start with Itten and he puts in another great performance scoring a few goals.  I don’t want to see Defoe in that CF role at all TBH.  Get Itten in, he’s the future.

It’s not all about the future though, it’s the here and now, and Defoe is the proven goal scorer 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

It’s not all about the future though, it’s the here and now, and Defoe is the proven goal scorer 

Defoe’s scored 4 goals this season.  Itten has 3 despite playing less game time and often out fo position.  There’s no doubt Defoe is a fantastic finisher but Itten looks a more complete player to me and better suits our system.  

When Itten came on as a sub against Motherwell and bagged two good goals, he earned a start but sadly never got it.  Instead Defoe was given the games against Hamilton and Livingston at Ibrox.  Itten was given another chance in Europe midweek and he took it.  He deserves to play from the start and up front through the middle.  The lad couldn’t be doing anymore.

3 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

I'm expecting a tough tight game against a team that will be well organised and hard to break down. Winning the League Cup is important this year so no fuck ups just win. Come on Rangers

This. :thumbup:

I also think the ground will be very slippy and soft underfoot, hopefully the rain eases before long. 

13 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Itten has played 230 minutes more than Defoe this season..

Itten should start tonight imo

Itten does suit our system better than Defoe.  Defoe looks for the ball over the top and looks to get in behind.  Itten is big and strong, plays with his back to goal, he looks to come deep and get involved.  Defoe is a top finisher who has had an excellent career and done a great job for us but it should be Itten from here on out IMO.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Itten does suit our system better than Defoe.  Defoe looks for the ball over the top and looks to get in behind.  Itten is big and strong, plays with his back to goal, he looks to come deep and get involved.  Defoe is a top finisher who has had an excellent career and done a great job for us but it should be Itten from here on out IMO.

We need all our strikers to be fit, and as match sharp as possible, The Gaffer has been spot on with JD so far and should continue to use him and keep him sharp. He's still very capable.

Archived