Kemar Roofe charged by SFA (2 Match Ban Confirmed)

CooperSF

8 minutes ago, frenv said:

"Fast Track Notice of Complaint | Kemar Roofe, Player, Rangers FC
Friday 5 February 2021
Player: Kemar Roofe, Rangers FC

Match: Rangers FC v St Johnstone FC

Date: Wednesday 3 February 2021

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 200: Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or any other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed, the mandatory suspension for that sending off offence as provided for in Annex C of the Judicial Panel Protocol shall be applied to the player.

Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13.

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Tuesday 9 February 2021"

The ref issued a yellow...

What the fuck did he book him for then?!

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Swagger said:

The club should have footage of every shocking challenge that goes unpunished against us  ( and there’s fucking plenty )  and drop it on the SFA’s desk. Was it a red ? probably but had it been one of their players challenging Roofe we’d have heard fuck all else about it 

Fucking shocking 

Surely the “it’s a bad one but he’s not that sort of player” should be good enough to get him off as it’s a  good enough excuse for defending tarrier players.

I wouldn’t have complained if he was sent off during the match but he is not guilty of any of the offences listed in the citation. He endangered the safety of his opponent, it was not violent conduct any more than Edwards on Morelos was earlier in the season.

I’d be comfortable with us appealing this and winning.

Just now, CooperSF said:

Eagerly await Gordon Duncan et al. spinning the argument that Rangers are actually benefitting from poor refereeing decisions (since our player(s) are allowed to stay on the pitch for the full 90 before being punished).

:tu: that's a fuckin certainty  

100% should have been red, but this system is so open to corruption it's ridiculous. The likes of the challenge on Morelos not being cited whilst this one is is stinky. And fuck all that can be done about it cause the authorities can say one ref said he saw it in its entirety and the other said he didn't. Bulletproof platform for people that want to make shit up as they go along.

We just need to take our medicine, lads. After all, it should've been a red card.

Embarrassing Gerrard didn't simply offer whip Roofe through the streets of Govan in the first place, instead of wasting the precious time of the SFA.

It was a yellow card.

The standard of refereeing desicions against us this season have already deemed it to be a yellow. Worse have escaped punishment altogether.

Those still insisting it was a red are beyond help and the SFA love you for it.

5 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

I wouldn’t have complained if he was sent off during the match but he is not guilty of any of the offences listed in the citation. He endangered the safety of his opponent, it was not violent conduct any more than Edwards on Morelos was earlier in the season.

Endangering the safety of an opponent is deemed (A1) serious foul play in the rules, which is what he has been cited for.

I'd expect this to be upheld.

24 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

This is the thing, there's just no consistency or sense in the decisions. It just seems completely random, even if brought up by social media, sportscene or whatever. 

There is consistently,one of our guys does something that the refs didn’t do enough ,compliance steps in ,

Somebody from another team kicks one of ours and it’s left to the referee.

Just now, Boybluesy said:

If we challenge at next week's hearing can he play the next game.  That would be Alfie back after that.

Just asked that question and it that's the case it's a no brainer for me to appeal it.

9 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Same as Lego last week, endangering an opponent but no citation. 
what happened when TLB bringing the game and other club’s into disrepute with his rant 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Endangering the safety of an opponent is deemed (A1) serious foul play in the rules, which is what he has been cited for.

I went to try and find the SFA explanation of serious foul play, thinking you might be right and stumbled upon this:

26DE3D50-C0E9-45AA-8768-246E87ABD2D7.jpeg

“The sending off offence will be deemed to have been seen... where any part of the challenge for the ball by the party which caused the alleged Serious Foul Play has been seen by any of the match officials.”

”any match official will be deemed to have seen the alleged Sending Off Offence unless there is evidence to demonstrate that the Match Official’s view of the challenge for the ball was obscured or blocked”

23 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Just fuck off SFA. Don't want to re-referee games my arse.

We are now obviously seeing a lot of referees changing their minds which tells you everything you need to know about the process.

I hope the club appeal it. Take the extra game if we lose. We need to take a stand.

Won't happen mate as much as I agree hence the reason we are constantly fecked by this corrupt cabal 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I just can’t get my head around the fact he was booked for what could only be the ‘lunge’ with the ref yards away. Surely he saw that. Do the club get the match report / ref comments? Probably only if they challenge it. Does the ref then look at all incidents after a game from 4 angles slowed down? Does he consult all match officials about it? Just how the fuck does it work?

anyone have any answers?

Archived