Kemar Roofe charged by SFA (2 Match Ban Confirmed)

CooperSF

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, don logan said:

If we appeal, Roofe can play on Sunday?

If banned he will miss Killie and Dundee United games but can play in the Antwerp game before the United game ?

Alfie will also miss the Killie game so we need Defoe and Itten for that game.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We appeal and lose it turns into 3 matches.

2 Black players being cited by the SFA.

Racist bastards and always have been against Alfredo.

A young man who gave up everything to follow his dream and spends his spare time off helping the poor in his home town in Columbia.

But when he laces his boots here he is given a lot of shit. From the Aberdeen banners about his mum to the Celtic racial chants.

14 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

He will miss the next 2 matches, irrespective of competition, so he will miss one of the Europa cup games. They really do hate us, we might even be able to improve the co-efficiency more but it’s a race to the bottom for fenians, always has been always will be, born losers. 

Thought it was just domestic ban ?

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Every single one of them need removed from their positions and start from scratch. Not fit for purpose.

Just hope with Liewell leaving that someone like David Graham is busy behind the scenes developing relationships with other clubs to get rid of the likes of this lot and bring some proper management  to Scottish football. 

Doesn't strike me as Robertson's strong point.

Anyone with half a brain that's played any regular football at virtually any level knows what Roofe was doing....simply stepping over the ball to get himself into a position to shield and retain possession. Happens plenty of times in every. single. game. It's rare that an opponent is connected with in that matter, it's not reckless, dangerous or intentional foul play to endanger an opponent. Might be a bit sore, granted, and at worst a yellow, which he got.

On the same principle, Duffy and Main both went in recklessly with with the intention of fouling. Both got a yellow card which was probably the right call.

But we're looking for consistency, right? Neither of these issues recalled to be re-refereed. Why this?

And it's an absolute fact that if the foul by Roofe had been in a game between Hamilton Accies and Ross County you'd never have heard another thing about it. Our games, our profile and those that simply want to damage us pour over our games and look for things. It's not an even playing field and the unequal scrutiny makes the system not fit for purpose.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We appeal and lose it turns into 3 matches.

Getting to the point that it is worth the extra game to highlight all the other instances that have not been retrospectively punished.

Just a quick glance at the posts above show plenty of material we could demand is published along with an explanation of why nothing was done.

We should also be asking to see the communications between the refs and the SFA to establish how they conclude that looking directly at something constitutes not seeing it.

Shame the bastards publicly so everyone can see what is happening

14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

because they are saying an alleged sending off was missed during the match 

He's got a clear view of it and choose to give a yellow card.

It's beyond ridiculous now and is just re-officiating game as when it suits. 

The best comparison here is the main challenge. That's a red even mcinnes knew it that's why he took him off.

Why wasn't that reviewed like this by the CO. 

It's a clear red card and there's absolutely no argument supporting Roofe there. It's a bad one, we get what he's trying to do but he could quite easily have snapped Davidson's leg. 

The issue is the complete lack of consistency. Duffy on Kent and Edwards on Morelos were two shocking tackles that weren't retrospectively cited. Both of those tackles were as dangerous as Roofe's on Wednesday night.

20 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

I don't think he can go for this one.  Looking at the challenge, it is pretty awful. Worse than Alfie's.

It’s not the challenge that’s the problem, it’s the other challenges that continuously happen that don’t get pulled! 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

He's got a clear view of it and choose to give a yellow card.

It's beyond ridiculous now and is just re-officiating game as when it suits. 

The best comparison here is the main challenge. That's a red even mcinnes knew it that's why he took him off. Why wasn't that reviewed like this. 

The ref had one look in real time and your speaking on behalf of the ref but it’s your opinion on it which is fair enough. I agree with all the inconsistencies like main and others.

If i was SG I’d have the media team create a video/ photo dossier of all similar incidents not cited along with a time line and see once we clinch 55 publish the thing and let the club take any punishment which no doubt would come our way.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's said we're deliberately cutting out all the public noise and doing our challenging in the background. Gerrard isn't interested in going at the authorities publicly 

Then we will continue to get shagged right up the arse! 

Just now, scottyc06 said:

It’s not the challenge that’s the problem, it’s the other challenges that continuously happen that don’t get pulled! 

I get that, but you have to come from a position of strength.  Going with the Kemar one won't cut it.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It's a clear red card and there's absolutely no argument supporting Roofe there. It's a bad one, we get what he's trying to do but he could quite easily have snapped Davidson's leg. 

The issue is the complete lack of consistency. Duffy on Kent and Edwards on Morelos were two shocking tackles that weren't retrospectively cited. Both of those tackles were as dangerous as Roofe's on Wednesday night.

Curtis Main’s tackle one Barisic is the most comparable for me because it was also dealt with by the referee at the time but wasn’t cited or looked at again afterwards despite it being a clear red card offence in the eyes of everybody who seen it.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Shameful hour but had to block a bunch of bears on twitter who are understanding of Roofe getting cited with zero issue. 

Some of our support have turned into a bunch of fucking pussys.

They won't be missed.

Some on follow follow saying the same. Not many but they are there, unbelievably.  

Just now, Boybluesy said:

I get that, but you have to come from a position of strength.  Going with the Kemar one won't cut it.

It can only be used as a comparison to other similar incidents which I hope we are going to do at some point.

Im looking at this as the wee yank dude shovelling the snow. His neighbours are the cunts in the sfa but soon enough SG is going to hand gun the cunts then return with the AR15 to finish them off, once and for all 👏🏻👏🏻😂😂

2 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Going in with the Roofe citing is the perfect one. Player had a bad accidental challenge, was booked by the referee for it and then retrospectively cited for it saying the referee had not seen the challenge.

There's been multiple other challenges like that already this season shown in this thread that were never cited or even booked.

If there was fairness and consistency in these citations then I'd understand accepting the charge but right now the SFA can go fuck themselves.

Archived