***** The Official Rangers vs Slavia Praha Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You could be correct mate. You said the same at the start of the season about us ever winning the league again and your prediction was so close that I think you might be right here 

Literally every other old firm game, or any big game, ‘not sure the officials will let us win.’

You just know  UEFA will take the easy way out. Fines and possible bans all round for whatever happened in the tunnel but no action for the slavia players remark cos they will claim it cant be proved. Dont rock the boat too much and keep the money rolling in, its what UEFA are all about.

18 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Literally every other old firm game, or any big game, ‘not sure the officials will let us win.’

@eejay the dj is a passionate man. We could only hope to have someone of his passion on the board at Rangers.

We would have nobody through the doors and the club would be a better place for it. No media, no officials, no opposition. Bliss 

Just seen the RTV footage of the incident at the end , every single person watching on tv knew the manner he went towards Kamara followed by Kamara and Zungus reaction it was racist , your club commentator take from the gantry in the stadium is “it’s all getting a bit silly” when the players reacted , fucking embarrassment of a man 

I found it hard not look at that game, and the New Year game against the Tramps and not think we need pace in the team, we have been fucking great this season and have some many technically outstanding players but i think at times teams can put us in certain situations where they know they aren't going to be exposed by us through some raw pace. It is something I would like to see us invest in in the summer. 

Aribo has loads going for him, I actually like him but to me the player playing where he was last night needed to be doing everything about 3 times quicker, mainly the running part, his cutting back kept letting their team reset into decent shape 

I think we shot ourselves in the foot in this tie, didn’t play anywhere near our best in either leg.

I don’t think Slavia are a great side, very average for this stage of the competition and had we played at our best chances are we would have went through. 

The sending offs were a killer but hard one to take as I felt it was a winnable tie.

28 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I found it hard not look at that game, and the New Year game against the Tramps and not think we need pace in the team, we have been fucking great this season and have some many technically outstanding players but i think at times teams can put us in certain situations where they know they aren't going to be exposed by us through some raw pace. It is something I would like to see us invest in in the summer. 

Aribo has loads going for him, I actually like him but to me the player playing where he was last night needed to be doing everything about 3 times quicker, mainly the running part, his cutting back kept letting their team reset into decent shape 

One of the problems is that for 90% of our games, pace is not very important.

Those games with 11 men behind the ball, we need guys with technical ability over pace.

So we either get a speed merchant with limited technical ability in, just for the odd match in Europe, or we shell out absolute mega bucks for a pacey front player with loads of technical ability, as these players dont come cheap!

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

One of the problems is that for 90% of our games, pace is not very important.

Those games with 11 men behind the ball, we need guys with technical ability over pace.

So we either get a speed merchant with limited technical ability in, just for the odd match in Europe, or we shell out absolute mega bucks for a pacey front player with loads of technical ability, as these players dont come cheap!

I would argue the case that a form of pace is always needed even when sides are packed in I think that is a bit wrong personally, you still need the pace to execute. 

celtic for all their faults have had a decent run domestically and have had players like Forrest, Elyanousi, Christie, Eduard and Griffiths around their squad all of whom have a bit more pace going for them than most of our forwards

Across our entire squad we have very few players with a decent level of pace to them at all, when we are at our worst it is a glaringly obvious issue. 

9 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I would argue the case that a form of pace is always needed even when sides are packed in I think that is a bit wrong personally, you still need the pace to execute. 

celtic for all their faults have had a decent run domestically and have had players like Forrest, Elyanousi, Christie, Eduard and Griffiths around their squad all of whom have a bit more pace going for them than most of our forwards

Across our entire squad we have very few players with a decent level of pace to them at all, when we are at our worst it is a glaringly obvious issue. 

Forrest and Eduard are the only ones with real pace you have listed.

Eduard has the technical ability as well to be fair though, he is a good player. Thankfully he has thrown the toys out the pram and will be away from them. They also paid about 9m for him! Like I say, they dont come cheap!

The others are pretty fucking slow! Griffiths has a good shot on him, not pace. Christie is mostly shite, but was good at positioning and taking a dig for a while. Elyanousi is not fast either, he is technique based.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm not the only bear that thinks this last 9 years , you obsessed fanny 

You're the only bear I've seen over the last four or five years insisting we'd win nothing and never even manage to beat Celtic with Tav in the team. 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Just seen the RTV footage of the incident at the end , every single person watching on tv knew the manner he went towards Kamara followed by Kamara and Zungus reaction it was racist , your club commentator take from the gantry in the stadium is “it’s all getting a bit silly” when the players reacted , fucking embarrassment of a man 

Took about 10 minutes after FT for BT to even mention racism. Fucking embarrassment from Hutton and Davie Weir

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Forrest and Eduard are the only ones with real pace you have listed.

Eduard has the technical ability as well to be fair though, he is a good player. Thankfully he has thrown the toys out the pram and will be away from them. They also paid about 9m for him! Like I say, they dont come cheap!

The others are pretty fucking slow! Griffiths has a good shot on him, not pace. Christie is mostly shite, but was good at positioning and taking a dig for a while. Elyanousi is not fast either, he is technique based.

Griffiths is rapid TBH shocked anyone who has actually watched him at a live game would say other than that, Elyanousi again is fast. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You're the only bear I've seen over the last four or five years insisting we'd win nothing and never even manage to beat Celtic with Tav in the team. 

Shame on me Dude .I can’t live with all you guys that are right about everything .

Get plenty right but same cunts on here would never admit that of course 

Problem is the sneaky wee shite from slavia covered his mouth and went right up  to Kamara's ear so he couldn't be overheard so it's one person's word against the other. Probably  trying to get a reaction out of Kamara so he would get another card and get sent off.

If one of our lads chinned this shitebag in front of independent witnesses, deserved though it may have been, I think our player is looking at a substantial ban.

Archived