Patterson, Bassey, Zungu, Kinnear & Dapo Banned.

Drumloyal

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Hope you don't mind i changed your post mate :whistle:

We all remember tlb whacking us with his side of the story that they "did no abuse any priveleges"
How did that work out again? :dance: 

That sounds about right:lol:

On 30/03/2021 at 15:45, Redwhiteandblue said:

All these amateur teams are all the same to me.

Anyone know what Queens Park done with the £5m the got for Hampden? Obviously didn't turn professional, but do they pay for players? I don't know how they run their club, but any other team in the bottom leagues got that kinda money, I reckon they would do a Livingston/Gretna.

On paper Cove Rangers are a cut above Brora. They won League 2 last year and sitting 2nd in League 1, while Brora are Highland League. Should be a comfortable enough win but would you be dismissing Falkirk or Partick as much, as that is Cove's standard. 

Not sure QP got 5m up front for Hampden, suspect paid in installments and as someone else posted they gave gone professional.

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

On paper Cove Rangers are a cut above Brora. They won League 2 last year and sitting 2nd in League 1, while Brora are Highland League. Should be a comfortable enough win but would you be dismissing Falkirk or Partick as much, as that is Cove's standard. 

Not sure QP got 5m up front for Hampden, suspect paid in installments and as someone else posted they gave gone professional.

Aye, I obviously screwed up with that Bora/Cove thing, thought with the huge cry out from the hearts support that it was a highland league team. 

As for the Queens Park thing, was always curious as to what an amateur team would do with that kinda money. Last thing I thought they would do is turn professional. ~150yr of history out the window. Shame. 

Makes you wonder what Scottish Football would've looked like all those years back when they were the kings of the game buy refused to turn professional. Kinda makes a mockery of their near 200yr stance. 

10 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Aye, I obviously screwed up with that Bora/Cove thing, thought with the huge cry out from the hearts support that it was a highland league team. 

As for the Queens Park thing, was always curious as to what an amateur team would do with that kinda money. Last thing I thought they would do is turn professional. ~150yr of history out the window. Shame. 

Makes you wonder what Scottish Football would've looked like all those years back when they were the kings of the game buy refused to turn professional. Kinda makes a mockery of their near 200yr stance. 

Cheers mate, agree with the QP point. As for Hearts fans their outcry was because they did go out to a Highland league mob. 

3 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

Bit surprised by this. Would have thought the club would feel that they deserve their bans. 

67B9AADE-A49E-420A-9CCC-F50FA2479537.png

Being cynical, had Tav been fit I think we would have. Puts us at a sporting disadvantage with Tav injured.

8 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

Bit surprised by this. Would have thought the club would feel that they deserve their bans. 

67B9AADE-A49E-420A-9CCC-F50FA2479537.png

Means they can play in the next couple of games until the hearing. Gives us time to get Tav back and also rest the guys who’ve come back from international duty.

Makes sense tbh as we’ll have more difficult games in the cup to come and they boys wouldn’t be starting when everyone (bar Jack) is fit.

Just now, bluenoz said:

I have always felt there was more to the story anyway. Rangers lawyers have them over a barrel with Dubaigate, ref incident, frimgpong, Duffy etc... The days of being pushed about are over.

You're looking way too much into it

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

You're looking way too much into it

I'm not. They had drinks with their girlfriends in thinking they were  their own bubble.

They were wrong but no malice was intended. Edmundson & Jones were blatantly careless.

Rangers will only appeal based on the incident at hand and not on whataboutery incidents so there must be something to it.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not. They had drinks with their girlfriends in thinking they were  their own bubble.

They were wrong but no malice was intended. Edmundson & Jones were blatantly careless.

Rangers will only appeal based on the incident at hand and not on whataboutery incidents so there must be something to it.

We have appealed as our first choice right back is injured and our 2nd choice is one of the players facing a ban.

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

We have appealed as our first choice right back is injured and our 2nd choice is one of the players facing a ban.

Not true. The announcement came out on Monday. We have lawyered up and four days later found reasons to appeal that have nothing to do with our captain being injured. That would be a waste of money.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Not true. The announcement came out on Monday. We have lawyered up and four days later found reasons to appeal that have nothing to do with our captain being injured. That would be a waste of money.

We’ve clearly appealed to play Patterson on Sunday cos Tav is injured. 

Archived