The Euros

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

But wait how can you say that? One played for us and Blackburn and the other for the regular champions of England? Won CL etc.

Completely going against your own argument here!

Fletcher was effective because of the system he played in, it’s a different situation. Listen, Tavernier doesn’t get anywhere near this England squad, Aaron Wan-Bissaka doesn’t even get a look in.

I’m sure Tav would tell you himself, he isn’t as good as these England RBs

4 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

How? One plays for us and the other two play regularly for the champions of England the champions of Spain, both teams are miles and miles ahead of us. Tavernier wouldnt do well for Man City or Atletico.

Because plenty of good players play for less powerful clubs and plenty of middling players play for English premier League clubs.

Just now, JamieD said:

Because plenty of good players play for less powerful clubs and plenty of middling players play for English premier League clubs.

Tav was doing literally nothing before he came to us and for a long time he wasn’t even rated here either. I actually remember him being not rated very well as a defender until this season tbh 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Tav was doing literally nothing before he came to us and for a long time he wasn’t even rated here either. I actually remember him being not rated very well as a defender until this season tbh 

I haven't said Tav is better than either of them. I just said that the respective clubs they play for is not the reason why he isn't. 

Just now, JamieD said:

I haven't said Tav is better than either of them. I just said that the respective clubs they play for is not the reason why he isn't.

Aye the reason is he isn’t as good as them and one very good season in Scotland doesn’t change that. 

This talk is the type of thing we laugh at celtic fans for when they big up their players :lol:

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I also remember when people slagged the taigs for wanting £12m for Van Dijk. Bet you said the exact same back then when compairing him to PL defenders..

Now hes arguably the best CB in world football. 

van Dijk was 23 when he left celtic, tav is 30. There’s a difference.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So on the performance today, do we think Croatia are good enough to beat Scotland?

Croatia will set up differently I think and will play more on the front foot.

Scotland will probably try and stifle the game rather than directly influence it, so I think Croatia will be much better and yes good enough to beat Scotland.