The Euros

18 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Even after Patterson showed him up against Luxembourg you had Scotland fans and pundits making excuses “it’s only Luxembourg it means nothing” or “O’Donnell is better defensively” even though Patterson did fuck all wrong at the back except losing possession maybe once.

It all stems from the fact they don’t want a Rangers player playing who isn’t our first choice RB even though he’s still better than every other option Scotland has got.

But if Scotland want to stay loyal to the likes of O’Donnell, Forrest, McGregor & Christie at the cost of the likes of Gilmour & Patterson then we have zero chance of getting out the group. There is only so far having two world class Left Back’s will get you.

Patterson is very tenacious, doesn’t like to get beat which sounds obvious but lots of full backs today, Robertson being one, don’t seem to give a fuck so long as they’re bombing forward and getting crosses in. 

Just now, EMRFC said:

Cmon they both play for the champions of England and champions of Spain respectively 

So what? John O’Shea was winning premier leagues every second or so season. Being part of a good team or playing in a good league doesn’t automatically make you a good player.

I’ll flip It to you, could you see either of them being able to do for us what Tav does? 

Just now, KyleBJK said:

So what? John O’Shea was winning premier leagues every second or so season. Being part of a good team or playing in a good league doesn’t automatically make you a good player.

I’ll flip It to you, could you see either of them being able to do for us what Tav does? 

Tavernier isn’t as good as either of them. Simple as that.

Just now, KyleBJK said:

Based on what then haha? 

Based on Trippier and Walker playing in much higher standard of league week in week out. If Tavernier was as good as them how was he playing for Wigan, Rotherham etc while they were both at Spurs.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I love Tav but he is not England level. Dear me

Just because he’s better than both options there doesn’t mean I think he’s England level. Merely pointing out the picks they have in a major tournament IMO aren’t as good or better than him.