DR gunning for Heart and Hand

magic8ball

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Why do articles like this have to use petty names in it, just detracts away from the point they are trying to get across.

Soviet Republic of Scotland, Scotland's first dictator, etc.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

Why do articles like this have to use petty names in it, just detracts away from the point they are trying to get across.

Soviet Republic of Scotland, Scotland's first dictator, etc.

Instantly kills off any semblance of credibility it has. Same with stuff like referring to Yousaf and his "fellow traveller" Dornan. Anyone looking for anything legitimate will instantly look elsewhere.

To be brutally honest. The Daily Record have completely shot their bolt.

If I was Rangers, I would just ignore the article. Just simply pretend it doesn't exist.

They have already reached the level where they have pulled up people calling cunts a 'spaz'. If they have reached that, then the Record dont have anything left.

My guess is that they  are waiting on a response from Rangers before trying to flip this and drag it out.

Pretend it does not exist and dont do a fucking thing and they have nowhere else left to go.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If I was Rangers, I would just ignore the article. Just simply pretend it doesn't exist.

They have already reached the level where they have pulled up people calling cunts a 'spaz'. If they have reached that, then the Record dont have anything left.

My guess is that they  are waiting on a response from Rangers before trying to flip this and drag it out.

Pretend it does not exist and dont do a fucking thing and they have nowhere else left to go.

I don't think Rangers can ignore some of them tweets. Edgar's should be ok but the others' are much harder to try and ignore.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Instantly kills off any semblance of credibility it has. Same with stuff like referring to Yousaf and his "fellow traveller" Dornan. Anyone looking for anything legitimate will instantly look elsewhere.

Why don’t you write something in our defence and calling them out like that blog?

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The guy has obviously done his research but it is a bit of a rambling mess at points, and the name calling definitely kills off any credibility. 

As soon as you do that, you lose the upper hand. 

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

With 'spaz' being considered an ableist term, it's interesting that the msp Paul Sweeney who was crying on twitter yesterday likes to tweet the word 'lame' - another term considered ableist. Might seem pathetic, but it's the levels we're at.

Also for a guy who endorses mental health support, he's quite happy to throw around 'insane' and 'crazy'. 

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The guy has obviously done his research but it is a bit of a rambling mess at points, and the name calling definitely kills off any credibility. 

As soon as you do that, you lose the upper hand. 

Ironically, false name calling and tagging by msps, journos etc is taken seriously. Look at the language used by Jackson towards Alfie. Worse than this blog tbh and allowed to continue to thieve a wage as an 'honest' journo.

2 hours ago, Mondraker said:

First Post on RM

Looking at the SNP, UB and this thread I honestly don't know if I'm actually in 1984 or the demolition man...maybe a mash up of both.

Sadly we have Dornan, Humza, Angela Haggerty + others who are in positions to put pressure on in the right places. They all have platform and use them against us and we have no one. 

I actually don't know when it'll change!? Maybe if the SNP ever get voted out, probably our best bet just now.

Hi BA

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Unfortunately they have plastered it front and centre as their main headline (baffling). They want the attention, and they will get it from the politicians who I assume will mention it in Parliament today.

When that happens, it becomes our issue and we won't be allowed to let it sink away. It has been concerted in a way that Rangers must take action in some form. If that action is to directly attack, then the anti-irish brush comes out and the message given by the media will be that we endorse these views. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Why don’t you write something in our defence and calling them out like that blog?

Couple of reasons. Not our fight so boss doesn't want it on our platforms - which I can completely understand tbh. Fighting this out in public does nobody any good . One of the lines I read from someone was 'an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind'.

There's also no defending some of those tweets from the H&H guys. No way anyone can put up a serious defence of stuff like the one about Barry Ferguson. Similarly responding with an article listing things other folk have said that should see them hauled up does nothing positive.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I don't think Rangers can ignore some of them tweets. Edgar's should be ok but the others' are much harder to try and ignore.

Fuck them. Dont care.

Say we are investigating then and report back sometime in 2047.

In the mean time get someone other than the club to push the fact that we have been called 'huns' etc by public figures etc.

When we see them removed from their positions, then I will agree with removing some fan media presenters.

This isnt about sectarianism/anti irish racism. Its about one side wanting to get the other into bother whilst getting away with doing the same back to us. The same reason they want to get the 'Bouncy' deemed racist. They know its not, but they want to take something away from us just because they can, and they are willing to blatantly lie that it is racist and belittle actual racism to just piss us off. 

As long as the motive is one-upmanship, the issue will never be resolved.

Like I have said multiple times before, I dont use the terms 'fenian', 'pape' and 'tarrier' as I think they are crass and basically sectarian. So is the term 'hun' though. As long as 'Hun' is deemed acceptable, I wont be calling for action against people who use the alternatives.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fuck them. Dont care.

Say we are investigating then and report back sometime in 2047.

In the mean time get someone other than the club to push the fact that we have been called 'huns' etc by public figures etc.

When we see them removed from their positions, then I will agree with removing some fan media presenters.

This isnt about sectarianism/anti irish racism. Its about one side wanting to get the other into bother whilst getting away with doing the same back to us. The same reason they want to get the 'Bouncy' deemed racist. They know its not, but they want to take something away from us just because they can, and they are willing to blatantly lie that it is racist and belittle actual racism to just piss us off. 

As long as the motive is one-upmanship, the issue will never be resolved.

Like I have said multiple times before, I dont use the terms 'fenian', 'pape' and 'tarrier' as I think they are crass and basically sectarian. So is the term 'hun' though. As long as 'Hun' is deemed acceptable, I wont be calling for action against people who use the alternatives.

The problem with that is, failing to punish others isn't a defence if/when you get caught bang to rights doing similar. There's no doubt that 'hun' should be treated the same way as 'fenian' etc but that won't get folk off the hook.

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Ironically, false name calling and tagging by msps, journos etc is taken seriously. Look at the language used by Jackson towards Alfie. Worse than this blog tbh and allowed to continue to thieve a wage as an 'honest' journo.

That is spot on, and it is absolutely wrong that the only condemnation of the likes of his article came from our side. Wrong is wrong no matter which side of the fence we sit on, and I do believe it is because we have been so passive as a club, a fan base and as a community in the wider aspect that we have allowed ourselves to become fair game.

There absolutely needs to be a shift to where absolutely anything is fair game from either side, or anything offensive is treated in the same way. I can't see it happen anytime soon.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

What have they said? Haven’t seen any of them. 

stuff like "Barry Ferguson continues to sully himself by mixing with tarriers.” "i'd like to congratulate the ROI for qualifying but I'm too much of a bigot. filthy romanists"

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

stuff like "Barry Ferguson continues to sully himself by mixing with tarriers.” "i'd like to congratulate the ROI for qualifying but I'm too much of a bigot. filthy romanists"

Not a good look if that’s the case. 

Just now, The Dude said:

The problem with that is, failing to punish others isn't a defence if/when you get caught bang to rights doing similar. There's no doubt that 'hun' should be treated the same way as 'fenian' etc but that won't get folk off the hook.

I think it is a defence when the publication that is accusing you of it is employing people who are bang to rights documented of doing that exact same thing.

One media outlet has posted proof that the fan media outlet has employees who have used unacceptable terms.

The fan media outlet has then posted proof that the other media outlet has employees who have used unacceptable terms.

Both are bang to rights.

Its just not fair in society if one of them must be punished because they are a football club and the other is allowed to walk scot free because they are a newspaper.

If one is allowed to continue, so must the other.

Fair enough, if the Record fires the reporters who have used the 'hun' term, and the SNP politicians resign or are fired, then I could agree with firing these guys from H&H.

If we are saying the record reporters and politicians can retain their jobs, then society is deeming this behaviour acceptable and the H&H guys can keep their positions.

If H&H cant be media partners for a football club because some of their staff used inappropriate terms, then the Daily Record cant be media partners for scottish football as they have staff who have done the same.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye that last one will probably see the club act in some form. Being generous, it could easily have been said in jest but it doesn't matter. 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Got to agree with the Ferguson remark. Most of the rubbish he allows to be published under his name falls very much into the category of one who has taken the tarrier pound.

Archived